Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED] Empty I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 13:08

I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my sims 3 game. I've been playing with my current househol for a while now, and today, after it didn't work to save it I quit the game. When I wanted to play again, I noticed my game was gone, there was no "window" with that family... Can I get it back somehow?

And, aloso, how can i get this error to stop, so i can always save my game properly?

Back to top Go down

I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Dec 2012, 15:17

Hello,

There's information about save errors here.
It's possible that something went wrong with your save game. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and see if there's anything unusual about your save game's folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 16:34

Hello,

I don't know much about the save folder, or how can i backup my saves... The save folder has my sunset valley files (this was the name of the game), but do I have to open them or something because i can't, it says "windows can't open this file..." can I get my game back? And, also, if i create a new game, the same error occurs, over and over again... Sad

//EDIT

Hey, guys, if anyone could answer to my problems soon, I would really appreciate it... I often get error 122 or 22 or something and "please read the readme file" when I'm trying to save my game. [SOLVED] 2830496658 And, in the message before, i didn't mean that the error occurs ALL the time, I guess it is more likely to happen as ur game gets bigger and bigger. For example, the first time i couldn't save my game, I was playing with 4 sims already, and i was playing for a really long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 23 Dec 2012, 08:12

Hello,

Yes it usually happens with big saves, but it would have to be really big. Did you try any of the options on the page I linked you to?

Oh and you don't have to open the save file.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 09:18

Just out of curiosity, how big is the lot your sims are on and how much ram do you have? I'm working on a theory and this information would help me test that theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:17

Well, I only have 2 gb ram. The house my sims lived in was pretty big, (the one in sunset valley where the Frios lived in or the one next to theirs, they're pretty similar). But I managed to get my family back and moved them to another city, Hidden Springs. I save my game pretty often-12-15 min-but the error keeps coming: somtimes error 6, but most of the times error12 Mad it is so annoying. Also, in my save folder, I noticed that my game file gets the sims3bad. extension. And the house they live in now is also big, maybe bigger.hope you guys can help me somehow Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:21

Hello,

The bad extension is caused by the error 12, if it occurs often enough.
Do you have errortrap? It may be a good idea to get it if you don't. I'm using it myself, have only 1GB RAM, and I haven't seen error 12 since I started using errortrap. Only once before that though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 17:33

hmmm... I' ll get errortrap then, but even if it works, that would be only half of my problem solved, as my game also crashes a lot. But i guess i have to open a new topic for this problem? And also, i' ll get another 2 gb ram soon, so hopefully this should count for something, too. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:44

Hello,

Did you look at these possible solutions for crashing issues?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 19:43

Well, here is the thing. I am almost completely sure that this all started AFTER I installed The sims 3 Pets. I mean, I would create a family , (one sim and one horse), put them into a house, and 1 to 5 minutes later, the game would crash into the desktop.So, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything "from scratch". Now, my brother's laptop has everything I have, the EPs, the SPs, the fix mods, everything, and his game, though is laggy for obvious reasons, (it is not that great of a laptop) doesn't crashes, at all! And he never had pets installed... My game started acting weird right after installing pets, and it never seemed to recover from it. I have that thing that allows me to use 4gb ram instead of just two, but my computer only has two... But I'll get 2 more soon.

//EDIT

Oh, and I tried that DEP thing once, never changed a thing. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:36

ChocolateThief7 wrote: I have that thing that allows me to use 4gb ram instead of just two, but my computer only has two... But I'll get 2 more soon.

But that doesn't serve a purpose now. May even cause problems, I don't know.
I don't know why your crashes would be specific to Pets, unless your graphicscard is unsupported. Having said that, TS3 is.... quirky.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:46

You can try increasing your virtual ram. Google around for the words "pagefile size" along with your version of windows (ie: pagefile size win7) to find directions on how to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 15:59

Uhmm. Graphicscard unsupported? What do you mean? Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 11:12

Hello,

That your graphicscard doesn't meet the requirements for Pets.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 14:23

Oh, I understand. Well, I have Nvidia Geforce 9500 Gt, so i think this is not the problem... Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 16:57

Hello there,

Let's try updating your graphic card drivers, just to be sure. Very Happy
What is your operating system and is it 32- or 64-bit?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 05:11

I read above but didn't see how I could actually get my game/lot/sims back....

I received the Sim3 Supernatural Error 12 issue and got so frustrated I shut down the game, instead of minimizing and rectifying the issue???

I saved about 20 minutes before receiving the Error 12 message. Being that I never received this error message previously I unfortunately did not consult with the Internet prior to growing frustrated and forced my Mac (4GB to play with) to shut down. I figured since I have recently dealt with many freezes and crashes, I would force a shut down and restart my computer and game at my previous save spot. MY BAD!

I have since made desktop backups.

However when I went back to the screen where I usually select Moonlight Falls, it has completely disappeared and the only available world is my hidden springs.

If there is ANYONE who can guide me through how to get back my game that I have invested many, many hours into and proceed with the new found knowledge I have of Saving As and changing the name or editing my world; Please I beg of your assistance!!

I cannot bear to lose all that I have accomplished.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 07 Jan 2013, 09:45

lilangelryder wrote:I read above but didn't see how I could actually get my game/lot/sims back....

I received the Sim3 Supernatural Error 12 issue and got so frustrated I shut down the game, instead of minimizing and rectifying the issue???

I saved about 20 minutes before receiving the Error 12 message. Being that I never received this error message previously I unfortunately did not consult with the Internet prior to growing frustrated and forced my Mac (4GB to play with) to shut down. I figured since I have recently dealt with many freezes and crashes, I would force a shut down and restart my computer and game at my previous save spot. MY BAD!

I have since made desktop backups.

However when I went back to the screen where I usually select Moonlight Falls, it has completely disappeared and the only available world is my hidden springs.

If there is ANYONE who can guide me through how to get back my game that I have invested many, many hours into and proceed with the new found knowledge I have of Saving As and changing the name or editing my world; Please I beg of your assistance!!

I cannot bear to lose all that I have accomplished.

Hello,

I think your best bet is to open a topic in the Mac section, if you don't find any answers there. PC users typically don't know a lot about how things work on Mac, but we have a few mac users here who may be of help to you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 13:56

I have windows 7, 32 bit, and my graphic card drivers are relatively new, just installed a couple month ago.

For lilangelryder :
Ok, I don't know anything about how MAC works but... here's what I did to get back my game , (even though it never stopped the crashes, nor the errors): went to the Saves folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3, copied my "name of the game".sims 3 and"name of the game". sims 3. backup and put them in a folder on desktop, then went back, deleted the "name of the game".sims 3 folder, and then renamed the "name of the game". sims 3. backup to "name of the game". sims 3 , (just remove the backup. extension). Rules apply even if instead of the sims 3 extension you have the sims 3. bad extension. Of course in the end, you will still remove the backup extension, without adding "bad". Hope it helped, even if I'm not sure any of this applies to MAC users.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top