Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 10:19

In order to open the game,i need to insert seasons disk. I downloaded everything from games4theworld btw. I'm using Daemon tools and could mount the two base game disks mounted but other eps wont mount. I could install them just by extracting the files with winrar but now when i have to mount the seasons the file wont mount. There is an option to open it in Daemon tools but nothing wont show up in the program when i click it. When i try to select from the program "Add Image" the file wont shop up on the window to select it, but will the base game disks.

Edit: 
I realized that Daemon tools doesnt mount rar files so i downloaded WinMount free trial, because it can mount rar and other files. I tried to mount the file with that program but it said that its not mountable and that the file is null. Please can someone please help me?

Back to top Go down

Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 11:28

nadezdabeka wrote:In order to open the game,i need to insert seasons disk. I downloaded everything from games4theworld btw. I'm using Daemon tools and could mount the two base game disks mounted but other eps wont mount. I could install them just by extracting the files with winrar but now when i have to mount the seasons the file wont mount. There is an option to open it in Daemon tools but nothing wont show up in the program when i click it. When i try to select from the program "Add Image" the file wont shop up on the window to select it, but will the base game disks.

Edit: 
I realized that Daemon tools doesnt mount rar files so i downloaded WinMount free trial, because it can mount rar and other files. I tried to mount the file with that program but it said that its not mountable and that the file is null. Please can someone please help me?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You don't 'mount' .RAR files. Instead, create an empty folde somewhere. Then you should open the .RAR file with the program WinRAR (also available on the official downloads page). You should then see the contents of the .RAR. You drag and drop all contents of the .RAR, into the empty folder you created. The extraction process can take a while. When it's done, you start the "setup.exe" to run the installer.

As for the rest, you should then apply the 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate fix, a.k.a. do the steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
http://goo.gl/EvV8E

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Wait...that's not the problem...

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2016, 17:55

Thanks for trying to help but you don't understand my issue. Maybe i wasn't very precise. I installed the game and eps,update it and solved the problem with "error during startup" thanks to you guys. But my issue here is that i can't open the game to play on the launcher because it tells me to insert the seasons disk since its the latest ep i downloaded. I can't mount the seasons disc since its a .rar file and my comp than wont recognize it as a dvd. I'm asking for help to make my comp recognize seasons as a disk or any other way so i can finally play the game. I've been searching the best sims torrents for ages than discovered you,than downloading your games for 5 days,tried to understand the instructions (it was kinda hard to understand what to re-install and re-apply), and looking for the "error during startup" solution and now this so im kinda frustrated right now. Why.

Question unrelated to this topic: If i decide to install more eps, will i have to update the game again without damaging anything since its a cracked game and doesn't work like the originals,right?

Back to top Go down

Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Oct 2016, 18:30

nadezdabeka wrote:Thanks for trying to help but you don't understand my issue. Maybe i wasn't very precise. I installed the game and eps,update it and solved the problem with "error during startup" thanks to you guys. But my issue here is that i can't open the game to play on the launcher because it tells me to insert the seasons disk since its the latest ep i downloaded. I can't mount the seasons disc since its a .rar file and my comp than wont recognize it as a dvd. I'm asking for help to make my comp recognize seasons as a disk or any other way so i can finally play the game. I've been searching the best sims torrents for ages than discovered you,than downloading your games for 5 days,tried to understand the instructions (it was kinda hard to understand what to re-install and re-apply), and looking for the "error during startup" solution and now this so im kinda frustrated right now. Why.

Question unrelated to this topic: If i decide to install more eps, will i have to update the game again without damaging anything since its a cracked game and doesn't work like the originals,right?

Try doing the steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And see if it lets you run the game (please make sure to do the steps properly). And if you install more EPs later on, you shouldn't have to repeat these steps. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with mounting the .rar file. [SOLVED] Empty It works

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:53

Thanks, it works  Carlos is tha man!!! Cookie from Carlos

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun! Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top