Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher Stops Working and The Game Won't Load

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher Stops Working and The Game Won't Load Empty Launcher Stops Working and The Game Won't Load

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016, 15:42

I downloaded some cc from TSR and when i played the game it worked fine,it was little slower but its okay since i added quite some cc (objects). When i today opened a saved game to play it was soooo sloooow it passed more than 30min and i decided to close the game. I wanted to delete something from the launcher since all of my latest cc was sims3pack. When i scrolled through the installed content about 3 seconds the launcher crashes but it won't crash when i'm not using it. I removed My Build and Buy package files thinking it will make any difference but It still happens the same. I didn't remove mods becuase i didn't add any mods for a month. I have WA,Ambitions,Generations,Late Night,Pets and Seasons and game patch 1.67, 3GB RAM, Win 7, 32-bit.
Also, everytime i open a launcher before this problem a window appears saying "An error has occupied in the script of this page" i just click "No" and nothing happens but this was popping out when i used to play cracked sims 3 from zamunda before i discovered you and download your games. What's that about?

Back to top Go down

Launcher Stops Working and The Game Won't Load Empty Re: Launcher Stops Working and The Game Won't Load

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 15:46

Hello,

Sounds like it could be bad or conflicting CC. One way to find out is launching a completely fresh folder in "Documents". Do this by going to Documents/Electronic Arts, and either rename the "The Sims 3" folder to anything you like, or drag it away and, for example, onto the desktop. 
A new one will be generated by your game next time you open the launcher. If it all works, you can simply copy the mods, saves and downloads from the original folder that you renamed or placed elsewhere. You can then test your new CC one by one to find the culprit.
The script error is nothing to worry about, it shouldn't affect your ability to use the launcher. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)