Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 2 complete collection will not start.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 2 complete collection will not start. Empty The sims 2 complete collection will not start.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2016, 07:46

Hello, I had the sims 2 complete collection for a while and recently it just would not start, the launcher starts, but not the actual game. I tried everything from removing my mods to changing it to compatibility mode and today I even reinstalled every single one of them but it still will not start. I don't recieve any error message neither. Please help?

Back to top Go down

The sims 2 complete collection will not start. Empty Re: The sims 2 complete collection will not start.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Nov 2016, 20:18

chi168 wrote:Hello, I had the sims 2 complete collection for a while and recently it just would not start, the launcher starts, but not the actual game. I tried everything from removing my mods to changing it to compatibility mode and today I even reinstalled every single one of them but it still will not start. I don't recieve any error message neither. Please help?

Hello again @chi168,

Have you tried this here already?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22860-deleting-cache-files-in-the-sims-2

Was the game working in the past?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 2 complete collection will not start. Empty Re: The sims 2 complete collection will not start.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2016, 22:28

When you haven't removed the old installations in a correct manner you should notice that a re-installtion will not ask you for a serial number.
If that is the case, try to clean up the registry by hand.
I'm sure there is a manual for that somewhere on this forum.

EDIT: I did a quick search and found this about removing Sims 2 from the register

1. Keep Windowskey down and type R
2. In the window type regedit
3. In the register, open folder HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Scroll down to SOFTWARE  (64-bits machines scroll down to WoW6432Node, open it and scroll down to SOFTWARE)
5. Look for folder EA GAMES and open it
6. Select every expansion by rightclicking on it and choose Delete or Remove.
7. When completed re-boot your computer.
8. Install again, starting with basegame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 04:12

They did ask me for a serial number and it did work before, it stopped working before I reinstalled it.
Edit: I suppose there are no cache files since i haven't been able to start it at all after reinstalling and I couldn't find any.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Nov 2016, 16:48

chi168 wrote:They did ask me for a serial number and it did work before, it stopped working before I reinstalled it.
Edit: I suppose there are no cache files since i haven't been able to start it at all after reinstalling and I couldn't find any.

Control Panel/System/Advanced (tab)/Performance/Settings/Data Execution Prevention

go to that location on your system.

The sims 2 complete collection will not start. 6xjqoX9

Tick the option marked with a red arrow in my screenshot, if it isn't marked already. Click on Apply -> OK. Not sure if you have to re-boot the computer for that change to take effect, but may have to.

Then try the game again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016, 05:57

Hello again, I'm sorry that I'm slow to respond but I'm in a different time zone. It was already marked...

//EDIT

Just tried starting another random game I have and suspiciously, It would not start in the same way. I saw it pop up in the processes of the task manager and then it simply dissapears. I played sims 3 just earlier today, that worked a charm, even the sims 1 works. The sims 2 complete collection will not start. 4241093300

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Dec 2016, 19:21

chi168 wrote:Just tried starting another random game I have and suspiciously, It would not start in the same way. I saw it pop up in the processes of the task manager and then it simply dissapears. I played sims 3 just earlier today, that worked a charm, even the sims 1 works. Why God.

By any chance, are you playing on a computer with "dual graphics"? These systems often cause issues with games. Have a look at the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23881-game-doesn-t-start-no-specific-error-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2016, 13:05

no dual graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Dec 2016, 23:19

chi168 wrote:no dual graphics

OK, do you think you could show us a screenshot from your computer system? Smile

Press the Windows key + R, type dxdiag and then hit enter. Now, a window will come up after a few seconds. There is a tab named "Display" - go under that tab. And then make a screenshot and upload it here. We'll then see what can be done further.  alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2016, 05:40

thank you!

EDIT: Seems i can't even figure out how to add the screen shot Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 09 Dec 2016, 15:41

Hello,

Use this button to upload and insert your screenshot:
The sims 2 complete collection will not start. Image510
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2016, 06:53

The sims 2 complete collection will not start. Fyr_si10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Dec 2016, 01:07

chi168 wrote:The sims 2 complete collection will not start. Fyr_si10

Sorry for the late-ish reply,

I assume that computer is a laptop? Have a look here and try downloading this "AMD Catalyst Control Center":
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/catalyst-windows-install.aspx

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:20

So in china I had problems downloading it, thought I'd wait until I got back home but my screen broke on the way home... Might just be buying a new laptop instead of fixing the screen... Thank you guys for your help though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top