Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder Empty Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2016, 08:32

hi, im new to this forum. i've following this website on fixing various issue of TS3 and TS4, working really great.
something happen after clearing some cache,malware etc using malwarebytes. Then the game stopped working ( didn't take the screenshot of error code, my bad).So, what i did is

1. i uninstalled all TS4
2. then i tried to install it back, and forget to turn off the malwarebytes protection
3. i click the base game setup.exe, and the software said it was move to quarantine zone which is not there ( totally gone )
4. only the small setup.exe file gone. here's the screenshot of the folder
Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder Setup14
Can i have a copy of setup.exe from you guys who still save the installation files? honestly i dont want to go through hell to download all files back just for setup.exe, considering that i have legendary slow internet.
ANY HELP FROM YOU GUYS WOULD BE GREAT 

Back to top Go down

Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder Empty Re: Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Dec 2016, 16:24

Hello @santa246 and welcome to the Forum,

If I uploaded the setup.exe, it most likely wouldn't help you, see this here:

Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder 279d82a2b10044aa89bf2219fb0df5b1

This screenshot show the contents of the .RAR, of Games4theworld's Sims 4 base game.

There are more files in the download of The Sims 4, than the ones from your screenshot. Are you sure you downloaded the game from Games4theworld, or is it from another source/uploader?

Note that I can only upload the "setup.exe" for the Games4theworld games, not for torrents from other groups. I'm sorry, but you will need to re-download the torrent I'm afraid.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder Empty Re: Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2016, 23:11

Thanks for dropping by @The_gh0stm4n, guess i have no other way but to re-download.
Thanks again for the reply. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Dec 2016, 00:56

santa246 wrote:Thanks for dropping by @The_gh0stm4n, guess i have no other way but to re-download.
Thanks again for the reply. Smile

Sorry to hear you have to do that. If you have something like an external hard-drive or USB-flashdrive available, you could put your downloaded stuff there, so in case there is some problem, you do not have to download them again.

You could also use DVD-discs or something, but depending on the capacity of the discs you use & the filesizes of the items you download, you may need to "split" the download into several parts. For example, WinRAR has a functionality that when you pack something in a .RAR file, you have the option of splitting the resulting archive file, into several smaller parts (& you can choose the filesize of the parts).

Was there anything else for the moment you needed help with? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 17:41

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Sorry to hear you have to do that. If you have something like an external hard-drive or USB-flashdrive available, you could put your downloaded stuff there, so in case there is some problem, you do not have to download them again.

You could also use DVD-discs or something, but depending on the capacity of the discs you use & the filesizes of the items you download, you may need to "split" the download into several parts. For example, WinRAR has a functionality that when you pack something in a .RAR file, you have the option of splitting the resulting archive file, into several smaller parts (& you can choose the filesize of the parts).

Was there anything else for the moment you needed help with? Smile
I usually create back up file in external hd, somehow i forgot to make one for the sims 4. thanks for reminding.

help me bless my internet speed  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd. idk how torrent works but always slow for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Dec 2016, 02:43

Maybe this here can help speed up your internet a little bit:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Missing setup.exe from the base game installation folder Empty thanks again for helping me with my download speed problem

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 05:17

@The_gh0stm4n thanks again for helping me with my download speed problem, from constant 25kb/ps to 150kb/ps.   Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Dec 2016, 05:50

santa246 wrote:@The_gh0stm4n thanks again for helping me with my download speed problem, from constant 25kb/ps to 150kb/ps.   Yess, aye lieeke!

//MERGED

Don't thank me; you should thank Admin for writing this guide about speeding up µTorrent. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top