Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all? Empty Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all?

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2016, 19:30

[edited; please see below]
downloaded and installed the sims 3 from this website, applied the latest patch downloaded from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and pasted the two crack files into the bin folder (after renaming the original two as .old)
i keep getting this error message, regardless of which code i used to install, and regardless of which code i paste into the box... the three registration codes i tried are in the .txt file that came with The Sims 3

PS: did not try installing any expansion or stuff packs yet, i have zero mods and saves, and i downloaded the complete collection from here: https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

the errors: http://prntscr.com/dizti2 - note, clicking done opens the same message again
clicking don't continue returns this message: http://prntscr.com/diztqi

please advise?

--

edit: i figured it out and tried to install an expansion pack, just to see if it would do anything - i just wanted to test it to see if it worked, because i was having the same issue i'm having now:

basically all the in-game menus are blank. the drop downs open but all options are... blank? nothing to select or anything, and clicking the big blue "play" button doesn't do anything...
that is..
if i actually manage to launch it now. right this moment, the last 3 times i tried to launch it to take a snapshot, it was just stuck in a black screen with a busy mouse cursor until it just stopped responding

Last edited by eksynn on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 01:55; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : topic kind of changed due to more issues arising)

Back to top Go down

Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all? Empty Re: Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Dec 2016, 20:26

eksynn wrote:PS: did not try installing any expansion or stuff packs yet,

Hello @eksynn,

You HAVE to install at least one of the expansions or stuffpacks, because that's the way the crack works. There is a reason we mentioned this in the "must-read guide" for TS3 (conversely, if it wasn't necessary to do that, it wouldn't be stated in the guide). Smile

There are other methods for playing "just" the base game of TS3, but I personally can't speak on behalf of them, and you would need to research & do them at your own risk. For starters there is the possibility of mounting an .ISO image of the base game disc in a virtual drive - which is computer-resource-intensive, and you would have to mount the disc image every time before playing the game.

The other method is using the "NRAAS NoCD-mod", which is a .package file and installed the same way as any other mod. I heard from people that this mod is prone to failure (?!), so it is not recommended to be used. But I myself don't have enough experience with it.

Case in point, using these crack-files (a.k.a. the Ultimate fix), might be the most convenient solution of all. At least it doesn't have the disadvantages of the other methods.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all? Empty Re: Registration Code invalid | Blank in-game menus | Game not loading at all?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Dec 2016, 20:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

The other method is using the "NRAAS NoCD-mod", which is a .package file and installed the same way as any other mod. I heard from people that this mod is prone to failure (?!), so it is not recommended to be used. But I myself don't have enough experience with it.

Yes, we used that as a temporary fix at some point with one of the EP's way back when. It worked for some people, not for others. 

Best to install one of the EP's as mentioned in the guide, and try again with the crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016, 00:07

yea i figured that out, just to see if it would do anything xD i'm not against playing with expansion packs or anything, i just wanted to test it to see if it worked, because i was having the same issue i'm having now

basically all the in-game menus are blank. the drop downs open but all options are... blank? nothing to select or anything, and clicking the big blue "play" button doesn't do anything...
that is..
if i actually manage to launch it now. right this moment, the last 3 times i tried to launch it to take a snapshot, it was just stuck in a black screen with a busy mouse cursor until it just stopped responding

//EDIT

can i.. is it ok to bump this? i don't know if it is or not but.. bump? x]

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Dec 2016, 14:49

eksynn wrote:can i.. is it ok to bump this? i don't know if it is or not but.. bump? x]

Hello again,

You can send a Moderator a private message/e-mail, if you haven't received a Forum reply after 24 hours of posting your question. Which technically isn't the case here (a.k.a. please don't bump the Forum earlier than 24 hours), but it's OK. Smile

As for the problem, are you sure you are using the correct files? You ONLY need the two files that are inside the #Crack-folder of the Ultimate fix. The two files must be copied and pasted into the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And then of course replace the existing files when prompted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2016, 02:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
As for the problem, are you sure you are using the correct files? You ONLY need the two files that are inside the #Crack-folder of the Ultimate fix. The two files must be copied and pasted into the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And then of course replace the existing files when prompted.
yep, triple+-checked the location before doing anything - this is the location i'm pasting it to:
G:\Games - Win7\The Sims 3\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

the files being replaced within that folder, copied from '# Crack':
TS3W.exe
TSLHost.dll

edit: thanks for letting me know about the whole bump thing ^^ i'll be sure to contact a moderator if takes 24+ hours before i receive a response
edit2: i'm thinking i should just download each of the 21 "pieces" of the game separately as opposed to using the compilation...

Last edited by eksynn on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 20:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Dec 2016, 05:28

eksynn wrote:edit2: i'm thinking i should just download each of the 21 "pieces" of the game separately as opposed to using the compilation...

No need to do that. The compilation is working perfectly fine. In my experience, these problems can happen if something went wrong during the installation of the game. People install something, something unexpected happens. They often don't know what to do. They attempt to uninstall, but it doesn't work. They then try installing the game again "over" the broken build - and the cycle goes on.

Not saying this is the case with you, but maybe you get the idea. Smile  If you correctly applied the Ultimate fix, something is wrong with the actual installation. Check the topic here for manually removing the game:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

It's a bit of work, yes, but after you managed to do that please re-boot the computer and then start afresh.

Take your time for this, and good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:34

I think this problem can also be solved by reapplying the manual patch though, it might be worth to try that before you start uninstalling.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top