Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a new expansion pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding a new expansion pack Empty Adding a new expansion pack

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 16:38

Hello Smile

So I downloaded Sims 3 and most of the expansion packs from here a while ago. Now I haven't played in many months and I wanted to add Island Paradise. I still have the WinRAR file "The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection".
I don't want to mess something up, so I want to know if I just need to follow that guide from step 3 on? Meaning I need to extract Island Paradise from the WinRAR file, follow the installation guide inside of that expansion pack (opening .exe file and using the serial code), then downloading the Ultimate Fix again and adding a .exe and .dll file into the Bin folder.
Just wondering if I can skip some of these steps because my game already works and I have a safe file and everything. Maybe some of these steps aren't necessary or will even completely reset my game?

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Adding a new expansion pack Empty Re: Adding a new expansion pack

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Dec 2016, 20:37

Hello,

The only thing I would advise, is to use the patch again since it patches some stuff in Island Paradise, probably, and after that, you only need to reapply the crack that's already included with the Complete Collection. You don't have to use the fix, since the it's the same crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 21:09

Thanks a lot!

Just want to add what I did in case someone else is having the question I had - I just installed the Island Paradise .exe and applied the serial code. I didn't use the patch again because I saw that my game is already up to date. I tested it and everything seems to be working well.

Thread can be closed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top