Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Freezes at startup!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Freezes at startup! Empty Game Freezes at startup!

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 18:58

Everytime I try to open the Sims it will freeze right at the startup. And yes, I did download the games in the correct order! There is no error window that pops up and I have to sign out of my computer so I can regain control of it.

Back to top Go down

Game Freezes at startup! Empty Re: Game Freezes at startup!

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2016, 19:00

Do you have any mods installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:54

Same thing is happening to me... It stays stuck in the Sims 4 screen and it just stops responding...

Anyone know what can be causing this?

UPDATE: I removed the Mods from the mods folder and the game actually works... how can I know what mods are the ones affecting it and not letting it run?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:35

futuretree wrote:Everytime I try to open the Sims it will freeze right at the startup. And yes, I did download the games in the correct order! There is no error window that pops up and I have to sign out of my computer so I can regain control of it.

Hello @futuretree and sorry for the late reply,

Check out the post here for possible fixes on crashings:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

Do you experience similar problems when playing other games as well, if I may ask? If so, it could be an indicator of something else being wrong with the computer...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top