Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts Empty Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 15:52

I've been sitting here trying to make this game work for the past two days, and I've scowered this forum for solutions and tried pretty much everything. I've gone through the "main guide" several times, moved the folder between Program (x86) and Program Files, applied the EC3 fix as well as the No_Origin error fix, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I've changed all the older Game folders to Game_ or similiar when I've installed all the DLCs, so they should not be interfering! I've moved the Mods folder away, and that didn't change anything either. 

I've experienced all the errors, "Origin not running", "Newer version installed yada yada", and the one where the game starts in Spanish, and seem to fix all those, but always end up to where I start the game, and it freezes at the start loading screen. It does so when it reaches 23% CPU and 1100MB Memory in the task manager. Don't know if that helps - just thought I'd mention it. Please help, I'm going insane.

Back to top Go down

Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts Empty Re: Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 16:00

Hi @Epke and welcome to the forum!

Try instead to place this new game folder to your Sims 4 installation folder. I'd suggest at this point to delete any Game AND Game_ folder that you have before pasting this one. Also, you can rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to test the game with a 'fresh' folder.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020

Back to top Go down

Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts Empty Re: Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:22

Ageha wrote:Hi @Epke and welcome to the forum!

Try instead to place this new game folder to your Sims 4 installation folder. I'd suggest at this point to delete any Game AND Game_ folder that you have before pasting this one. Also, you can rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to test the game with a 'fresh' folder.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020
Thank you!
Gotcha. Deleting all the Game folders and renaming the folder in Documents. Sorry if I misunderstood, when you say "this new game folder" do you mean the Toddlers game folder or something else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:37

Oh no, the link I gave you is actually a game folder. Use that instead and paste them to your Sims 4 installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 19:40

Oh, yeah! Duh! Thank you. It worked the first time starting the game, and every try since that it freezes on the same spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:12

Hi @Epke ,

Recently a user found out that some stuffs from her toddler pack was missing. And after re-installing the game again, it worked out. Perhaps you can try to re-install the Toddler's Stuff pack again and see if that helps. Also, could you screenshot the Sims 4 installation folder for me? Just going to double check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 20:16

Ageha wrote:Hi @Epke ,

Recently a user found out that some stuffs from her toddler pack was missing. And after re-installing the game again, it worked out. Perhaps you can try to re-install the Toddler's Stuff pack again and see if that helps. Also, could you screenshot the Sims 4 installation folder for me? Just going to double check.
Hi again! 

I'm gonna go ahead right now to try and reinstall the Toddler's Stuff pack. If it's a different procedure than the usual installation process, do let me know! And for sure! (let's see if I do this correctly..)

This is as it was before the re-installation of Toddler's,
Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts Simsin10

And this is after!
Freezes at startup loading screen despite efforts Simsin11

Results: The game opens for a split second, as seen in the activity window, but shuts down immediately. I'm sorry this is being a bugger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:42

Did you start the game from the folder Game or from Game_ ?
It should be from Game\Bin\TS4 or TS4_x64.exe.

Also try a new Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts by renaming the folder The Sims 4 (or whatever it may be in your language) to The Sims 4_old
Now start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 13:21

Hi @Epke ,

Have you removed DLCs or disabled them in the past? You're missing quite a few folders based on the screenshot. 
EP02 , GP02 , SP01 - SP04 -> It seems you've missed out Get Together completely. If this was intentional, I'd suggest you check your RldOrigin.ini and make sure those are correctly disabled.
If it was not, then install the Get Together followed by all the other DLCs up till Tot's Stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Oct 2017, 22:15

Hi!
I have not, so the missing of the Get Together dlc is completely unintentional. I'm currently reinstalling them all starting at Get Together, and I just noticed one thing: downloading the "Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff" file results in it changing it's file name to "The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020", starting in BitComet. That folder's Installation Guide has the title "The Sims 4: City Living - Installation Guide". Is this how it's supposed to be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 14:54

Hi @Epke ,

Indeed the Vampire download will change to The Sims 4 Update v1.29. As for the installation guide, I admit I did not notice that since I have never open any of it in the first place. LOL. Mine says the same thing as well so no worries. That is indeed the correct file and download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 19:04

Hi again! I've completely reinstalled from Get Together and upwards, including the Error 3 Fix as advised by the big guide, and I'm unfortunately still not getting the game to start. I'm now getting the whole "Origin must be running" error. 

I've also tried renaming/removing the The Sims 4 folder in Documents without results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 14:52

Epke wrote:Hi again! I've completely reinstalled from Get Together and upwards, including the Error 3 Fix as advised by the big guide, and I'm unfortunately still not getting the game to start. I'm now getting the whole "Origin must be running" error. 

I've also tried renaming/removing the The Sims 4 folder in Documents without results.
Hi again,

Do you have Origin running in your pc at all? Also, ahve you moved the Sims 4 folder out from the EA folder after re-installing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:27

Ageha wrote:
Epke wrote:Hi again! I've completely reinstalled from Get Together and upwards, including the Error 3 Fix as advised by the big guide, and I'm unfortunately still not getting the game to start. I'm now getting the whole "Origin must be running" error. 

Hi again,

Do you have Origin running in your pc at all? Also, ahve you moved the Sims 4 folder out from the EA folder after re-installing?
Hi! No, not at all! I've made sure to check my task manager so Origin isn't running in the background, and it isn't - the game is still not up for it. Moving the Sims 4 folder out has not worked, either. 
I feel like I'm becoming a nuisance at this rate haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:43

Did you start the game as an Administrator ?

Also, you could try this:
1. Open your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin
2. Copy the file RldOrigin.ini to your desktop
3. Re-extract the download for Fitness with Winrar
4. Delete the folder Game from your install folder The Sims 4.
5. Copy the folder Game from your again extracted download Fitness to your install folder The Sims 4
6. Copy RldOrigin.ini from your desktop to the install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin
7. Start your game as an Administrator by rightclicking on TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe in your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.

Make sure that your install folder The Sims 4 AND the folder where you extract the downloads are in the exceptions of your Anti-virus program.
When you have 64-bits Windows it is advisable to start the game via TS4_x64.exe.
Note that the shortcut on your desktop is no longer fuctionning since you've moved (not copied ?) your install folder to your desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 21:53

Polarbear wrote:Did you start the game as an Administrator ?

Also, you could try this:
1. Open your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin
2. Copy the file RldOrigin.ini to your desktop
3. Re-extract the download for Fitness with Winrar
4. Delete the folder Game from your install folder The Sims 4.
5. Copy the folder Game from your again extracted download Fitness to your install folder The Sims 4
6. Copy RldOrigin.ini from your desktop to the install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin
7. Start your game as an Administrator by rightclicking on TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe in your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.

Make sure that your install folder The Sims 4 AND the folder where you extract the downloads are in the exceptions of your Anti-virus program.
When you have 64-bits Windows it is advisable to start the game via TS4_x64.exe.
Note that the shortcut on your desktop is no longer fuctionning since you've moved (not copied ?) your install folder to your desktop.
I stopped using the desktop shortcut ages ago, I start the game directly via the exe file in Bin! 

I tried starting the game as Admin, and for every wonderfully diverse error I've received, it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Thank you for your tip! Sadly, it didn't seem to work. Instead of the "Origin not running" error, I now don't get the game to start up at all. Not even a blip in Task Manager, which I find odd. 

Oh, and, yeah, both folders are exceptions in my anti-virus software.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:54

@Epke 

Hmm. By now you should have restarted your PC. Try placing these files here to your Game\Bin and run the game as admin again.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-33-38-1020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 20:22

Ageha wrote:@Epke 

Hmm. By now you should have restarted your PC. Try placing these files here to your Game\Bin and run the game as admin again.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-33-38-1020

I hate to say this, but.. it didn't work. I'm sorry! I feel like a broken recorder at this point.
I'm back at the "Make sure Origin is running" error. I have no idea what's wrong. I've at this point inactivated my firewalls for extra measure and it still doesn't do the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 13:47

Epke wrote:
I hate to say this, but.. it didn't work. I'm sorry! I feel like a broken recorder at this point.
I'm back at the "Make sure Origin is running" error. I have no idea what's wrong. I've at this point inactivated my firewalls for extra measure and it still doesn't do the trick.
Hi @Epke ,

No worries! I understand sometimes some people really have a hard time getting their game running. I used to have the same problem on my sister's computer until I complete re-install the OS. (LOL). There's no need to be drastic of course. Have you tried to install the ZLOrigin version instead?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple
I stopped using the desktop shortcut ages ago, I start the game directly via the exe file in Bin! 
Also regarding this, have you make sure you start the game from the correct Game folder? If you have more than one of course (Game and Game_). Else try installing ZLOrigin and see if you can run the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top