Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED] Empty SP08thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 04:08

SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED] Sims_4

Hello, newbie here!

I just followed every single instruction as per "How To Install Sims 4 Correctly" and every time I do so, the game notifies me this pop-up. I downloaded City Living straight from the announcement post from the G4TW website, FYI.

Any help will do much great service to me as I greet the new year playing the City Living expansion pack. Hehe.

Back to top Go down

SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED] Empty Re: SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:40

dougrusty101 wrote:SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED] Sims_4

Hello, newbie here!

I just followed every single instruction as per "How To Install Sims 4 Correctly" and every time I do so, the game notifies me this pop-up. I downloaded City Living straight from the announcement post from the G4TW website, FYI.

Any help will do much great service to me as I greet the new year playing the City Living expansion pack. Hehe.

Hello @dougrusty101 and welcome to the Forum!

Did you use the program "WinRAR" for extracting the contents of the .rar file download?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED] Empty Re: SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 16:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
dougrusty101 wrote:SP08\thumbnails.package Corrupt? [SOLVED] Sims_4

Hello, newbie here!

Hello @dougrusty101 and welcome to the Forum!

Did you use the program "WinRAR" for extracting the contents of the .rar file download?
Hello, @The_gh0stm4n,

Yes, currently I am using WinRAR to extract the .rar file download. Is it possible that WinRAR corrupts these files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 04:00

Hello, @The_gh0stm4n,

I just re-downloaded the file from the announcement post and replaced the corrupted file. All is well now. Thank you so much for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:42

dougrusty101 wrote:Hello, @The_gh0stm4n,

I just re-downloaded the file from the announcement post and replaced the corrupted file. All is well now. Thank you so much for your help!

WinRAR itself shouldn't corrupt anything, if the source file was compressed with WinRAR as well. Yes, re-downloading (sometimes even with a different torrent client) can help as well.

Alright, have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more help! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top