Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents.. Empty Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents..

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 19:37

Hi, I recently downloaded city living, and everything is going great. But I wanted to install some mods. So I waited a while for my documents folder to appear.. But I can't find the Sims 4 folder. Yes, I did play for a while. But it wont appear for some reason.

If you know a possible fix for this, please let me know!  Wink

Back to top Go down

Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents.. Empty Re: Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents..

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 12:23

Hi there!

I admit i have to searched online for this problem BUT i saw one posts that solved the problem. Though I'm unsure if you already did this. So...

Run the game, enable the script mods in your game and exit. Check your documents folder again if it's there. (I'm sorry if this sounds too basic to be a solution honestly)

Alternatively, try checking to see if your hidden files are shown. Go to the 'View' tab in file explorer and check the hidden items. 

Back to top Go down

Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents.. Empty Re: Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents..

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 13:05

If you can't find the Sims 4 folder in Documents.
Do a search in Windows for GameVersion. (Magnifying glass, on your taskbar).When found right-click on it and click on Open location.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:37

It's possible your The Sims 4 folder went to onedrive in stead of your Documents folder. 
I notice you're running Windows 10, I had the same thing with TS3. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 13:14

MissVxntage wrote:Hi, I recently downloaded city living, and everything is going great. But I wanted to install some mods. So I waited a while for my documents folder to appear.. But I can't find the Sims 4 folder. Yes, I did play for a while. But it wont appear for some reason.

If you know a possible fix for this, please let me know!  Wink

Hello again,

The possible fix is here:

Can't Find the Sims 4 Folder In Documents.. Screen16

The folder location where you need to look for your Mods-folder. By default that should be under C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods.

Using the search function initially can help, as well as checking whether this "OneDrive" messed up your folder. But in my epxerience, in 9 out of 10 cases the problem is because users simply are unaware of the difference between the "Documents" and the "Program files"-folders.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top