Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag Empty The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2017, 00:24

Just downloaded the latest Sims 3 Complete Collection and Sims 3 Complete Store and found that when I click on a sim (any) or pet the game freezes for about 4-8 seconds and then interaction menu appears. I deleted the cache files and ran the game and it continued to happen. Turned off firewall and ran the game and lag was still there. I finally took out .packages and the lag was shortened to a bearable amount of time but as soon as I put the .packages back the lag is much longer.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag Empty Re: The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:57

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
If that happens for you, it's probably just that you're using content, regardless of where it came from. "The Sims" is known for this problem, unfortunately. Can you tell how much RAM your PC has? You can find out by right-clicking on "This PC" and going to properties.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag Empty Re: The sims 3: The Complete Store .packages causes sim interaction menu lag

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Jan 2017, 19:40

smootherlemur wrote:Just downloaded the latest Sims 3 Complete Collection and Sims 3 Complete Store and found that when I click on a sim (any) or pet the game freezes for about 4-8 seconds and then interaction menu appears. I deleted the cache files and ran the game and it continued to happen. Turned off firewall and ran the game and lag was still there. I finally took out .packages and the lag was shortened to a bearable amount of time but as soon as I put the .packages back the lag is much longer.

Do you have any other .package files, beyond the ones from the complete store-torrent? Having too many individual .package files could be a cause as well. You could try merging some of them, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3840-combining-cc-in-package-format-updated-28-june-13

Note: you shouldn't merge (script) mods, though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 04:32

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
smootherlemur wrote:Just downloaded the latest Sims 3 Complete Collection and Sims 3 Complete Store and found that when I click on a sim (any) or pet the game freezes for about 4-8 seconds and then interaction menu appears. I deleted the cache files and ran the game and it continued to happen. Turned off firewall and ran the game and lag was still there. I finally took out .packages and the lag was shortened to a bearable amount of time but as soon as I put the .packages back the lag is much longer.

Do you have any other .package files, beyond the ones from the complete store-torrent? Having too many individual .package files could be a cause as well. You could try merging some of them, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3840-combining-cc-in-package-format-updated-28-june-13

Note: you shouldn't merge (script) mods, though.
I do not. The only ones I had were the Store ones.

//EDIT

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
If that happens for you, it's probably just that you're using content, regardless of where it came from. "The Sims" is known for this problem, unfortunately. Can you tell how much RAM your PC has? You can find out by right-clicking on "This PC" and going to properties.

6 GB
5.73 usable

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2017, 09:26

That ought to do. 
Packages are often more easily to handle for your system than Sims3packs are, and the ones we have right here have been merged into packages that make it even easier on your system.

The Sims are prone to lagging, you could try these solutions for your lag. There's also a way to increase the amount of RAM your 32-bit applications can use, having trouble finding the link here on the forum at the moment WhatDidUJustCallMe?
@The_Gh0stm4n will (hopefully) know where to find it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jan 2017, 18:08

This here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Down load the patch and apply it to the TS3W.exe, under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2017, 20:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:This here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Down load the patch and apply it to the TS3W.exe, under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Smile

Great, I'll be sure to bookmark that for future reference!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Jan 2017, 11:31

@smootherlemur, not sure if it can cause lag as well, but you should also check out this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top