Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ ) Empty Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C: )

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 18:32

I have followed the instructions of "How to install The Sims 4 correctly" and,while The Sims 4: Get to work works perfectly, i keep on getting "Origin is currently not running" message after adding other 2 DLCs.
At this point i must mention that I am aware the problem might be caused by the fact that my Sims 4 base game is not placed in system C, but I do not have enough space for the game in there.
Is there any way of fixing this problem, or am i doomed?

(also I apologise if this question was answered before, i just couldnt find(or missed) the topic about it here...)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ ) Empty Re: Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ )

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 19:04

You can move your installation folder to any place on your computer, even an external drive or USB stick of 64 GB

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ ) Empty Re: Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ )

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 16:11

Tarac wrote:You can move your installation folder to any place on your computer, even an external drive or USB stick of 64 GB
It is currently in my external drive, however, the problem still remains.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 17:42

Foxyboots wrote:
Tarac wrote:You can move your installation folder to any place on your computer, even an external drive or USB stick of 64 GB
It is currently in my external drive, however, the problem still remains.
Add the folder The Sims 4 on your external drive to the exceptions in your anti-virus.
Download the crack for City Living , extract with winrar and copy the folder Game over to the folder The Sims 4 on your external drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 18:57

It works! Very Happy Thank you!! (but the game isnt in english OTL i hope it will not affect my game if i try to change it?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 20:28

Foxyboots wrote:It works! Very Happy Thank you!! (but the game isnt in english OTL i hope it will not affect my game if i try to change it?)
The game is in Dutch, so it won't effect your games previously played.
These are in user\documents\electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and the Dutch game created a new folder De Sims 4.

Just open the folder RldOrigin.ini in your install folder with notepad
Change the language (now nl_NL) to the required language.
Save the file
Reboot your computer and your old games are back again.

Sims 4 - Origin not running? (not in C:\ ) Taal_1_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top