Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashes after installing City Living.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashes after installing City Living. Empty Crashes after installing City Living.

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 14:41

Okay so hi, first of all finally got around to making an account here as I visit this place 305849 times a day.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
My virtual handle is Juniper - Juni for short. I'd share my actual nickname but the rules are stating it's not allowed, so I won't do that ( don't want to get myself banned from the very first post now would I?). 
Anyways to keep this short and to the point - Up to the City Living expansion/patch/fix everything was a-okay. However, I just brought the game back after uninstalling it because I couldn't play it due to it not even turning on. Yesterday, when I returned it ( after reading ALL the instructions for the 30th time.) it took almost half an hour but it turned on - somehow. Now, today I was thinking it finally worked because previously I somehow missed the part about City Living having everything in it and not requiring a fix so I thought maybe the fact that I applied the fix after installing was the issue. So I didn't do that this time since as the instructions in CL said there was no need for it. 
Back to today - I  came home turned the laptop on - here I'll enter specs which are good enough for this game: 

RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 
Core: Intel Core i3 - 4030U ( 1.9 GHz, 3MB L3 cache ) 
500 GB HDD 

and as I was saying - I turned the laptop on and then when to the usual C - Program Files x86 and into the Sims 4 folder which I removed from the EA folder as you had suggested before in other posts and clicked on Sims 4 x64 exe. - and nothing. A black screen for a while and as soon as i clicked within it - not responding would show up on the window's bar above. I turned it off, searched over here a lot - removed the Sims 4 folder completely from Program Files x86 again as you all recommended and tried with both exe. files again - and again same result - nothing. 

I have read every thread on here and nobody seems to have my particular problem so this is why I am asking for help on my own. Indeed, there's others with crashes after installing City Living but from within the game - I don't even get in it to experience it in there. Also my laptop both C and E drives ( yeah I have an E instead of a D drive ) have sufficent space for this game. There's also no previous game files as I made sure that everything was removed and uninstalled before I reinstalled the game. I really don't understand the problem - also Windows Defender isn't doing any problems the files are all already on it's 'Exceptions' list so it's not deleted anything.  Also I should mention that I have no mods or cc whatsoever since I've dealt with issues regarding those before with Sims 3 and 2.

As I said if there was an answer to this and I've somehow missed it, I am sorry but maybe you could repeat it for me here and I'd be forever grateful. 
p.s. Now it occurred to me that I did a test to see if my laptop is compatible with the Sims 4 and I remember it saying something about some drivers being out of date and then when I tried to update them it said they were all up to date so that wasn't it either. I don't remember doing anything else and also that thing you keep mentioning in the Windows settings the D - something forgot the name at the moment that's also marked. 

I use a legit version of Windows 10 that's regularly updated automatically. 

I really hope you guys can help me as I've been following you for a few years now and all my Sims 3 & 4 content is from you. 

Thank you so much for reading this long request post I really hope you can help me!

~ Juni

#EDIT

Okay so, I thought I had turned the game off - well apparently no I didn't but it said 'Not Responding' as I previously stated right? Well just now I noticed the plumbob thingy on my taskbar and I was about to turn it off thinking it was the black screen still and I brought the window back up and I saw the game was on and working fine. So, now I wanna know what the heck happened? Why does it even take so long to turn on - it's not like my computer is overcrowded or overheated to slow it down - yes I read that post where you say not to put it on soft surfaces like a bed or a blanket or me and truthfully I've done all of the above sometimes, but currently its on my tea table....So bottom line wait a long while people it might turn itself on you never know - and no do not consider this post a topic closed because it's so not I really wanna know what's causing the lag aka the long wait for it to work out and sometimes it doesn't work out even it takes a few tries. So still help me.

Last edited by Juni✔ on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 14:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because somehow the game turned itself on help me I swear to God this is weird I'm even laughing.)

Back to top Go down

Crashes after installing City Living. Empty Re: Crashes after installing City Living.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:47

//SPLIT

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Juni✔️,

I separated your post and moved it into a new thread. Before you installed City Living, how long did the game take up to load? Was the loading time "normal"? How much free space exactly do you have left on C: and E: ? Did you also try defragmenting your hard-drive(s) ? Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Crashes after installing City Living. Empty Re: Crashes after installing City Living.

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:02

Okay hi, and thank you for taking time to reply to my huge post. 

Well, more than half of C was empty and since only the installation things are in E there's space there too. I keep everything I have like pictures and music mostly on E as well as installation files for things I use like Photoshop and such over there. 
On C it's only the installed things out of those installation files. 
As for the Sims 4 it was working fine without City Living, it did take a minute or two to completely turn on and yeah there was a 'Not Responding' moment when I'd leave the closet or like load to the neighborhood but it would bounce back to responding - it still does that so that's fine, only this has me really confused and I really do not want it to go on like this and then eventually stop responding. The game is currently on I haven't experienced in-game issues so far. 
Also what's defragmenting the hard drive? I'm tech-savvy but I'm not familiar with that bit. ( although I think I might know - is it something like splitting it up in smaller bits or something?)

Thank you,

~ Juni  Smile

Last edited by Juni✔ on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because typos :))

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:10

Have you also tried these tips here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

If you want to defragment your drives, click on This PC -> Local Disk C: and look for a button named "Optimize" at the top. Another window should come up and you can select your drive that you want to defragment. I suggest for now you only optimize the C: drive, by clicking "Optimize". This can now take a while to complete.

Do you play any other games on the computer, and if so, are they working fine? Also, what else are you using that computer for? Do you get lags when using other software too...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:18

Well, I use this computer for university work - like Word, Powerpoint....I also have editing software such as Adobe's Photoshop CS6, Premiere Pro & Wondershare Filmora - all of which are installed in C. I also have two other games - however both are online virtual worlds: Eden Eternal by Aeria Games - but that's just a launcher it doesn't take up much space & a Pokemon Beta thing which is like the old Nintendo games and that's not even installed it's just a exe. and it works like that. 
I also have Viber for Windows 10, Messenger for Windows 10 and Adobe Digital Editions - that's for E-books & Skype. I failed to mention I also have NOX  - App player - it's an emulator for Android for PC. 
All of these work perfectly fine. Also I've had other games like Monster High: New Ghoul In School and it's all worked perfectly. 
My laptop is Acer Aspire E 15 - forgot to mention that as well and it's fairly new just four years old. I got it for high school graduation. 
Anyways, all the software I'm using is working good. 
Also, should I turn the game off to try this defragmenting thing, I mean will it disrupt it if it stays turned on? 

~ Juni

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:21

If your game is on right now (and you seem to be having longer loading times), then you could play for a bit now. When you finished playing TS4, exit/close the game, and then do the defragmentation. Maybe it helps in your case, we'll see. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:22

Also, I know you said I shouldn't post multiple replies but I forgot to mention I've done everything from that tips guide a few times now. Nothing worked out. ( I don't think the Vertical Sync box is ticked in-game though - okay applied it now nvm ) Everything from that guide is as it says it should be so I really don't know what else I can do here. 

~ Juni

//EDIT

I shall try the defragmentation thing right now. I'm not playing at the moment I just left the game on out of fear that I might not be able to turn it on again later. So, let me try stay around if you can kind sir, I'll let you know what happens. ( I hope this won't mess my PC up )

//EDIT

Also I failed to mention yet another thing - I play browser - based games such as Ourworld. But that's never had or been an issue. Just thought I'd mention it, just in case. ( Also, a little bit off topic but when I play these things on Opera browser it crashes aka WebGL does. What does that mean?)

//EDIT

Also - oh my god sorry for so many mini replies but - I'm running the defragmenting thing right now and I've noticed it's automatically being done by the PC itself weekly. I just set the thing to daily instead, perhaps that'll do better.
It's still working right now so I'll just wait it out. Till then I promise no more replies lol

//EDIT

Okay so tried turning it on via the Sims 4 exe. ( not x64 ) and the black 'Not Responding' screen appeared and didn't go away. Now I'm trying with the x64 exe. and hoping it'll work. Currently the Sims 4 folder ( just it not the entire EA thing ) is out of Program Files x86 right under there - outside where the two Program Files and Windows folders are. 
Maybe the place it's at is wrong?  Shocked

Last edited by Juni✔ on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:02

Status update: I finished what you told me to do - and I started the game up again. It's started with the 'Not Responding' black screen as usual but I'll let it stay up perhaps it'll go away. It usually does. I still don't think it should be doing this though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:13

I'm posting this separately because I'm going to show you a picture of what's happening right now. Earlier I don't know how it turned itself on. It was on I mean but not responding and when I went for turning it off via close window i saw it was actually working. 
Now....Back to this: Crashes after installing City Living. Whai10

So yeah....I need help.

#EDIT

Okay so now it's working....What is even going on here?? 

Crashes after installing City Living. What10

Last edited by Juni✔ on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:14

Juni✔ wrote:Status update: I finished what you told me to do - and I started the game up again. It's started with the 'Not Responding' black screen as usual but I'll let it stay up perhaps it'll go away. It usually does. I still don't think it should be doing this though.

Is your Windows a 32-bit version? If yes, you should only use the TS4.exe, not the TS4_x64.exe. Are you doing that?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:19

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Juni✔ wrote:Status update: I finished what you told me to do - and I started the game up again. It's started with the 'Not Responding' black screen as usual but I'll let it stay up perhaps it'll go away. It usually does. I still don't think it should be doing this though.

Is your Windows a 32-bit version? If yes, you should only use the TS4.exe, not the TS4_x64.exe. Are you doing that?

Okay technically it would work with either one for me which is odd and what's even stranger is that I don't even know which type my Windows is. The Program Files folder would usually have that information in the folder's name but it has x86 instead so I'm thinking it is x32 bit. ( though i could be wrong )

#EDIT

Just saw my profile info on the right over here and it says my type of Windows ( x86 ) is actually x32 bits. So does it have to do with just waiting a while after all?

#EDIT

That's just it it won't work via just the exe. for me. Right now I turned it on via the x64 exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Mar 2017, 06:08

Juni✔️ wrote:That's just it it won't work via just the exe. for me. Right now I turned it on via the x64 exe.

And that is what I suspected. You cannot use 64-bit executables on a 32-bit operating system (Windows 10, in your cae). Why can't you use the TS4.exe, exactly?

Have you properly configured your anti-virus & Windows Defender exclusions? See this here too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-25-136-1020

P.S. the profile fields on the Forum contain information about what you yourself choose. Smile  By themselves, they don't tell you (yet) what your operating system is.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Mar 2017, 14:08

Hey the game turned itself on like a charm today. I turned it on via the exe. only. I still had to wait for a bit though and probably the 'Not Responding' thing showed up without me noticing because I have that window minimized to the taskbar right now. If something else happens I'll let you know. And about the exes sometimes they both won't turn on. I've had Sims 3 on this laptop before as well and it never was a problem ( unless I'd ran out of space then the glitching began but I'd know the reason was low storage space) - but here it's still bothering me. If something else happens I'll be sure to let you know Smile 

~ Juni

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Mar 2017, 03:08

Juni✔️ wrote:Hey the game turned itself on like a charm today. I turned it on via the exe. only. I still had to wait for a bit though and probably the 'Not Responding' thing showed up without me noticing because I have that window minimized to the taskbar right now. If something else happens I'll let you know. And about the exes sometimes they both won't turn on. I've had Sims 3 on this laptop before as well and it never was a problem ( unless I'd ran out of space then the glitching began but I'd know the reason was low storage space) - but here it's still bothering me. If something else happens I'll be sure to let you know Smile 

~ Juni

Is the game still working?  cat  clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 11:54

Hi - yes it's working good. Any news on when there'll be something new - literally anything? ( I'm really hoping for a way to have the toddlers here because let's face it they're adorable, I don't really want/need the Vampires thing ) And thanks so much for thinking of checking in Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top