Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode. Empty Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode.

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jun 2017, 17:39

Hey all, ever since I installed City Living, I can only play for 5-10 minutes or so at a time, because the game will crash when I enter "Plan Outfit" mode, during build mode after a few minutes, and every other time I travel. (I.e I can get them to a lot, but when they try to go back home, it crashes.) I currently have all the stuff and expansions that G4TW offers, as well as the latest patch.

I have all the minimum computer requirements, an excellent graphics card, 4 GB of RAM, however I run a 32-bit operating system, but I thought that that shouldn't be a problem. I've re-installed the game twice, removed all mods, I moved my The Sims 4 folder to Program Files (x86), and the whole shebang. I'm very frustrated, as the game worked perfectly until City Living. 

I would like some help, please! And thank you!

Back to top Go down

Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode. Empty Re: Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode.

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 15:50

Hi there,

Have you tried playing the game in windowed mode and see if it still does crash? If it does, check under Documents/The Sims 4 and see if you have any lastCrash/lastException_####. You can open that and (tediously) find the source of the crash. Else, zip them up and send them over to me via PM.

Back to top Go down

Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode. Empty Re: Ever since City Living, my games crashes on every other loading screen/buy mode.

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 22:18

I always play in Windowed mode, so it likely isn't that. I seem to have found a solution that works *so far* but I have to torture test it to find out. I right-clicked on the TS4.exe shortcut and selected "Properties" then "Compatibility" and then I selected for it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (which is my OS) and it seemed to do the trick for now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 22:40

Okay just kidding, it worked last night but for some reason does not work today. If anything, it crashes more. Now it crashes while saving so I can't actually do anything. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I tried to look at those last exception things and it was just miles and miles of symbols and I have no idea what I'm looking for...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 16:45

jlaray wrote:Okay just kidding, it worked last night but for some reason does not work today. If anything, it crashes more. Now it crashes while saving so I can't actually do anything. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I tried to look at those last exception things and it was just miles and miles of symbols and I have no idea what I'm looking for...
Ah, my next suggestion was to run troubleshooter but it seems it still does. Can you zip up your lastException for me and send them over PM? I'll take a look and try to find the source. Smile If you're unsure about PM, just click on the orange person icon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top