Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin error, did the best I could.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin error, did the best I could. Empty Origin error, did the best I could.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Mar 2017, 04:12

Okay so first I wanna point out I really did do everything I found on this issue but it just wont work.

I removed Origin completely first long time ago when I first tried to fix it.Nothing changed.
I recently missed the Sims4 so much I actually decided to give it another try although I spent hours on it and nothing helped.
I followed the steps.
Removed everything about sims or origin from my PC.
Disabled my AV completely.
Installed Sims 4 from G4TW.
Then copied files from Get To Work
Then Get Together
Then City Living
I placed it all under C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\
Ran it as admin,with 64bit since my computer is 64.
Added everything as exception in AV just in case.
And I reapplied the crack from City living just in case,5 items.
AND IT STILL POPS UP THE ERROR.
I really have no idea what to do next and the most frustrating thing is i really spend a lot of time trying to make it budge a bit,but nothing.
Help please.

And I tried starting from Program Files and Program Filesx86 both 32 bit and 64 bit.
And,as i said,I also removed everything from Documents-everything related to Sims from my computer.

http://prntscr.com/eivq7l

I keep editing this as I remember something I've done but left out.

Back to top Go down

Origin error, did the best I could. Empty Re: Origin error, did the best I could.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:28

Cydonia wrote:Disabled my AV completely.

Hello again,

What is your anti-virus program exactly? Sometimes just "disabling" programs doesn't work, because some programs refuse such user input. Do you have Lavasoft's "Web Companion"? If so, you should uninstall it. As for your other programs, it depends on what they are...

Also, you have tried running both the TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe, right?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Origin error, did the best I could. Empty Re: Origin error, did the best I could.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Mar 2017, 23:08

I have Avast antivirus.Should i try uninstalling that too?

Yes,both of them from both program files86 and program files.And it wont start from either.
It just opens up a black screen and shuts it down with the error I posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:31

You said that you had the Sims-4 installed earlier and then removed it.
Question is "How did you remove it ?"
If just by deleting the files/folders, good chance that the entry in the register is still present and points to a different location on your HDD.

When I use Revo Uninstaller I have 4 entries for the Sims 4
Origin error, did the best I could. Sims4-register

In my case that's logical as they all are different versions of the game (Original and pirated).
When you see more than 1 entry, remove them all and install the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 17:40

I can try that than Ill update you on the subject.I actually uninstalled via control panel program uninstall and removed the extra folders by hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 19:39

I uninstalled The Sims 4 with Revo,had only 1 entry,and cleaned my PC with a CCleaner.
My Avast was disabled.
Then I installed The sims 4 from G4TW again.
Then I moved them into Program Files86x.
Then I copied files from Get to Work to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Then I copied files from Get together to the same path.
Then from City Living to the same path.
Then I applied TS4_No_Origin.rar just in case.I downloaded it from this site.
Then,from C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 I ran TS4.exe and TS4_64x.exe as admin.It didnt work.
Then I moved it to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4 and I ran it both again as admin and it didnt work.The same Origin error as above.
What the actual ***...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 20:28

Cydonia wrote:...
Then I moved them into Program Files86x.

Hi,
When you install Sims 4 it is supposed to automatically go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\. Then you move it to C:\Program Files (86x)\The Sims 4.

Where was the original install folder location?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 21:21

The original destination was that which you stated,but I saw a lot of ppl suggesting to move it directly into program files,away from electronic arts folder.I tried to run it from there too,no luck.

I also tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 from both TS4x64 and TS4 from Program Files86x and Program Files and from Program files86x/Electronic arts.Nothing.Still Origin error.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:02

Cydonia wrote:The original destination was that which you stated,but I saw a lot of ppl suggesting to move it directly into program files,away from electronic arts folder.I tried to run it from there too,no luck.

I also tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 from both TS4x64 and TS4 from Program Files86x and Program Files and from Program files86x/Electronic arts.Nothing.Still Origin error.

Feel free to check out the chatbox on top of the Forum's main page regularly. If you see me online there, feel free to join the chatbox. I'll be trying to look into that, through TeamViewer, if you agree of course. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Mar 2017, 05:16

Okay,I fixed the problem.I had Lavasoft installed long time ago and it was removed so the program list didnt show it as still existing on the computer BUT there were some remains in the registry.I had to dig them up and delete everything associated with Lavasoft,download 2 registry files from net since they got corrupt because of the manual removal of Lavasoft registry entries and other programs like Torrent did not work and eventually my windows needed reconfiguration but now it finally WORKS.Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top