Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin not running error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin not running error Empty Origin not running error

Post by Guest Wed 29 Mar 2017, 23:14

Okay so I've used games4theworld's sims 4 games all the time without a problem, until now

It took a while for me to get it to work on windows 8 but I did and all was well. Then a week ago I went to play it after a hiatus, and it refuses to open.

Origin not running error Captur10
I keep getting this error?

I've tried everything, searched the forms and even went deep into my computer to wipe out any files I don't need but nothing seems to work.

I would have used the fix but it's crossed out? 
I'm on windows 8, 64-bit

Back to top Go down

Origin not running error Empty Re: Origin not running error

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 03:04

This happened to me, and the Ultimate fix did not work here's what I did, and I recommend for you to do:

*Delete all of the sims 4 installation.
*Once you've done that make sure Origin is not running, and turn off your anti-virus during this time
*Install the base Sims 4 game, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION GUIDE
*Install Get to Work, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION GUIDE
*At this point since you'll be installing Get Together, it will tell you to move the installation file to Programx86, but since you have a 64-bit computer  you want to move the installation to program files, then install Get Together, again FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
*Install City Living, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

Now that everything is installed, you should be able to run the game. You want to run this by opening up TS4_x64 you may get a pop-up stating you need to be an administrator if it's your first time opening up this game since Origin isn't running (something like that) but the game will run as normal.

This may seem obvious and tedious, but I had this exact same problem, and using the ultimate fix did not help.  I just followed this forum here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Everything works as normal now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:14

WickedChibi wrote:Okay so I've used games4theworld's sims 4 games all the time without a problem, until now

It took a while for me to get it to work on windows 8 but I did and all was well. Then a week ago I went to play it after a hiatus, and it refuses to open.
I keep getting this error?

I've tried everything, searched the forms and even went deep into my computer to wipe out any files I don't need but nothing seems to work.

I would have used the fix but it's crossed out? 
I'm on windows 8, 64-bit
First of all: Do not use the fix.
As you played the game before (most probably via the 32-bits shortcut on your desktop), your AV has disabled the crack. Start the game with TS4_x64. exe from your install folder\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.

In general the Origin-error is caused by:

1. Origin is active somewhere on your computer
Origin not running error Originikon_orig
Check the taskbar and close Origin

2. Your install-folder is within a folder Electronic Arts or Oigin or Origin Games.
Simply move the folder The Sims 4 to Program Files and make a new shortcut.

3. You start the game with a shortcut of the 32-bits instead of TS4_x64.exe.

4. The Anti-virus has disabled the crack. This applies to 32-bits only.

Origin not running error Crack-city-living_orig
Above you see the files for the crack. (folder The Sims 4 - Game - Bin)
RldOrigin.dll is often seen by AV programs as a virus and it will place this file in quarantaine.
TS4.exe requires this file to circumvent connection to Origin.
TS4_x64.exe uses RldOrigin_x64.dll which is not treated as a virus by your AV. So when you have 64-bits Windows, use this file to start your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Mar 2017, 03:20

I've tried both of these options, thank you for your help but it still didn't work. Maybe I'll just have to be patient and wait for the fix?

Thing is it works perfectly on an old windows 7 computer, just windows 8.1 giving me trouble.

Gonna start searching my computer again to make sure Origin's not there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top