Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Empty The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 12:26

I'm honestly at my wits end, and pretty much don't know what else to do. I've searched pretty much every forum on this site. 

I've downloaded the base game sims 3. Yes, from games4theworld--successfully. Then I downloaded the expansion pack World Adventures without any problems. Yet, when I try installing any other packs from the complete collection it keeps giving me:

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

...which I have. From here.  Facepalm

Before anyone asks, yes I've uninstalled and installed the base game, and applied the manual patch. I didn't skips any steps from How to install The Sims 3 Correctly.

Sorry I'm being really specific here, but I'm honestly really desperate to find an answer/solution here. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Empty Re: The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 14:54

UPDATE: In my Sims 3 game launcher I now get a message whenever I try to launch the game saying:

No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 World Adventures game disc before proceeding. 

... Help Help

Back to top Go down

The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Empty Re: The product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jan 2016, 15:14

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. 
That at least tells me that your base game is in fact installed properly,  and it should work.
That particular problem can be fixed by correctly copying the crack to the right location. If you can actually play after that, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install the other expansionpacks.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 15:32

I'll try installing the crack, and see if it works! Thanks.

Update: I put the crack in the right location and it worked! I can successfully launch the game now, thanks  Smile

Although...still no dice on the other error. I still keep getting "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

I have no idea how to fix this, even though I was able to install World Adventure from the Complete Collection files...Any ideas on how this could have happened?

Last edited by Lumos2804 on Tue 26 Jan 2016, 15:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jan 2016, 16:39

Hello,

I'm at a loss to be honest, but I'll find out if there's a topic about this.
Can you run the setup as administrator? To do this, right click on the setup and find the option in the drop down menu.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 17:13

Okay, thanks for the effort. And I've tried to run as admin, but that didn't work either.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jan 2016, 18:49

Hello,

Ok, that's unfortunate. Have you tried different packs?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 18:52

Yes, I tried the different packs. 

When I was running CCleaner I saw in my registry that there was a 'Application Paths Issue' and a 'Missing MUI Reference'. These two problems keep showing up on the registry whenever I try to run the Sims3EP02Setup. 

...Could this be the problem preventing me from running the expansion packs? If so, what does it exactly mean? BTW, sorry for spamming this forum with questions--I just really want to get this fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jan 2016, 18:56

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the cause. But I'm not the right person to help with that, I'll relay your topic to one of my teammates.

Don't worry about "spamming" us, this is what we're here for Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 19:00

Haha, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 00:54

Any solutions to this problem still?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jan 2016, 02:34

Lumos2804 wrote:Any solutions to this problem still?

Hello @Lumos2804,

If I were to make a guess, I'm almost sure the error is caused by not properly uninstalled Sims 3 games. Maybe you made a mistake the first time when you encountered the error and tried uninstalling/re-installing the game. Or maybe you had the games installed in the past, and then they weren't removed properly.

I have written a post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Which deals with manually removing file, folder and registry entries of the game. Please take your time and have a good look at it. Once you are finished, please re-boot the computer. Always re-boot, after uninstalling something. That is what most people overlook.

And after the re-boot try starting over with the installation of base game, manual patch, expansions, etc. Also, make sure to use WinRAR for extracting the .RAR download files. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 07:29

You. Are. Awesome. 

It took some time I admit, but so worth it. Thanks so much! I'm able to download other packages now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Jan 2016, 01:27

Lumos2804 wrote:You. Are. Awesome. 

It took some time I admit, but so worth it. Thanks so much! I'm able to download other packages now.

Nice to hear, and take your time. Smile

One of the disadvantages of Windows OS is the (little-known) fact that you need to be extremely careful when un-installing programs. For example, it's always recommended to re-boot the computer after uninstalling something. But in general, once a program has been properly installed, you should not remove it, unless you know how to do it, and you are absolutely sure you don't want or need it anymore.

Tea 5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top