Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 00:15

I just found this website while trying to figure out how to get Sims 3 working. I've had the base game for a while, but a friend send me most of the expansions a few months back and now I want to play and just can't get it working. Been trying for the last few days and still nothing until I started following your instructions. I even tried using your version of the base game, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

As of right now, I have:
Base game from Games4theworld
Pets from Games4theworld
the fix that was updated 12-18-11
World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff all from my friend (with serial keys she sent too)

I also have Generations from her, but I don't have it installed.

My last few attempts have resulted in the game loading fine, create a character fine, choose a starting house fine, load into that and go into buy or build mode. This part is important, I do NOT CRASH as soon as I enter Buy or Build mode. I ONLY CRASH when I try to place an item that I've chosen, or build anything. I read somewhere that disconnecting from the internet may help if you're crashing immediately upon entering Build/Buy mode, so I tried that, and not surprisingly it didn't help.

The .pdf instructions in the latest fix you provide are a bit confusing. My most recent attempt at this was installing Sims 3 + download manager; install Pets (and update when prompted to by the installer); install all other expansions listed except Generations (never prompted for update again) with the serials my friend sent me. Applied absolutely no other cracks except the Pets/Generations/TownLifeStuff one in the ultimate fix's #crack folder (and replaced the right files in the base game's bin folder) and it is still crashing when I place an item in Buy mode.

I ALSO tried updating via launcher in Sims 3\Game\Bin folder. It's no longer locking up completely (guessing because I finally let it install Origin). It downloaded the patch and installed it, and at the end of the installation, it said a file was not found or something. Still tried launching the game, and a window popped up saying "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3." The update in the launcher was trying to update to 1.2.6something and it errored. I click Continue, and everything works fine until I try to place an item or build something, like before.

Am I just doing something wrong here? Could really use some help, my boyfriend and I have tried everything we can possibly think of =/

Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Dec 2011, 00:45

Hello,
How about mods/cc, are you using any at all?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crash when placing item.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 01:09

Nope, I don't have any mods or cc for Sims 3 (or Sims 2, for that matter, since it's also installed on this comp)

Edit: Let me add that Sims 3 used to work on my computer, when one of the first cracks came out. That was almost 3 years (and a couple reformats) ago though, but my computer does meet whatever minimum requirements there are (if, by some crazy chance, it could be that)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Dec 2011, 01:47

Hello,
Does that include the changed requirements for Pets?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 01:52

Just checked, and I meet or exceed the minimums for Pets

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Dec 2011, 02:02

Hello,
What about the instructions did you think are confusing?
Did you manage to update to 1.29? If not, you could try updating manually, read this. If your game version is ok, try these for your crashing problem.
I'll be offline after sending this message since its way past midnight on my end and I really should get some sleep, but please try these and let us know the result. I'm back here in the morning.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 02:17

I just guess it would make more sense if I already had a working copy of the game that stopped working. It took a few tries to realize that, with fresh installs, I didn't need to do anything but the last few steps. Either way, I'm downloading the manual patch right now, and if it doesn't work immediately, will uninstall everything and try manual patching before cracking after everything installs. Will update in a couple hours.

//EDIT

IT WORKS!!!

All it needed was to be patched, and that manual one you linked me worked without any error. I did have to apply the Pets/Generations/TownLifeStuff crack again after it patched, because it was asking for a disc. Other than that, it's working great, just played for a few hours

Thanks so much, hope this experience can help someone else, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:32

Hello,
That's great news! Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1
And if you ever have any problems, don't hesitate to post.
For now: problems solved, topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top