Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up. Empty The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up.

Post by Guest Wed 03 May 2017, 22:44

hi, thank you for all your work!
as the title, I installed all the expansions but they are not available in game. 
The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up. Istant10
I read every post related and normally you say it is a firewall-antivirus problem, but I have linux, I play sims 4 on wine, so there is any antivirus/firewall/defender at all.
I know that you dont give support for linux, but this drive me crazy, because everything goes fine except the expansions content.
I tried download and reinstall the game from scratch multiple times according to your guide, I moved the installation folder on different locations, I tried with and without ultimate fix, I tried to install origin and than to erase it... I read the guide for mac and wineskin... nothing worked.
can somebody help me? thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up. Empty Re: The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up.

Post by Guest Thu 04 May 2017, 07:13

I was having this issue yesterday here's my thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29743-the-sims-4-unable-to-start-origin-error-some-dlcs-not-showing-up-solved?nid=1#172351

The solution that worked for me was cutting ''only'' The Sims 4 folder under the Electronic Arts folder, and paste it to Program Files(x86) (or where did you installed game) and see if it works for you too.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up. Empty Re: The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up.

Post by Guest Thu 04 May 2017, 08:50

yes, I did it, it didn't work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Aug 2017, 16:19

I found a short-term solution, as I play TS4 on Linux too:
1.winecfg
2.Change the windows version to any version that you haven't used yet
3.Run The Sims
But the problem is that you can run out of versions to use, so you can only play a few times before it stops working No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Aug 2017, 17:51

Have you by any chance installed the Ultimate fix? That one returns your game to base game only. You will have to install again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 00:52

Well, I seem to be unable to download the ultimate fix, because the links won't work.
The Sims 4 expansion packs not showing up. Screen10
Thank you, and I appreciate your help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 09:49

Never ever download ANY ultimate fix. That will reverse your game to base game only. I am talking about the fix which was especially created for the people who want to play the base game only but patched up. With NO Dlc's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 16:13

Why do we need it to be patched up without DLC when the point is to get the DLC working? I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 16:22

lolface299 wrote:Why do we need it to be patched up without DLC when the point is to get the DLC working? I is confused
People with slow internet and/or limited diskspace.
But, quite frankly, I've never seen the benefit of it.
Yes, people with slow internet complained and wanted to update their base game to the latest version. Why ?? To be able to download CC !!!

A 100% contradiction !!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Aug 2017, 16:55

lolface299 wrote:Why do we need it to be patched up without DLC when the point is to get the DLC working? I is confused

Nobody said you have to use the Ultimate fix (or maybe you misunderstood something in @Loonieloose's post?). And yes, there are people who just want to play with the base game patch, and no DLC. For example, people with a slow internet and/or weaker computers. For these people, there is the so-called "Update-Only Ultimate Fix". It's true though that the vast majority of users want the entire DLC pack anyhow. Which leads me to the next point.

You should also check the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

This is the main guide people are supposed to be using - and the Ultimate fix is not mentioned on there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 17:15

Thank you, I will try it and give updates as I go on. Smile

Last edited by lolface299 on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 17:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad wording)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 21:36

I am unable to install The Sims 4 with the link you provided, as it just freezes at copying files and crashes. Help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Aug 2017, 23:20

lolface299 wrote:I am unable to install The Sims 4 with the link you provided, as it just freezes at copying files and crashes. Help

Since your problem has become entirely different from the OP's, please open a new topic for your concerns.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 00:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
lolface299 wrote:I am unable to install The Sims 4 with the link you provided, as it just freezes at copying files and crashes. Help

Since your problem has become entirely different from the OP's, please open a new topic for your concerns.

Done: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31478-sims-4-installer-crashes-on-linuxwine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top