Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game. Empty Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game.

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:32

Hi,
So i've installed the Sims 4 Base pack, this works fine. I've then started to install the expansion packs, I did the first one, get to work and it wouldn't load in the game. Installs fine and I have no error codes but it just doesn't exist basically when I go to play. I feel like I've followed all instructions perfectly. Is there anything completely obvious I'm missing?

I've downloaded, installed on U Torrent, copied to the Sims 4 folder I made for the base pack, replaced the files that needed replacing and then went to play.

I'm spending so much time trying to do this I'd really appreciate some help Why.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game. Empty Re: Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game.

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:09

I hope you did not apply the "ultimate fix" because that fix destroys all DLC's

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game. Empty Re: Sims 4 expansion packs not showing in game.

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:17

totalsims wrote:I hope you did not apply the "ultimate fix" because that fix destroys all DLC's
 what is that? I haven't even noticed that? DedicatedToLorilihim
As you may notice I'm not that smart when it comes to computers etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 20:27

That fix is found here  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31648-ts4-update-only-fix-1-33-38-1020-out-now#

DO.NOT.USE.IT!!!!!!!!!

Remember, this is only for people who have a slow internet (and cannot easily download the main DLC for the game) and/or slower computers. If you want to install DLC for The Sims 4, DO NOT USE THIS THING. Instead, please follow the guide here instead:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 20:36

I do not think you did that. Did you extract the files from the .Rar file and then copy / pasted them into your Program Files (x86) the sims 4? Did you MOVE the sims 4 File out of the electronic Arts folder in Program files? Did you run the game as Administrator?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 20:40

Loonieloose wrote:I do not think you did that. Did you extract the files from the .Rar file and then copy / pasted them into your Program Files (x86) the sims 4? Did you MOVE the sims 4 File out of the electronic Arts folder in Program files? Did you run the game as Administrator?

Okay.. so as I mentioned above, I'm not the most computer wise, turned out I was forgetting to paste into (x86) and was putting straight into my own folder Oh my... all fixed and now onto the final expansion pack... was just having a funny 5 mins.

Thanks anyway!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 20:59

Glad you figured it out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:23

Hi @lanaraex

Do you have any other problems/bugs in-game? Any further question before I close the topic?  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:29

Ageha wrote:Hi @lanaraex

Do you have any other problems/bugs in-game? Any further question before I close the topic?  Smile
Actually, yes i do DedicatedToLorilihim
I download everything fine and keep checking game inbetween and all is going in UNTIL I do the Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling stuff, as soon as this is downloaded I then get the 'Sims 4 has stopped working' and it closes down everytime I go to run the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:33

lanaraex wrote:Actually, yes i do DedicatedToLorilihim
I download everything fine and keep checking game inbetween and all is going in UNTIL I do the Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling stuff, as soon as this is downloaded I then get the 'Sims 4 has stopped working' and it closes down everytime I go to run the game.
Hey,

I saw that you're actually installing your last expansion pack and if you're following the version, it should be Tot's stuff or by DLC, Parenthood. So currently your game is up till Vampire only? Have you tried running the game in windowed mode as well as running a compatibility troubleshooter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:36

Ageha wrote:
lanaraex wrote:Actually, yes i do DedicatedToLorilihim
Hey,

I saw that you're actually installing your last expansion pack and if you're following the version, it should be Tot's stuff or by DLC, Parenthood. So currently your game is up till Vampire only? Have you tried running the game in windowed mode as well as running a compatibility troubleshooter?
I downloaded them all yesterday when I was messing it up and getting them all in the wrong place but as I downloaded them and had the rar files on my utorrent, I've just been going through the process of moving them to the right places.
I've moved them 1 by 1 (as well as the same order i dowloaded in) in the order told in the instructions. But I'm facing my error when I get to the vampires pack etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:40

I see. 

It might be possible that some stuffs were misplaced during the installation. if you want to ignore the crash at the moment, you can update to Parenthood and see if the same it still crashes. Remember to delete the Game folder before updating. 

Other than that, make sure that your drivers are up-to-date as well. And it's best to test the game with a fresh Sims 4 folder in Documents.

Alternately, you can read this guide here on possible solutions to crashes -> Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top