Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using vampires & toddlers from ZLOrigin & all the other DLC's from GFTW -- TS4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using vampires & toddlers from ZLOrigin & all the other DLC's from GFTW -- TS4 Empty Using vampires & toddlers from ZLOrigin & all the other DLC's from GFTW -- TS4

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 14:59

Hi there. I found recently that there is a way to get Vampires & Toddlers from ZLOrigin. I have all the other DLC's from GFTW. Now I was wondering if I could just download the base game & vampires from ZLOrigin and paste them in my existing Sims folder that contains all the other DLC's from GFTW, so I don't have to download all the other DLC's all over again. Will it work?
Also ZLOrigin is a hassle. The severs went down a couple of times yesterday while I was downloading, I know this is free and everyone is trying to get their hand on the latest and greatest, but come on. I did manage to download the base game tho, but when I try to launch, it says that Origin is not running, but obviously is running. 
Waiting for a reply, have a great day !

Last edited by justmilovan on Sat 13 May 2017, 15:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Using vampires & toddlers from ZLOrigin & all the other DLC's from GFTW -- TS4 Empty Re: Using vampires & toddlers from ZLOrigin & all the other DLC's from GFTW -- TS4

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 16:58

No, for ZLOrigin you need a whole new base game that includes toddlers.
So when you decide to let ZLOrigin override your existing G4TW files, you're stuck to ZLOrigin from then on.
Just install the complete ZLOrigin downloads in a different directory

In ZLOrigin click on the word Origin (left-top)
Applications settings
Advanced
Create a new donwloadfolder by clicking on change under "Your games will be installed to the following location".

Now you can play the old G4TW games next to the complete ZLOrigin games.
Beware of the "newer version - update via Origin" problem.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top