Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Store/Expansions Help MAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Store/Expansions Help MAC Empty Sims Store/Expansions Help MAC

Post by Guest Mon 15 May 2017, 01:43

Hi so I recently used this site to download the set of store items and a few expansion packs that I didn't have. However, I get an error that says Unable to start game - service initialization failed. I know a lot of people have gotten this error before but my situation seems a little different.

I have the base game from Origin. Do the G4TW expansion packs only work from the G4TW base game?

Also, when I try to open Sims 3 from my desktop it offers to patch it which I always cancel and then open from the Finder/Applications. Should I patch it

Is there anything I can do to fix it now or do I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again?

Thanks for any help!

Back to top Go down

Sims Store/Expansions Help MAC Empty Re: Sims Store/Expansions Help MAC

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 24 May 2017, 22:58

//Topic moved.

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum.
I've moved your question to the Mac section. You should know that we don't officially provide Mac support, because our team are all PC users, but we're happy to try.

Having said that, can you be more specific about the Service Initialization Error? Those come with a string of letters and numbers, and the specific error code will determine what we're going to have to try to fix it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)