Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires Empty My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 00:44

Hi, I'm not meaning to cause alarm or anything, but I would just like to let the admins know that their official repack might contain a Trojan that was picked up (file name exactly is RldOrigin_ext.dll).  The file was detected as being a HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic. It was located at The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020\The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020\Game\Bin\RldOrigin_ext.dll

Hope the admins notice this and check as I've always trusted G4TW that they never have malware

Back to top Go down

My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires Empty Re: My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 03:46

Same here. I use avira antivirus and it caught something in the game/bin location in the vampire+toddlers update of a TR/Agent.xxxxx

When looking up the specifics of what this malware/virus does, it is a trojan horse variant kind of virus. The ending after "agent" can be a different combinations of letters and numbers. Like for instance, mine was listed as a "TR/Agent.kvryg" these are essentially trojan horse kinds of viruses but are slightly changed or modified for whatever. This could potentially lead to corrupted hard drives, bad files, messing with the operation system and can even create a backdoor for hackers or others to peek inside your computer, see what you do, see what you type and other things like steal your password or credit card numbers. 

Avira specified that the file that contained this virus is "rldorigin_ext.dll" 

Please be aware of this when you unzip, to delete or quarentine (or neatrulize) this virus specifically by going through your anti-virus and pointing out this file to the software, before it can do harm. The file seems to have tried to activate or do something twice already on my computer but my antivirus blocked any access from doing anything.

Back to top Go down

My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires Empty Re: My Antivirus Picked up a Trojan in the latest fix with toddlers and vampires

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 11:39

Yes, that's the same file I had issue with, and Kaspersky was set up to auto delete files identified as malware. However, that's now left me with the issue that the game does not open without trying to start Origin first.  I'm wondering if this was set up by EA to automatically render any cracked game as unplayable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 16:47

Same here. A trojan was detected on both, the Sims 4 Vampires and Toddlers DLC, and the downloaded solution (New Game file) for the never ending household loading screens. If there's a way to fix it, please let us know...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 20:33

Well, I have used the fix, no problems. You have to exempt your downloads file. I have done a scan afterwards, no problems. Which Antivirus are you guys using. 100 of people are using these Files without a Trojan appearing. So maybe its a false negative? As has been mentioned on numerous occasions.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 00:52

I downloaded the fix too and had no issue, I allowed my antivirus to auto remove the Trojan file and then proceeded to install all the updates (DLC and Fix).  The only thing I needed to do after was switch the shortcut from TS4.exe to TS4_x64.exe and now its working fine for me, Ive been playing non-stop and never had an issue with loading screens etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 01:33

I have the same problem and I use Avira. I was able to unzip the file, install all updates, and even play the game  when I turned off my anti-virus, but it left me feeling vulnerable. Note that I already have placed a ton of folders on Avira's exceptions list, but it really does keep picking up RldOrigin_ext.dll every time I turn the anti-virus back on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 09:44

That is a false positive.

Did you do all this?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#

I have a lot of exceptions as well and am running the Game since i signed up her at G4TW without a problem. Or viruses or trojans or other dangerous stuff entering my laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 14:54

Loonieloose wrote:That is a false positive.

Did you do all this?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#

I have a lot of exceptions as well and am running the Game since i signed up her at G4TW without a problem. Or viruses or trojans or other dangerous stuff entering my laptop.

I have. Right now the only solution for me is to suspend Avira temporarily so I can restore the .dll file and play the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 18:15

As far as I know that is the file that prevents origin from opening up. Dll is also a file used for viruses but in pirated games, it is used to block something like origin that will prevent you running the game.
Norton deletes it every now and again then origin starts up and the game won't run so I have to restore it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top