Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED] Empty HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:08

Hi I've been having the same problem with my Sims 3 Pets game for a week now. I can play for around half an hour or so and then the game freezes, goes black and a pop-up appears saying Sims 3 has stopped working. I don't have discs for any of the games, but have installed the Base game, Fast Lane Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Late Night and Pets.

I've been through lots of posts on this site and tried various suggestions but nothing has worked. First, I applied the Ultimate Fix and used the crack for the base game and Pets included in the file. This didn't work. I then tried this solution:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-22-12-2011

The first Point deleted my save files, so I turned the compatibility mode back off. I added all .exe files to the DEP (except some of the Launchers as Windows wouldn't let me). My video card did not have the option to turn the vertical sync off, it just said on or Application Settings (the default) and my laptop meets the minimum system requirements.

Oh and I manually updated the game and crack with the 1.29 patch.

I'm totally stumped on how to fix this now without uninstalling everything and starting again, which I really don't want to have to do, unless there's a way to guarantee backing up the saved games?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 4 processor or equivalent
You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

CPU Speed
Minimum: For XP 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor or equivalent; For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 processor or equivalent
You Have: 2.3 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.45 GHz

RAM
Minimum: For XP 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista and Windows 7 1.5 GB RAM
You Have: 4.5 GB

OS
Minimum: XP SP2 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 [Nvidia GeForce 6 series or better (GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported), and all NVidia G, GT, GTS, and GTX video cards. ATI Radeon™ series card 9500 series or better, and all ATI X, X1, and HD video cards; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series]
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 1.3 GB
Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0

Free Disk Space
Minimum: At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
You Have: 80.4 GB

Back to top Go down

HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED] Empty Re: HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:30

Hello,

Yes, you can backup your savegames here: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\saves

Do you have any Mods and/or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED] Empty Re: HELP Sims 3 Pets HAS STOPPED WORKING error.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:32

Oh thanks, didn't know if I had to export them or something. I'll back everything up now!

Nope, no mods or cc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:35

gjenkins1 wrote:Oh thanks, didn't know if I had to export them or something. I'll back everything up now!

Nope, no mods or cc.
Hello,

When you open your launcher, hover your mouse over the base game's icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. What version does it show?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 21:59

Hi

It's 1.29.55.01417

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 02 Jan 2012, 22:01

gjenkins1 wrote:Hi

It's 1.29.55.01417
Hello,

That's weird. Are you 100% sure you added the .exe files from ALL the expansions folders, exactly as shown in the instructions video?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 22:09

Yeah added them all, and made sure I used the updated crack for the TS3W file as well.. It seems reinstalling is probably my only option..

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 02 Jan 2012, 22:17

Hello,

Try it for now and let me know the result.
Don't forget to restart your PC after uninstalling everything and before re-installing.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 21:40

Hi,

I've reinstalled everything, then started playing today and about half an hour in received the same "Sims 3 has stopped working" message. I restarted and tried again, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:12

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online.
I'll see what I can do for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:11

Thanks for your help yesterday, seems like it's running ok! I must have missed one of the .exe files for DEP.

Cheers!

Mod edit: Problem solved, thanks to Admin! Topic closed.
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top