Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite loading screens fix not downloading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite loading screens fix not downloading Empty Infinite loading screens fix not downloading

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 16:00

so, i downloaded and installed all the G4TW files properly, and i am trying to download the temporary fix for the infinite loading screen but the file wont open, and my a.v keeps deleting it due to a virus it contains,trojan. is there anyway around this!?

Back to top Go down

Infinite loading screens fix not downloading Empty Re: Infinite loading screens fix not downloading

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 18:22

babybre_19 wrote:so, i downloaded and installed all the G4TW files properly, and i am trying to download the temporary fix for the infinite loading screen but the file wont open, and my a.v keeps deleting it due to a virus it contains,trojan. is there anyway around this!?
 Hi! Perhaps you could add the downloads folder (or wherever you saved it to) to your exclusion list. It's false positive as you know, so if that still won't work, you can try turning off the anti-virus and download + pasting everything and then turn it on again. Though only do so if you're comfortable with turning off the a.v/windows defender.   Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Infinite loading screens fix not downloading Empty Re: Infinite loading screens fix not downloading

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 00:14

I got around this by extracting the folder to the desktop then adding that folder to the exceptions list on my AV, but mine is AVG. Also had the folder for my Sims 4 from G4tW also listed as an exception. Its an irritating error but that was my workaround. Also as @Ageha stated above, you could disable the av and windows defender and move it that way.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top