Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 not working error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not working error Empty Sims 4 not working error

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 05:41

I was having numerous errors with the new update so I just reinstalled everything. Now whenever I try to start the game it starts up for like two seconds then the "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error comes up. I took out my mods, the files are not being blocked by Avast or McAfee or anything like that, I deleted the GameVersion.txt, and it's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not working error Empty Re: Sims 4 not working error

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 09:34

run a completely new game! Name the files in Documents/electronic Arts to The Sims 4 _old and start again. might help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 14:30

ashb910 wrote:I was having numerous errors with the new update so I just reinstalled everything. Now whenever I try to start the game it starts up for like two seconds then the "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error comes up. I took out my mods, the files are not being blocked by Avast or McAfee or anything like that, I deleted the GameVersion.txt, and it's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I found this at the sims 4 forum so I'm not sure if it's gonna help but, do you have lastCrashe.txt and lastException.txt inside your Documents/Sims 4 folder. If you do, delete that and try to see if it works. If not, I'd advise moving out the mods and see if you can load your game. Otherwise, you need to look at your pc specs and see if it meets the requirement to play the game. Do keep us updated! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 17:54

Loonieloose wrote:run a completely new game! Name the files in Documents/electronic Arts to The Sims 4 _old and start again. might help.
Hi! I tried that but I'm still getting the same message. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 17:57

Ageha wrote:
ashb910 wrote:I was having numerous errors with the new update so I just reinstalled everything. Now whenever I try to start the game it starts up for like two seconds then the "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error comes up. I took out my mods, the files are not being blocked by Avast or McAfee or anything like that, I deleted the GameVersion.txt, and it's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I found this at the sims 4 forum so I'm not sure if it's gonna help but, do you have lastCrashe.txt and lastException.txt inside your Documents/Sims 4 folder. If you do, delete that and try to see if it works. If not, I'd advise moving out the mods and see if you can load your game. Otherwise, you need to look at your pc specs and see if it meets the requirement to play the game. Do keep us updated! Very Happy
Hi! So I did have the lastCrash.txt and the lastException.txt. I removed them and still got the same error. I have already taken out all of my mods so I don't think that's what's causing the problem. I have 8 GB of ram on my pc and I've played all of the Sims 3 and Sims 4 games thus far without any issues. Do you think I should re-download everything again? Or is there another solution?
Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 19:07

ashb910 wrote:Hi! So I did have the lastCrash.txt and the lastException.txt. I removed them and still got the same error. I have already taken out all of my mods so I don't think that's what's causing the problem. I have 8 GB of ram on my pc and I've played all of the Sims 3 and Sims 4 games thus far without any issues. Do you think I should re-download everything again? Or is there another solution?
Thanks! Smile

Why God. Unfortunately, I do not have any known 'solution' at the moment. The final thing that I suggest would be:

• Check to see if your graphics driver are updated and update it if it's not.
  • I saw this posted on another forum somewhere so you might give it a try; 
    Just an addition to help with crashing issues. User this on windows AFTER crashing occurs to check whatever is causing the crash. It help to detect the original cause of the crash

Start -> type "Reliability" -> View Reliability History -> Find Crash -> Right Click -> View Technical Details

If the line Fault Module Name says something like this

Fault Module Name:    MSVCR120.dll
    Fault Module Version:    12.0.21005.1

It is a common vcredist issue and all you need is to reinstall them all until you no longer have crash.

• Try running the game in windowed mode. 

If all else fails, I'm truly sorry. If your internet is on the good speed however AND you're still patient enough to try re-installing, you can also try Tarac's version of the ZLOrigin Client.

PS: If anyone (i saw a couple with this problem) managed to get theirs working do keep us updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top