Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED] Empty dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 03:12

Howdy!

I got a new hard drive and am doing a clean install on all software. Before installing any anti-virus software, I downloaded all of the latest Sims 4 uploads from y'all to install before my anti-virus could become an issue. (Priorities, I have them)

Upon running the basegame installer, I got this message:

"warning 4154. Visual C++Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 x86 was not correctly installed. Continue installation of The Sims 4?"

I went ahead and let it continue. Upon attempting to launch (before attempting to install any of the DLC or major game updates). I received the following message when I did:

"dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)"

I've searched the forums exhaustively, googled and neither one has resulted in a solution that applies to that particular issue. Some are close, but not quite there. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an older machine (Intel T4300), but have had no issues with the previous installation before replacing the hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am super grateful for you all & the Sims keep me (somewhat) sane when my health isn't the greatest.

Thank you!
digitalbetty

Back to top Go down

dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED] Empty Re: dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 16:24

I've been having the same exact issue. I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall several times. I'm running on Windows 10 however. I've turned off Windows Defender & Firewall, and I have no other anti-virus software on my computer. I've tried completing deleting everything and re downloading as well, to no avail. Thank you in advance for any help/insight that can be offered!

Back to top Go down

dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED] Empty Re: dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:09

digitalbetty wrote:Howdy!

I got a new hard drive and am doing a clean install on all software. Before installing any anti-virus software, I downloaded all of the latest Sims 4 uploads from y'all to install before my anti-virus could become an issue. (Priorities, I have them)

Upon running the basegame installer, I got this message:

"warning 4154. Visual C++Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 x86 was not correctly installed. Continue installation of The Sims 4?"

I went ahead and let it continue. Upon attempting to launch (before attempting to install any of the DLC or major game updates). I received the following message when I did:

"dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)"

I've searched the forums exhaustively, googled and neither one has resulted in a solution that applies to that particular issue. Some are close, but not quite there. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an older machine (Intel T4300), but have had no issues with the previous installation before replacing the hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am super grateful for you all & the Sims keep me (somewhat) sane when my health isn't the greatest.

Thank you!
digitalbetty
Hey! I know I previously just replied about having the same problem, but after a week and waiting for a new computer to come in (yes, I went to extremes.) I found if you go to your Program Files x86, go to Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, _Installer, vc, vc2013, redist, and install those, you just go to thte game, bin, and start your game from TS4 there and it'll work like a charm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:14

Hi,

Did you reinstall it after this error pop up? If not, go to The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist and installed both vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Didn't saw your reply @PURPLEHORSE62. Basically the same thing really. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 21:07

It worked! Thank y'all so very much, I would have never found that. It's super appreciated!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jun 2017, 14:32

Glad to hear you've got it working now! Feel free to open a new thread should you face any other problem.
Cheers! Smile

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top