Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED] Empty the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 15:56

Hi, I've just installed Sims 4, everything went smoothly but then when I tried to open the app, it said "the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103)"
Then, I installed the ultimate fix from the latest version and did as the installation guide said (I've turned off the antivirus), but it still say the same, "the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103)".
Do you have any idea what is wrong?
FYI, I'm using Windows Vista.
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED] Empty Re: the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 23:29

Hi there! Smile

Please, go to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\_Installer\vc\redist and install vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe. If they are already installed, then uninstall and reinstall them.

Another thing you could try is re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled. Then, keeping the antivirus that way, copy the folders inside to the location specified again. Finally, see if the game works.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED] Empty Re: the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 03:06

Hi, I could only install the vcredist_x86.exe, since my computer is 32 bit.
I've tried all your advice but I still got the same error.
Any idea?

//EDIT

SeoY wrote:Hi there! Smile

Please, go to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\_Installer\vc\redist and install vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe. If they are already installed, then uninstall and reinstall them.

Another thing you could try is re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled. Then, keeping the antivirus that way, copy the folders inside to the location specified again. Finally, see if the game works.

Hi, I've been waiting for your reply all day long but don't think there is any.
So to make it clear, I've tried uninstall and reinstall both the Sims 4 and the ultimate fix like three times, with antivirus off, but I still get the same error "the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103)".
I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the vcredist_x86.exe several times, but still nothing.
I don't know in which part I was doing wrong, can you  Help me please  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 17:05

kwint wrote:Hi, I could only install the vcredist_x86.exe, since my computer is 32 bit.
I've tried all your advice but I still got the same error.
Any idea?

//EDIT

SeoY wrote:Hi there! Smile

Hi, I've been waiting for your reply all day long but don't think there is any.
So to make it clear, I've tried uninstall and reinstall both the Sims 4 and the ultimate fix like three times, with antivirus off, but I still get the same error "the dynamic library rld.dll failed to initialize (e1103)".
I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the vcredist_x86.exe several times, but still nothing.
I don't know in which part I was doing wrong, can you  Help me please  Why God.

Hi again! Smile

Sorry, I try to reply when I can.

What antivirus do you have, exactly? You should make sure that the antivirus is completely off, including other services like firewalls or something of the sort. Also, did you add ALL of the folders to the exception list? Including the subfolders inside The Sims 4. Those are _Installer, Game, Data, and Support. Also add the Bin folder inside the Game one.

This sounds more like an issue with your specific antivirus, as it may be interfering even when it's "off".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 17:12

Hi, it's okay, thank you for your time answering all these questions Smile
Before, when I downloaded the ultimate fix and extract the files, I was using AVG. 
But now, I change it into Avast, and I've already put the Sims 4 folder to the exclusions. My firewall is also off. And yes, I've already copy the 4 folders to the Sims 4.
Do you have any idea? Is it because I only installed the x86?  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 17:19

kwint wrote:Hi, it's okay, thank you for your time answering all these questions Smile
Before, when I downloaded the ultimate fix and extract the files, I was using AVG. 
But now, I change it into Avast, and I've already put the Sims 4 folder to the exclusions. My firewall is also off. And yes, I've already copy the 4 folders to the Sims 4.
Do you have any idea? Is it because I only installed the x86?  Why God.

If your OS is 32-bits, it won't let you install the vcredist_x64. I'm not sure if that could be the cause of your issue, but I don't think so. Are you sure your OS is 32-bits?

And did you re-download the Ultimate Fix after you changed to Avast? It's possible that in the first download the files were corrupted by AVG. Please, try re-downloading the Ultimate Fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 17:22

Yes, I'm sure my OS is 32 bits. I'm just afraid if this is the cause, because my friend who uses 64 bits, can play the game after uninstall and re-install the x64.exe and x86.exe.
If I re-download the ultimate fix using Avast, do I have to uninstall and re-install the Sims 4 base game?
Or do I just need to copy the 4 folders to the Sims 4 folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 17:28

kwint wrote:If I re-download the ultimate fix using Avast, do I have to uninstall and re-install the Sims 4 base game?
Or do I just need to copy the 4 folders to the Sims 4 folder?

First you should try re-downloading the Ultimate Fix now that you have Avast, and then follow all of the steps again (yes, try reinstalling the vcredist files now). Then, extract the 4 folders to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. I actually suggest that you don't extract the Ultimate Fix to a folder and then copy the contents inside, instead extract the folders directly to the game install location. This is to prevent the Antivirus from deleting any files while you make the extract. Another option is to disable the antivirus during that process.

Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 03:47

Hi, I've tried re-downloading the ultimate fix (Avast is off), but still nothing.
I got the same error when I clicked the icon from desktop.
BUT when I clicked the TS4.exe from Game - Bin folder, I got a different error, it says initialization error at startup [135dec40:984c6a38:00000077].
I just don't know what I've done wrong.
Should I try one more time uninstall and re-install the whole TS4 base game and the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 04:02

kwint wrote:Hi, I've tried re-downloading the ultimate fix (Avast is off), but still nothing.
I got the same error when I clicked the icon from desktop.
BUT when I clicked the TS4.exe from Game - Bin folder, I got a different error, it says initialization error at startup [135dec40:984c6a38:00000077].
I just don't know what I've done wrong.
Should I try one more time uninstall and re-install the whole TS4 base game and the ultimate fix?

If you already tried everything else, then yes, please try reinstalling the game. But this time, make a clean uninstall of it. You can do that with a tool like Revo Uninstaller or Your Uninstaller! Pro. The last one can be downloaded from our website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

If you do get the last one, choose "Super Mode" when you uninstall The Sims 4. When it's done, restart your PC and then install the game again. Smile

Just to know, do you have Origin, by any chance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 04:05

Yes, I had it before, but I read that some people uninstalled it and it worked.
So I uninstalled it, but nothing. 
Does it have something to do with Origin? Should I have it or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 04:22

kwint wrote:Yes, I had it before, but I read that some people uninstalled it and it worked.
So I uninstalled it, but nothing. 
Does it have something to do with Origin? Should I have it or not?

Well, we're still trying to figure that out. Try installing Origin again first, after you already uninstalled The Sims 4. Then, install the game again.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 04:27

Can you give me the link where I can download Origin? So I just have to simply install it, then re-establish the Sims 4?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 04:55

kwint wrote:Can you give me the link where I can download Origin? So I just have to simply install it, then re-establish the Sims 4?

Sure thing, here it is:
https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

If you already made a clean uninstall of The Sims 4 (with any of those programs), then yes, install Origin and then The Sims 4 again. After that, apply the Ultimate Fix. Make sure that the Antivirus is completely off during this. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 13:56

Hi, I got this error messages when I try to extract the 4 folders into The Sims 4 folder.

Error:

Is this the cause of my error? What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 14:15

kwint wrote:Hi, I got this error messages when I try to extract the 4 folders into The Sims 4 folder.

Error:

Is this the cause of my error? What should I do?

Hi again! Smile

I put the error in a spoiler, so it isn't as intrusive. Please, check this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

Apply those instructions to the The Sims 4 folder in Program Files, and then try again. Keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 14:30

Still got the same error though I have applied those instructions to Bin, Game, The Sims 4 and Program Files folder.
Could it be that my ultimate fix rar is corrupted? But this is my third time downloaded the ultimate fix and got the same error all those three times I extracted the Game and __Installer folders.
However, I couldn't download the ultimate fix through mirror link (mediafire), so I have to download it from mega.co.nz, which took a long time to download it since I cannot use IDM. Do you have any other alternatives to download the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 01:07

kwint wrote:Still got the same error though I have applied those instructions to Bin, Game, The Sims 4 and Program Files folder.
Could it be that my ultimate fix rar is corrupted? But this is my third time downloaded the ultimate fix and got the same error all those three times I extracted the Game and __Installer folders.
However, I couldn't download the ultimate fix through mirror link (mediafire), so I have to download it from mega.co.nz, which took a long time to download it since I cannot use IDM. Do you have any other alternatives to download the ultimate fix?

Why exactly weren't you able to download the Ultimate Fix from Mediafire? And I actually suggest that you don't use IDM for the time being, to make sure that it's not messing with the Ultimate Fix. Are you extracting the Ultimate Fix with WinRAR? And maybe try extracting it first to an empty folder and then copy the files over to the install location. Make sure that your antivirus is disabled during this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 01:37

I don't know, it's just the link won't connect to the mediafire. The third time I downloaded the ultimate fix, I use mega.co, and I still got the same error when extracting.
Yes, I use Winrar. Aren't you not suggested to extract it first to an empty folder then copy the filed to the install location?
Btw, when I drag the files to the install location from Winrar, I can copy all the files, but still, I got the same error (1103).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 01:51

kwint wrote:I don't know, it's just the link won't connect to the mediafire. The third time I downloaded the ultimate fix, I use mega.co, and I still got the same error when extracting.
Yes, I use Winrar. Aren't you not suggested to extract it first to an empty folder then copy the filed to the install location?
Btw, when I drag the files to the install location from Winrar, I can copy all the files, but still, I got the same error (1103).

Yes, I did suggest that you didn't extract them first, but that was when you weren't getting a permission error. That changes some things. So, this link here is not working?
http://goo.gl/ZmKP8r

What exactly does the website say when you follow it?

Another option is for us to try and help you through TeamViewer. Please read about it here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

If you do agree to it, please join the Chatbox at the Forum's Main Page when you can and see a team member online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 05:35

Excuse me, can I give you a suggestion? I had the same problem with my win vista...I uninstalled AVG and installed all the vcredist files, and not the only one that is in the game folder, just in case one was missing (in installed programs you should have about 25 different visual files.)
After that I could play.
P.D: I don't now if i can post a link where you can find the files...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 05:59

m_vicky87 wrote:Excuse me, can I give you a suggestion? I had the same problem with my win vista...I uninstalled AVG and installed all the vcredist files, and not the only one that is in the game folder, just in case one was missing (in installed programs you should have about 25 different visual files.)
After that I could play.
P.D: I don't now if i can post a link where you can find the files...
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I get what you mean. What do you mean by 25 different visual files? I also uninstaller AVG, and install Avast, but I already turn it off. 
And I only can install x86 since my computer is 32 bits. So you install the vcredist not in the Game folder? So where do you install it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 08:00

Sorry, my english is not quite good so i'll try to explain it again. I've download a pack with all the VisualC files, because the one that is in the _Installer folder of the game it's from the past year. If it's the same problem I had, you need to install all of them. I can't post the link because I'm a new member...try to google it, or search in mycrosoft website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 08:07

m_vicky87 wrote:Sorry, my english is not quite good so i'll try to explain it again. I've download a pack with all the VisualC files, because the one that is in the _Installer folder of the game it's from the past year. If it's the same problem I had, you need to install all of them. I can't post the link because I'm a new member...try to google it, or search in mycrosoft website.
I think you can just copy the link, and paste here. So you mean, you didn't download the vcredist x86 from the _Installer folder? 
The problem that I have is: I couldn't extract the Game and _Installer folders from ultimate fix into the Sims 4 folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 20:03

kwint wrote:
The problem that I have is: I couldn't extract the Game and _Installer folders from ultimate fix into the Sims 4 folder.

I don't now exactly how works this game version, I've download another with an iso image and installed the game...
I'm not allowed to post external links because i'm a new member, sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top