Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update Empty Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 03:57

the other night, i noticed that none of my mods were working on the base game so i decided i should update the game. i found the ultimate fix, downloaded it, and installed it. now whenever i try to open sims 4, it launches, loads for a few seconds with a totally black screen, and closes. every time. it doesn't even get to the loading screen or anything. i troubleshooted it and it said "application incompatible". i'm really sad now. i've tried reinstalling the ultimate fix over five times now, and it's still doing the same thing. i'm wondering if it's because i never installed any expansion packs. i know my video graphics card is up to date. please help lol

Back to top Go down

Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update Empty Re: Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 06:41

okay. so, i've found a little method that was supposed to fix it. it seemed like it was going to work, but now i'm getting the same two messages every time i try to open it. the infamous "unable to start: initialization error at startup" and "run the program as administrator the first time you start it, make sure origin is not running". i don't have origin installed, and i'm running the programs as administrator. i don't want to reinstall the game because i'm scared to death of losing my save files.

Back to top Go down

Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update Empty Re: Super Weird: Sims 4 Blackscreen and Immediate Crash After Ultimate Fix Update

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 10:16

I had same error, rebooted the computer and could start game as administrator again. This is what you should do every time ( start as administrator ) to be on the safe side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 16:00

drugkid wrote:okay. so, i've found a little method that was supposed to fix it. it seemed like it was going to work, but now i'm getting the same two messages every time i try to open it. the infamous "unable to start: initialization error at startup" and "run the program as administrator the first time you start it, make sure origin is not running". i don't have origin installed, and i'm running the programs as administrator. i don't want to reinstall the game because i'm scared to death of losing my save files.

Hi,

You can actually just backup your save file on desktop or somewhere else if you feel the need to re-install the game. Also, the ultimate fix, I'm really hoping you meant the update-only fix and not something else. Concerning the origin error, you can take a look at the download here. Do you happen to have any crash logs or saw any error when it crashed earlier?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jun 2017, 01:46

Ageha wrote:
Hi,

You can actually just backup your save file on desktop or somewhere else if you feel the need to re-install the game. Also, the ultimate fix, I'm really hoping you meant the update-only fix and not something else. Concerning the origin error, you can take a look at the download here. Do you happen to have any crash logs or saw any error when it crashed earlier?

I got a bunch of different errors and tried a bunch of stuff to fix it, and nothing really worked. So I just reinstalled the game and now I'm getting "Please make sure origin is running".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jun 2017, 14:49

drugkid wrote:I got a bunch of different errors and tried a bunch of stuff to fix it, and nothing really worked. So I just reinstalled the game and now I'm getting "Please make sure origin is running".
I see. Have you make sure to turn off your anti-virus/windows defender or add the folders to your exclusions list? How about the link from above regarding the origin error? Does copy + pasting the .dll files still result in the same error? There's also alternative solutions here for 'origin is not running' error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top