Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town Empty Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:10

Ok so I started looking to find a solution for my problem. I found this thread and I have the same problem - https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3035-sims-3-crashing-solved - I have done all the steps from this thread - https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-22-12-2011 - except for 4 because it is crossed off. I even performed the same defrag step the other person found as a solution.

So basically my game loading screen has no picture and the scrolling words are all smeared together. Once it gets to the screen to choose a town if I pick a previous save or pick a new game it hangs at about 10% then craches to desktop. I have everything but pets installed and no custom content at all. Does anyone possibly have any suggestions? I am thinking to do a full re-install but takes some time so thought I'd ask first. Has anyone had an issue where clearing the registry while the game is installed does anything? Or is the registry only created once for this game? I had the base game going and didn't try anything along the way to full install. I originally thought maybe Pets was too much because it is a different install so I took it out but got the same exact result so I left pets out. I have the latest updates and the most current fix and really don't have any other ideas. So any advice is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town Empty Re: Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:16

Hello,
Are your videocard drivers up to date?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town Empty Re: Sims 3 complete- freezes crash to desktop loading any town

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 19:23

I havnt checked myself but I set up to automatically check. Also my c.omputer is fairly new. I did use the razor1911 install of the base game but its the same game. I wondered if I updated wrong because I updated the base to whatever came with install and then by download manager. I will check my updates though but that would be too easy knowing my luck. Ill probably have to reinstall it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 19:30

Hello,
Check your videodrivers anyway. It doesn't hurt. And windows update doesn't always get them right.
The razor base game is ok.
Your base game version should be 1.29 if you're using the fix. You can't really use the updates wrong, but it could be that the crack is incompatible with the base game, though this usually simply prevents you from starting the game at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 20:09

Oh yea I know windows update is no good. Also after I was done installing all the latest versions were installed. I made sure of that before the first time I. Clicked the ts3w.exe. Got more ideas? Does it matter the order you actually install Ihe expansions? I'm pretty sure I installed them in the order listed. Also in the pdf instructions for the ultimate fix do you need to put the TS3 files into each expantion or just do the one for the generations/pets/? It says read carefully and the only crack you need is the last one but then the pdf says to put all those files where they go?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 20:19

Hello,
When applying the fix, follow all of the directions, except those for expansions you don't have installed. There is only one crack, all of the other files are original files. The crack is found in the #crack folder.
We recommend installing Pets, Generations or Town Life Stuff first and all the others after that, but that's only the easiest way to install, not the only way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 21:40

So its best to install the base game and then the Generations or town life stuff first? and then update? or just keep installing everything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 21:44

Hello,
You could do it both ways actually, if you patched the base game to 1.29 before installing any other expansions, all you'd have to do after installing everything is applying the crack from the #crack folder in the fix.
Or you could install base, Town Life/Generations/Pets and then everything else, and then update and crack.
But I think reinstalling isn't in order just yet, we only recommend it as a final thing to try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 21:56

Ok well I just updated my video driver to be sure and there was an update but that didn't help. Also when the screen goes to load the new town the background turns weird colors and sometimes it says a fatal error occured when loading (whichever town) and will restart then it goes back to picking a new town. So I guess I have tried all the suggestions listed and the drivers. Anymore ideas? This is weird usually I've been able to fix my own problems without even looking but for this one I was not sucessful. It seems to me since it hangs and 10% and crashes something somewhere is not loading fully but I'm not sure about that or where to look.

//EDIT

Also do I need the origins update program?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:04

Hello,
No not really, since you can get all updates manually anyway.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:11

Do you have any more suggestions? You've been helpful so far and I'm glad I updated my video driver the new control panel that came with it offers more options.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 22:13

Hello,
For now, I think its best to wait for Admin's reply. He may suggest a complete re install and at that time, it would be the best thing to do, or he may offer another suggestion.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:31

Hello,

Not sure whether this question has already been asked (I read through the topic quickly), but do you have any Custom Content and/or Mods?

Also, I recommend installing Ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com) and do both a normal cleaning and a registry cleaning. There's no harm in doing that at all. (Although they always recommend making a backup of the registry)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 23:49

Never installed any mods or custom content. The only place for mods would be the mods folder right? There wasn't one I did consider the temp fix but never tried it. I have followed the instructions exactly and put everything in the correct folders. I already tried the fixes from the page for this type of crash and I also tried the solution the other guy found when this question was asked before. I will try ccleaner now then.

//EDIT

Ok and now I just did the Ccleaner and no luck. I know my computer will
support the game because I have the base game running before I got all
the expansions. So I guess what might be the next option?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 16:35

fatal error are generated due to ORIGIN sof!

when you install all sims 3 and expanssion,

in the requested action

install EADM (recommended)

- same for latest add-on when it ask for ORIGIN

skip it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 19:25

Caliburnes wrote:Never installed any mods or custom content. The only place for mods would be the mods folder right? There wasn't one I did consider the temp fix but never tried it. I have followed the instructions exactly and put everything in the correct folders. I already tried the fixes from the page for this type of crash and I also tried the solution the other guy found when this question was asked before. I will try ccleaner now then.

//EDIT

Ok and now I just did the Ccleaner and no luck. I know my computer will
support the game because I have the base game running before I got all
the expansions. So I guess what might be the next option?
Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. I'll see what I can do for you.

magic touch wrote:fatal error are generated due to ORIGIN sof!

when you install all sims 3 and expanssion,

in the requested action

install EADM (recommended)

- same for latest add-on when it ask for ORIGIN

skip it!!
This specific problem is not related to the EA Download Manager/Origin in any way.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 19:37

is related!

the freeze comes with the STORE in conflict with ORIGIN + store

is recommended to disable in-game store until they found the problem

i have activate the the ingame store, but in my install i do not have install EADM "Origin"

- - - about problem with CC or mods

to be sure if is not your mods or any CC sims created

just rename your sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Art\sims 3

to Documents\Electronic Art\_sims 3

when you start the game he create again a new original "\sims 3"

if the game continue to freeze that means is not your CC or mods!

if new game no freeze and game run ok, then copy one by one your previous added features via the renamed "\_sims3" to fresh created "\sims 3"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 22:10

Ok well I hadnot installed origins and updated throug that I did al the updates either direct download or through the launcher. And I had renamed documents simms3 folder already and that didn't fix it. I hadno cc anyway. So I. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled it because I had free time last night, but left out pets. So with the new installl I installed the base and updated it all the way. Then I put all the expansions but pets on and put origins on but never logged into it.
For the store wat do you mean?? Ayway after new install everything works fine even loaded up my old saves and they work to. So I don't know what previous issue was but it's gne now.
If I have all the store content already and the new towns could I install those or do you think it would mess it up now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 22:16

Caliburnes wrote:Ok well I hadnot installed origins and updated throug that I did al the updates either direct download or through the launcher. And I had renamed documents simms3 folder already and that didn't fix it. I hadno cc anyway. So I. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled it because I had free time last night, but left out pets. So with the new installl I installed the base and updated it all the way. Then I put all the expansions but pets on and put origins on but never logged into it.
For the store wat do you mean?? Ayway after new install everything works fine even loaded up my old saves and they work to. So I don't know what previous issue was but it's gne now.
If I have all the store content already and the new towns could I install those or do you think it would mess it up now?
Hello,

Yes, you can install those. If they cause any problems, find out the corrupt one and remove it. Please let me know the final result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 23:11

if the game work! before proceed to any other action!

i suggest you to create image backup of your C:

in this case you can restore more easy than to reinstall all from scrach!

install and registry will be more easy to fix!

now you know how to fix your data with the doc/sims 3 folder!

about the in-game store!

i buy some stuff with simpoints after last install (without Origin)

i found all those stuff inside the gamestore (diverse buy since 2009 related to my login)

- in game store can be enable/disable via the Option menu.

EA suggest to users to disable store option before install Pets and updates to 1.29

with "origin" and "store" option enable the game can freeze, until long time, until a server respond timeout!

when store is enable you can see in "object" some stuff with Simpoints price!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top