Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items Empty get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jun 2017, 16:34

Ive been playing sims 4 perfectly fine but have been noticing some people walking around as white and red checkered people. i didnt pay too much mind to it thinking it was some weird choice you could have for skin. when i went to change my sim i tried choosing a few items that were in the get to work pack and it turned my person into the checkered white and red person.. removing the clothing made my person go back to normal. Now i was trying to build a store and certain items for retail which is in the get to work pack, show up all on the bottom to buy but certain items you click to place and they wont show up on the screen to place but shows that i have the item selected.

Im not sure why its doing this. i downloaded everything and added it all the way it was supposed to be and everything else works fine. I really dont want to lose all my progress and house so i hope there is an easy fix and i hope someone has experienced this or knows how to help!

Back to top Go down

get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items Empty Re: get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 15:30

Do you have any cc? I saw a picture like this on twitter and they said it was because of cc, and I think this thing happened in one of the cc shopping videos on youtube. If you have any cc maybe you should check them.

Back to top Go down

get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items Empty Re: get to work pack showing up as checkered red and white people for items

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 19:17

do you mean ccleaner????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 20:19

No, Custom Content is meant here. Mods etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 20:29

This is what I found on a different forum

Mods/CC could be causing the issues. Move your mods folder to the desktop, start the game and see if that helps the issue. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder in batches and testing to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you continue to have problems, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is Documents -Electronic Arts -then sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues have been fixed. If it is working okay, exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to make sure the game is working okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 15:00

I'm not sure how to do any of that.. not sure what files are Mods or not..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 15:16

I have two spots where The sims 4 shows up.. I go through program files to get to my sims game to play... i went to the file under documents and took the mod file out and went back to go to play the game and it still showed up.. I moved my folder from program files to the desktop and its still not working.. when i opened the game it was showing me all the packs i have as if im opening the game for the first time and none of my saved files are there.. Im not sure how im supposed to add options back or any of that because i didnt move them... you didnt say to move those just the mod folder/...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 15:46

is there anyway to get my saved games back? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 15:46

Hi, you have moved the correct file from documents, electronic arts the sims 4 to the desktop. To get your old game back, name the one which is currently in documents /electronic arts /the sims 4 to The sims 4_old and move the one on your desktop back to documents /electronic arts. You should have two The sims 4 folders in there now. One called the sims 4_old, the other one just The sims 4. You can safely delete the one called the sims 4_old and your original game is back. Start as usual from program files. I do not know how you can re-install the get to work pack over the one in your install file, sorry.
Back up the file that is currently on your desktop, just to be safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:08

I changed the file inside electronic arts and added the file from the desktop back to the same folder... deleted the old one and my games are still not back.. I honestly wish i never messed with it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 16:09

Thanks for all your help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 17:38

Hm. That is weird. Have you checked what is in your saves folder? It should be in that file, which you have just moved back into documents/electronic arts/The sims 4. Check the dates. What is the latest date in there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 15:14

It says the folder is empty.. Its the new folder that was created when dragged to the desktop... i labeled the old one then added back the new folder and deleted the old and no saves or anything in this new folder... so i guess now everything really is gone since i deleted that old folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 18:40

4realz wrote:It says the folder is empty.. Its the new folder that was created when dragged to the desktop... i labeled the old one then added back the new folder and deleted the old and no saves or anything in this new folder... so i guess now everything really is gone since i deleted that old folder
If you have not transferred over your saves from the OLD folder to the NEW one BEFORE deleting, then yes, your saves are gone UNLESS you restore them from the recycle bin.

Are you still having issues with the meshes/textures?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 14:55

I restored the file with all my saved games and such.. Now i guess that should make everything come back.. But i am still having issues with the textures... and even some items under get to work to even build a shop or restaurant wont work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 18:33

Have you tried re-downloading the get to work torrent and then re-installing it? First back up your game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 14:53

I haven't... im kind of slow with all this stuff so im not sure how to back up my game before doing that.. I think im just going to give up because i really dont want to lose my game again.. im just glad i have it back right now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 14:55

I really appreciate everyone's help.. thank you all so much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 17:54

It's not something hard to do Smile I usually copy the save folder from Documents-->Electronic Arts---> The Sims 4 to an usb Very Happy btw I'm not a genius either Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 17:57

Then if you updated or reinstalled your game you just put the content back to the save folder where you copied from Wink it's in the same place in your Documents Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:35

4realz wrote:I haven't... im kind of slow with all this stuff so im not sure how to back up my game before doing that.. I think im just going to give up because i really dont want to lose my game again.. im just glad i have it back right now
Playing a game shouldn't be 'stressful'. Take time off from re-installing/installing the game. And come back when you have spare time later on. And like Noemi mentioned, your saves will be back if you do it 'correctly'. But, for now. forget about the sims and enjoy the other games or do something you like.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 15:59

I do have my games back.. but im still playing and i would still like to figure out how to fix it...
i dont have a usb... so maybe i can copy the save file to the desktop?

But do download and install the get to work pack i would have to do all the downloads again correct? i cant just try to add get to work after all the other packs and fixes have been added?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 16:10

No, you must install in the correct order.
When you have, let's say, installed upto and incl. Fitness and you then apply Get to Work again you're back to Get to Work and your game won't start due to difference in version, update via Origin error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jun 2017, 01:23

I'm reinstalling everything.. Last time I reinstalled and downloaded everything there was a few fixes for screens not loading and such.. do you still have to do any of these fixes? Or can i just download and install all the packs in order without any other necessary things being done? I do see to change Game folder to game_ after the toddler pack.. i do remember there being another file at that point you were supposed to add in before....

sorry im a pain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top