Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen Empty Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2020, 01:54

Hello! Hoping for a little help with a current issue I'm having. I'm in the process of re-downloading all of the Sims 4 files (using the older repacks), and I'm up to applying Jungle Adventure. I clicked on the TS4.exe to try and test-run it, but it will load for a few seconds while showing nothing but a white screen, then go back to my desktop without the game starting. Not sure if I missed a step or not. 

Steps I've taken so far:
>I deleted the Gameversion.txt because initially I was getting a "needing to update via Origin" error
>I made sure that my Sims 4 file was on my Windows Virus Protection exception list
>I moved the Sims 4 file to C:/Program Files 
>I tried to run anadius validator program, but it's unable to verify my game version. 

Hope that wasn't too confusing! Any help would be appreciated! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen Empty Re: Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2020, 01:58

Oh, I also renamed the Game folder to "Game_" when I copied it over the previous DLC Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen Empty Re: Sims 4 will not load, showing only white screen

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Mar 2020, 02:38

eternalsimmer wrote:Hello! Hoping for a little help with a current issue I'm having. I'm in the process of re-downloading all of the Sims 4 files (using the older repacks), and I'm up to applying Jungle Adventure. I clicked on the TS4.exe to try and test-run it, but it will load for a few seconds while showing nothing but a white screen, then go back to my desktop without the game starting. Not sure if I missed a step or not. 

Steps I've taken so far:
>I deleted the Gameversion.txt because initially I was getting a "needing to update via Origin" error
>I made sure that my Sims 4 file was on my Windows Virus Protection exception list
>I moved the Sims 4 file to C:/Program Files 
>I tried to run anadius validator program, but it's unable to verify my game version. 

Hope that wasn't too confusing! Any help would be appreciated! Smile

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @eternalsimmer,

While on the one hand I admit you have a great deal of boldness to actually re-install TS4 from 20+ individual torrents, I don't think it is ultimately a pragmatic or good idea to do so. Smile  I can't really explain the issue with the validator either.

Best advice I can give is that you purge everything again, re-install the base game of TS4, delete the "Game"-subfolder inside it, and finally proceed with the new format here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

Again, the fact that you even consider doing these 20+ steps probably shows your appreciation and trust towards our repacks, which is very noble. But the fact that you experience that problem, PLUS the inability of the validator to properly detect your installation, is indicative of something being really messed up. And this scenario is exactly why we released the "new format" in the first place. If at least the validator was working for you, we could take it from there. But since it isn't, I can't really give any "better" advice at that point.

Good luck either way!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2020, 03:24

Thanks for replying! Ha, yeah, I've been following G4TW for a long time now, so I definitely have a ton of faith in you all! 

But all righty!-- I can definitely get rid of everything and do a re-install of the base game and use the global patch. Sounds like the best course of action! Thanks so much for you response! I'll report back if there's any more issues. 

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top