Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED] Empty I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 08:29

I have followed every single step from the guide and its still not working. ive spent the last 5 hours to get this to work and its just starting to piss me off. Please im begging for your help. When i try to launch the game i get the error saying that it cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. I dont know what to do anymore...

Back to top Go down

I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED] Empty Re: I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 15:40

Hi there and welcome! Very Happy

Have you tried re-installing the game again? If it mentions which pack was corrupted, you can just re-install the said pack and run the game. 

Remember to either turn off anti-virus/windows defender or exclude the folders before downloading/installing. Also make sure that you do not move the files when installing and instead, copy + paste them pack by pack.

Back to top Go down

I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED] Empty Re: I've done everything you've asked and it still doesnt work... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 18:45

It didnt specify exactly which pack was broken. I've deleted and redownloaded the torrents from your website and im going to start over again. I'll update you after i follow the steps again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 18:52

I see. In that case you can test out the packs one by one to see where the error started. Remember to always test them with a fresh folder (simply move out the Sims 4 folder from Documents to desktop or somewhere else before installing)

PS: There's no need to 'rush'. Do these things at your own time and pace, stress-free. Hoping for the best! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 18:55

When installing the DLCS am i putting them in program files or documents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 19:03

All DLCs(game packs/stuff packs) should go to Program Files -> where you install the base game to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 19:15

Ageha wrote:All DLCs(game packs/stuff packs) should go to Program Files -> where you install the base game to.
No, don't do that as your base game will by default install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
After that installation you must MOVE (not copy) the folder The Sims 4 to another location on your computer (at least out of the folder Electronic Arts). That location is from now on your install folder.
When you download other DLC's you must copy the folders from the extracted downloads to your install folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 19:18

Well, yes. I'm assuming he didn't have the Program Files(x86) and thus his installation path was Program Files instead. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 19:25

So if i have Program Files(x86) do i take it out of the electronic arts folder and put it there or in the regular program files? (I do have Program Files(x86)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 19:43

I can't even launch the base game after installation because i get the rdl.dll error..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 21:00

So after downloading and reinstalling everything for a second time it seems to be working fine! Although it is very quiet for some reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 16:19

Hi!

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. By default, the installation should be at Program Files(x86)/EA and you can move the Sims 4 folder after installing everything. -> Usually just under Program Files(x86).

But I'm glad you've managed to get it working now! Feel free to open a new topic if you have anymore problems/bugs.

Cheers! Smile

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top