Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless black loading screen issue

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless black loading screen issue - Page 2 Empty Endless black loading screen issue

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:53

First topic message reminder :

So I was installing TS4 on my latest computer and this error keeps popping up, I tried fixing it by going into the documents folder and deleting the folder but there wasn't a folder there for it.

Help me please

Last edited by NerdyNerd on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 04:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Endless black loading screen issue - Page 2 Empty Re: Endless black loading screen issue

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:22

Am I right in guessing that the program is installed on a USB-stick ?
Has this stick a fixed station-letter like f.e. Z: ?
When it changes station-letter every time the stick is inserted, it's asking for problems.
Bear in mind that G4TW downloads for the sims 4 create entries in the registry for a certain station.

Check the registry for the correct location.

OR

Start the program from the USB\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4 or TS4_x64

Back to top Go down

Endless black loading screen issue - Page 2 Empty Re: Endless black loading screen issue

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:43

Does using the USB stick affect the black screen though. Apparently he's re-installed and disabled certain DLCs but the black screen appeared when starting the game. I've suggested windowed mode, drivers and everything else I could think of. Sad
Perhaps I'm missing something or it's a more 'techy' problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 16:10

Ageha wrote:Does using the USB stick affect the black screen though. Apparently he's re-installed and disabled certain DLCs but the black screen appeared when starting the game. I've suggested windowed mode, drivers and everything else I could think of. Sad
Perhaps I'm missing something or it's a more 'techy' problem.
When DLC's are disabled in an incorrect manner it could be a reason for the blank screen.
Re-copy the folder Game from the downloaded Fitness again.

No, the USB stick is not responsible for the black screen but can be a reason for Unable to start ....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Aug 2017, 18:20

Tarac wrote:Am I right in guessing that the program is installed on a USB-stick ?
Has this stick a fixed station-letter like f.e. Z: ?
When it changes station-letter every time the stick is inserted, it's asking for problems.
Bear in mind that G4TW downloads for the sims 4 create entries in the registry for a certain station.

Check the registry for the correct location.

OR

Start the program from the USB\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4 or TS4_x64

Those registry entries have become obsolete if you installed all the way until Fitness. The only thing needed are the entries about the Locale (in-game language). If you delete the registry entries, they will be re-created according to the language in the RldOrigin.ini, and by running the game as Administrator.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 12:39

In case a USB-stick is used to play the game loading will be much slower than from a disk.
I don't know how old the computer is and if the USB-ports are USB-1,2 or 3.
USB-1 is of course very slow.
So it might be a matter of patience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 05:29

It is not a matter of patience, for some odd reason my laptop just isn't able to run TS4 no matter what. USB or no USB. G4TW version or otherwise, the problem still arrives after installation of City Living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top