Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged - Page 2 Empty Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 20:22

First topic message reminder :

I downloaded the toddler, vampires, and bowling stuff --> parenthood --> then fitness. My game was working fine before this, what did I do wrong? 

I will say that I did move my Sims 4 folder after downloading parenthood from program files 86 to just program files. Is that what messed it up? I was just tryna use the 64bit.

Back to top Go down

Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 22:56

hi @cdera ,

Yes, the new layout now makes all the available packs and also the play/load button to the left. Can you check to see if your drivers are up-to-date as well? Also, I should have probably asked this, but does your pc meets the minimum requirement to run the game?

Back to top Go down

Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged

Post by Guest Sat 05 Aug 2017, 00:16

@Ageha my video card was 27 months out of date lol, so I updated it...it's fine now, all processors are updated...
It does for the most part just my CPU isn't good enough for the Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Aug 2017, 00:28

cdera wrote:@Ageha my video card was 27 months out of date lol, so I updated it...it's fine now, all processors are updated...
It does for the most part just my CPU isn't good enough for the Sims 4.
Does it still freeze now? That's around 2 years, lol. But if your system is older than that, I'm not sure if can handle future DLCs? I'm playing on laptop and mine is around 5 years+ old? And my graphics card is also at the low-end (very very minimum. I'm still at the 610M series).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Aug 2017, 01:29

Ahhhh, does sims work good for you? My graphics is AMD Radeon R3 (which, from what I hear is okay with sims 4) with AMD A4-6210 APU . No luck for right now, it loads up but freezes while loading up the main menu @ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 02:33

cdera wrote:Ahhhh, does sims work good for you? My graphics is AMD  Radeon R3 (which, from what I hear is okay with sims 4) with AMD A4-6210 APU . No luck for right now, it loads up but freezes while loading up the main menu  @ageha
Yes, I'm actually able to run sims 4 and 'heavier' games fine. I saw a supported list of graphics card on the sims forum and R3 was included but it's in the minimum range (Cards that will only play at lower graphical settings, but may not be supported -> That's the exact phrase). Are you able to load any packs at all though?

Like I mentioned earlier to test the game by packs, so if you did, does the main menu freezes? 

@Tarac : Do you have any suggestions or do you know if she's able to play the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 02:50

I also did you read something about that. I did test the game by packs, after I downloaded City living I got an error... but I continued with downloading the packs...and everything worked fine, and it loaded up. Now, when the game loads up sometimes it will go to the main menu and it'll show me like all the stuff from all the packs that I downloaded and then it'll freeze like on the last one when I try to exit out of it it doesn't exit out if freezes up... also when I load the game up it goes straight into full-screen mode and it won't allow me to get to settings to put it in windowed mode, so I don't know what's going on it works when it wants to, do you think that I should uninstall the fitness pack and see if it just works with Parenthood??? @ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 03:22

Hmm, it seems that City Living is the one giving you errors. Did you made a back up of your installation folder? It's easier to switch back between a working and 'non' working version, or if you decided to roll back to an earlier version.

For windowed mode, got to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 -> Options.ini and change the fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0.

What about disabling the City Living/Fitness instead? That way you won't have to uninstall or install again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 09:10

Ageha wrote:
cdera wrote:Ahhhh, does sims work good for you? My graphics is AMD  Radeon R3 (which, from what I hear is okay with sims 4) with AMD A4-6210 APU . No luck for right now, it loads up but freezes while loading up the main menu  @ageha
Yes, I'm actually able to run sims 4 and 'heavier' games fine. I saw a supported list of graphics card on the sims forum and R3 was included but it's in the minimum range (Cards that will only play at lower graphical settings, but may not be supported -> That's the exact phrase). Are you able to load any packs at all though?

Like I mentioned earlier to test the game by packs, so if you did, does the main menu freezes? 

@Tarac : Do you have any suggestions or do you know if she's able to play the game?
According to Electronic Arts, yes, but everything at Low
card 0x9850 "AMD Radeon R3 Graphics" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow
card 0x9854 "AMD Radeon R3 Graphics" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Aug 2017, 13:54

Thank you @TaracSmile

Perhaps if it's able to start up, you can change the resolution to low? Or you can change the simquality and visualquality (I'm guessing) in Options.ini to 1 instead. @cdera

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Aug 2017, 14:19

Ageha wrote:Thank you @TaracSmile

Perhaps if it's able to start up, you can change the resolution to low? Or you can change the simquality and visualquality (I'm guessing) in Options.ini to 1 instead. @cdera
Have look at the file Config.log in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
When found = 0 and/or Supported = 0 then the settings could be wrong resulting in not able to start.

Keep gettting the "Unable to Start" because required game data is missing or damaged - Page 2 Config_orig

In this case it is for my Geforce G 315 card.
Note the full name, Vendor and Device and - if necessary - add these details to the file GraphicsCard.sgr in the install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 00:12

i tried to disable the city living among others and nothing worked, it still froze. So I am going to restore the DLCS that I manually removed, (because i backed up the Rld.Origin file just in case it didn't work. @ageha and @Tarac am i supposed to change something in the Config file??

It won't let me post the pic because its too big but i will copy the words..

=== Application info ===
Name:            Sims4
Version:         1.31.37.1020
Build:           Release 32 Bit
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 3 CPU Speed: 1797 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2496 RAM: 5054 Adjusted RAM: 4542 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version:      Windows 10 10.0.15063
OS prod type:    
OS major ver:    10
OS minor ver:    0
OS SP major ver: 
OS SP minor ver: 
OS is 64Bit:     1
CPU:             AuthenticAMD
    Brand:       AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics    
    Family:      15
    Model:       0
    Cores:       4
    HT:          0
    x64:         1
Memory:          5054MB
Free memory:     1950MB
VA space:        4095MB
User:            smjredbone5
Computer:        LAPTOP-BPB7E2DF
=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   AMD Radeon(TM) R3 Graphics
Name (database): AMD Radeon R3 Graphics [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          ATI
Chipset:         Vendor: 1002, Device: 9850, Board: 80b3103c, Chipset: 0000
Driver:          aticfx32.dll, Version: 21.19.414.256, GUID: D7B71EE2-DB10-11CF-8C72-2DA1BCC2D835
Driver version:  256
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory:  1007MB

Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    1
Opt. features:   +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz
=== Options ===
NumBoots 8
LightingQuality 1
GeneralReflections 0
ObjectQuality 1
VisualEffects 1
PostProcessing 0
UseUncompressedTextures 0
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
SimQuality 1
ViewDistance 1
AdvancedRendering 0
VerticalSync 0
UseHiDpi 1
UiScale 100
ResolutionWidth 1024
ResolutionHeight 768
ResolutionRefresh 0
SceneResolution 2
VisualQuality 1
FullScreen 0
WindowedFullScreen 0
FrameRateLimit 200
DisableScreensaverInFullscreenMode 1
AudioQuality 1
AudioOutputMode 1
MasterLevel 255
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
MenuMusicLevel 255
UISoundSXLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
MoodChange 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
UIMute 0
AmbientMute 0
MatchSpeedStereoMusic 1
EdgeScrolling 1
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
EnableTelemetry 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
AdvancedCamera 0
ScreenshotPostUI 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 1
VideoCaptureTime 0
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
AutonomyHousehold 3
AutonomyDisabledForActiveSim 0
SimsSetAgeSpeed 1
SimsSetAgingEnabled 2
TradSocialMenuEnabled 0
MemoriesHelperEnabled 1
AutoAgeUnplayed 1
NPCReplacement 1
TutorialEnabled 1
ShowModListStartup 1
ModsDisabled 0
ScriptModsEnabled 0
ShowOnlineNotifications 1
AutoReconnect 1
OnlineAccess 1
DisableComments 0
HideReportedContent 0
=== Default Options ===
NumBoots 4294967295
LightingQuality 1
GeneralReflections 0
ObjectQuality 1
VisualEffects 1
PostProcessing 0
UseUncompressedTextures 0
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
SimQuality 1
ViewDistance 1
AdvancedRendering 0
VerticalSync 0
UseHiDpi 1
UiScale 100
ResolutionWidth 1024
ResolutionHeight 768
ResolutionRefresh 4294967295
SceneResolution 2
VisualQuality 1
FullScreen 0
WindowedFullScreen 0
FrameRateLimit 200
DisableScreensaverInFullscreenMode 1
AudioQuality 1
AudioOutputMode 1
MasterLevel 255
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
MenuMusicLevel 255
UISoundSXLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
MoodChange 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
UIMute 0
AmbientMute 0
MatchSpeedStereoMusic 1
EdgeScrolling 1
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
EnableTelemetry 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
AdvancedCamera 0
ScreenshotPostUI 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 1
VideoCaptureTime 0
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
AutonomyHousehold 3
AutonomyDisabledForActiveSim 0
SimsSetAgeSpeed 1
SimsSetAgingEnabled 2
TradSocialMenuEnabled 0
MemoriesHelperEnabled 1
AutoAgeUnplayed 1
NPCReplacement 1
TutorialEnabled 1
ShowModListStartup 1
ModsDisabled 0
ScriptModsEnabled 0
ShowOnlineNotifications 1
AutoReconnect 1
OnlineAccess 1
DisableComments 0
HideReportedContent 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:22

Looks allright except for this:
Memory: 5054 MB
Free Memory: 1950 MB

When you compare that with my details of 3959 / 2014 MB then it looks like quite a lot of other, unnecessary, programs are executed on startup of your computer, stealing approx 1 GB of your available RAM.

step 1:
Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL (taskmanager) and look at startup.
Do you really want all these programs active on your computer ?
Switch them off.

Step 2:
Keep windowskey pressed and type R
In the window type msconfig and click on OK
Select Services
In the bottom left corner check Hide all Microsoft services
Uncheck ALL remaining services
Click on Apply and OK
Now restart your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top