Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 05:16

I was really excited about the new update, so I downloaded it a day later and downloaded it two days later. After I downloaded all the folders, I launched into the game. It showed a missing game information, so I re-replaced the folders, double-checking I did every folder, but resulting in the same message. Some information-

  - I've downloaded every DLC and update
  - I have much CC and mods
  - All my mods are up to the latest update and have no problems
  - I've tried replacing the folders one by one 3 times and copying and pasting twice
  - I have checked the other "Unable to start, CATS AND DOGS post, which did not provide answers or help.
  - I have downloaded the game folder again and applied it, but that did not help.
  - I have deleted all mods and cc and still had the same issue
  - I checked the suggestions by the moderators, but none helped
  - Please ask if you have any questions!
  - The exact quote is underneath, I tried to link an image, but it exceeded total storage space
"Unable to start: 
                Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.
                 [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000] "


Last edited by harmonyfollows on Tue 01 May 2018, 03:47; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : better clarity, more tries to work)

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by GummyPop on Wed 02 May 2018, 15:50

Same here the newest patch broke my game too and nothing i search for seems to help since it's saying for me to re-install origin which I disabled in the background.

GummyPop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 97
Points : 335
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Tarac on Wed 02 May 2018, 17:04

Download the .exe + the 3.bin files of the full patch 1.42.30.1020
see HERE
Click on the .exe to start the repair.

If still no luck, then blame it on your mods.
Try a temp. new game by renaming the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3254
Points : 5774
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by GummyPop on Wed 02 May 2018, 17:32

@Tarac wrote:Download the .exe + the 3.bin files of the full patch 1.42.30.1020
see HERE
Click on the .exe to start the repair.

If still no luck, then blame it on your mods.
Try a temp. new game by renaming the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old
im downloading them but where do I place the bin at?

GummyPop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 97
Points : 335
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Tarac on Wed 02 May 2018, 17:34

Keep the .exe + the 3 bins in 1 folder anywhere on your PC
Then click on the exe only (it will automatically extract the bins)
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3254
Points : 5774
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by GummyPop on Wed 02 May 2018, 17:35

@Tarac wrote:Keep the .exe + the 3 bins in 1 folder anywhere on your PC
Then click on the exe only (it will automatically extract the bins)
Ok thanks c:
It says it can't be installed on my current version. Which is 1.41 and won't let me continue.
I'm stupid I accidentally got 1.41 instead of 1.42
Update:
It won't let me run it since I already tried the patch from the torrent file....idk what to do

GummyPop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 97
Points : 335
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Tarac on Wed 02 May 2018, 17:58

@GummyPop wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Keep the .exe + the 3 bins in 1 folder anywhere on your PC
Then click on the exe only (it will automatically extract the bins)
Ok thanks c:
It says it can't be installed on my current version. Which is 1.41 and won't let me continue.
I'm stupid I accidentally got 1.41 instead of 1.42
Update:
It won't let me run it since I already tried the patch from the torrent file....idk what to do
Rename the current folder Game from your install folder to Game_old.
Apply the patch again
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3254
Points : 5774
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by GummyPop on Wed 02 May 2018, 18:00

@Tarac wrote:
@GummyPop wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Keep the .exe + the 3 bins in 1 folder anywhere on your PC
Then click on the exe only (it will automatically extract the bins)
Ok thanks c:
It says it can't be installed on my current version. Which is 1.41 and won't let me continue.
I'm stupid I accidentally got 1.41 instead of 1.42
Update:
It won't let me run it since I already tried the patch from the torrent file....idk what to do
Rename the current folder Game from your install folder to Game_old.
Apply the patch again
Cannot find gamefiles.

GummyPop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 97
Points : 335
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Tarac on Wed 02 May 2018, 18:29

@GummyPop wrote:
@Tarac wrote:
@GummyPop wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Keep the .exe + the 3 bins in 1 folder anywhere on your PC
Then click on the exe only (it will automatically extract the bins)
Ok thanks c:
It says it can't be installed on my current version. Which is 1.41 and won't let me continue.
I'm stupid I accidentally got 1.41 instead of 1.42
Update:
It won't let me run it since I already tried the patch from the torrent file....idk what to do
Rename the current folder Game from your install folder to Game_old.
Apply the patch again
Cannot find gamefiles.
Rightclick on your shortcut for the game.
Click on Open file location and you are IN the Game folder.
Just go 1 level up to the full The Sims 4 folder and you'll see the game folder.
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3254
Points : 5774
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by GummyPop on Wed 02 May 2018, 18:33

@Tarac wrote:
@GummyPop wrote:
@Tarac wrote:
@GummyPop wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Keep the .exe + the 3 bins in 1 folder anywhere on your PC
Then click on the exe only (it will automatically extract the bins)
Ok thanks c:
It says it can't be installed on my current version. Which is 1.41 and won't let me continue.
I'm stupid I accidentally got 1.41 instead of 1.42
Update:
It won't let me run it since I already tried the patch from the torrent file....idk what to do
Rename the current folder Game from your install folder to Game_old.
Apply the patch again
Cannot find gamefiles.
Rightclick on your shortcut for the game.
Click on Open file location and you are IN the Game folder.
Just go 1 level up to the full The Sims 4 folder and you'll see the game folder.
I know that I was repeating the error it gave me...I'm about to lose it here cause last night I finally got it to work now this stupid update broke it again! Mad
Update: I tried setting permission to admin and the game is running.
Right click on TS4 then properties permissions then set to admin.

GummyPop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 97
Points : 335
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Wed 02 May 2018, 23:54

@Tarac wrote:Download the .exe + the 3.bin files of the full patch 1.42.30.1020
see HERE
Click on the .exe to start the repair.

If still no luck, then blame it on your mods.
Try a temp. new game by renaming the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old
I have taken the mods out and ran it multiple times with the patch, and it says it cannot update because same or newer patch is already installed. Renaming The Sims 4- I have also tried that, but it had the same message.

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Wed 02 May 2018, 23:58

Should I just reinstall the game, base game to patch 1.42.30.1020? Would it affect my saves and trays? I've tried everything. Would I have to delete my current G4TW files, or just apply them to my already installed G4TW files. P.S., I swear that my game was working fine, mods and everything, until I tried to update them.

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by GummyPop on Thu 03 May 2018, 00:40

@harmonyfollows wrote:Should I just reinstall the game, base game to patch 1.42.30.1020? Would it affect my saves and trays? I've tried everything. Would I have to delete my current G4TW files, or just apply them to my already installed G4TW files. P.S., I swear that my game was working fine, mods and everything, until I tried to update them.
Try what I did. Right click the TS4 file go to properties > permissions > change it to admin. And try running it.

GummyPop
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 97
Points : 335
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Thu 03 May 2018, 02:40

@GummyPop wrote:
@harmonyfollows wrote:Should I just reinstall the game, base game to patch 1.42.30.1020? Would it affect my saves and trays? I've tried everything. Would I have to delete my current G4TW files, or just apply them to my already installed G4TW files. P.S., I swear that my game was working fine, mods and everything, until I tried to update them.
Try what I did. Right click the TS4 file go to properties > permissions > change it to admin. And try running it.
My permissions were set to admin and they still showed the same message.

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by xEvilPanda on Sat 05 May 2018, 19:38

Has anyone here managed to fix it?
My game only works with CAS custom content only. I get the orange-something error, I just start the 64x version as admin and it works.
But as soon as I put in custom content like furniture or mods, my game crashes. I updated the cc, it's not broken or anything. It worked perfectly fine until the last 2 updates.
I tried all the "solutions" above. Nothing really works and I hate playing without my cc. :')

_________________
''by oaks and roses deliberated''
avatar
xEvilPanda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3, The sims 4, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, League Of Legends

Female

Posts : 70
Points : 581
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-06-10
Age : 19
Location : In the bed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Sun 06 May 2018, 01:56

@xEvilPanda wrote:Has anyone here managed to fix it?
My game only works with CAS custom content only. I get the orange-something error, I just start the 64x version as admin and it works.
But as soon as I put in custom content like furniture or mods, my game crashes. I updated the cc, it's not broken or anything. It worked perfectly fine until the last 2 updates.
I tried all the "solutions" above. Nothing really works and I hate playing without my cc. :')
I think your CC might have an error. You should try the fifty/fifty method, or if your CC is organised into folders like mine, remove one folder and try running the game, until you find the culprit. P.S., this didn't work for me because I'm going to assume my game isn't running because of corrupted files, but I do think it is your CC's fault for you.

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by xEvilPanda on Sun 06 May 2018, 03:10

@harmonyfollows wrote:
@xEvilPanda wrote:Has anyone here managed to fix it?
My game only works with CAS custom content only. I get the orange-something error, I just start the 64x version as admin and it works.
But as soon as I put in custom content like furniture or mods, my game crashes. I updated the cc, it's not broken or anything. It worked perfectly fine until the last 2 updates.
I tried all the "solutions" above. Nothing really works and I hate playing without my cc. :')
I think your CC might have an error. You should try the fifty/fifty method, or if your CC is organised into folders like mine, remove one folder and try running the game, until you find the culprit. P.S., this didn't work for me because I'm going to assume my game isn't running because of corrupted files, but I do think it is your CC's fault for you.
I have tried that at least 5 times by now. I do however have around 8GB of cc in my game and it takes some time.  Oh my...
I tried removing everything - the game works, I put in the CAS cc in the game - it works. But as soon 1 piece of furniture cc is in the game, it stops working.
I tried the method with removing cc but without success.
Today I removed all the cc and downloaded a random sofa from the sims resource and the game crashed again.
Not sure what could be causing my game to crash everytime I put a piece of cc for furnishing in the game but it's so frustrating cause I can't live without my cc. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Facepalm

_________________
''by oaks and roses deliberated''
avatar
xEvilPanda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3, The sims 4, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, League Of Legends

Female

Posts : 70
Points : 581
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-06-10
Age : 19
Location : In the bed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Tarac on Sun 06 May 2018, 11:10

These problems are often solved by this method:
1. Switch off your Anti-Virus
2. Extract your latest update/DLC again with Winrar
3. Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
4. Re-copy your latest update/DLC to your install folder.

However:
With problems like this the problem is in 95% caused by CC.
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3254
Points : 5774
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Sun 06 May 2018, 21:21

@Tarac wrote:These problems are often solved by this method:
1. Switch off your Anti-Virus
2. Extract your latest update/DLC again with Winrar
3. Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
4. Re-copy your latest update/DLC to your install folder.

However:
With problems like this the problem is in 95% caused by CC.
I have tried this two times, with the same message. I have no mods or cc in my games, I have removed my lilsimsie and plumbella saves, I have tried running as admin, with no avail. Should I just reinstall the entire game again, patch to patch, without removing my old install stuff? Would it save my saves?

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by xEvilPanda on Sun 06 May 2018, 22:13

@harmonyfollows wrote:
@Tarac wrote:These problems are often solved by this method:
1. Switch off your Anti-Virus
2. Extract your latest update/DLC again with Winrar
3. Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
4. Re-copy your latest update/DLC to your install folder.

However:
With problems like this the problem is in 95% caused by CC.
I have tried this two times, with the same message. I have no mods or cc in my games, I have removed my lilsimsie and plumbella saves, I have tried running as admin, with no avail. Should I just reinstall the entire game again, patch to patch, without removing my old install stuff? Would it save my saves?

Try running the TS4.exe icon instead of the 64x one. First time you should get that message. Then click on it again and it's a possibility it will disappear - it works for me. It's not a long term solution but it works. I always get this message when I try to run it with 64x.

_________________
''by oaks and roses deliberated''
avatar
xEvilPanda
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3, The sims 4, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, League Of Legends

Female

Posts : 70
Points : 581
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-06-10
Age : 19
Location : In the bed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 May 2018, 23:16

Welcome to the Forum @harmonyfollows,

There is (maybe) another possibility; namely letting your TS4 installation get "repaired" by ZLOrigin. First off, see here for a guide on ZLOrigin, and install this thing.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple

Move your installation folder of The Sims 4 under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games. If you don't have an "Origin Games"-folder, create one.

After you moved your TS4 install folder there, sign into ZClient and then start ZLOrigin. After a little while you should see the game library. Scroll down a bit and look for The Sims 4. Right-click on it. Do you see an option named "Repair"?

I'm not entirely sure if ZLOrigin would 'recognize' the folder that way, but let's see. For now what we want to do is to try avoid you having to re-download the entire game.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16463
Points : 22070
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by harmonyfollows on Mon 07 May 2018, 04:17

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum @harmonyfollows,

There is (maybe) another possibility; namely letting your TS4 installation get "repaired" by ZLOrigin. First off, see here for a guide on ZLOrigin, and install this thing.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple

Move your installation folder of The Sims 4 under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games. If you don't have an "Origin Games"-folder, create one.

After you moved your TS4 install folder there, sign into ZClient and then start ZLOrigin. After a little while you should see the game library. Scroll down a bit and look for The Sims 4. Right-click on it. Do you see an option named "Repair"?

I'm not entirely sure if ZLOrigin would 'recognize' the folder that way, but let's see. For now what we want to do is to try avoid you having to re-download the entire game.
I have already moved the entire install folder into Origin Games. I launched ZLOrigin, but I did not see TS4 in "My Games". I did wait, and start it up again, but it was not up.

_________________
Em-
  “You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
avatar
harmonyfollows
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 8
Points : 188
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-03-29
Age : 29
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Tarac on Mon 07 May 2018, 13:03

Open Zclient
Open ZLOrigin
In ZLOrigin click left top on the .word Origin
Click on Application Settings
Click on Advanced
You'll see: "Your games will be installed to the following location"
Move your install folder The Sims 4 to that location.
When that's finished let ZLOrigin repair your game.

After the repair:
In case the location of the install folder now is in a folder Origin, origin games, ZlOrigin games, Electronic Arts, move it back to the earlier location f.e. Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.
Delete the folder Game
Re-copy the folder Game from your latest DLC or update to your install folder again.

NOTE: When you had your game already repaired by ZLOrigin, then first have a look at the location indicated by "Your games will be installed to the following location".
Good chance that ZLOrigin placed the complete game there.
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3254
Points : 5774
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 07 May 2018, 17:32

@harmonyfollows wrote:I have already moved the entire install folder into Origin Games. I launched ZLOrigin, but I did not see TS4 in "My Games". I did wait, and start it up again, but it was not up.


I have another suggestion that differs from Tarac's solution. Go inside your TS4 installation, under Origin Games. DELETE the folder "Game". Now grab the one here: https://goo.gl/mVhJBy

Place it inside your TS4 install folder. Make sure to be logged off ZClient/ZLOrigin.

Now go under another subfolder: __Installer. Look for the "Touchup.exe" file. Right-click on it and choose "Create shortcut". You may end up with an error message that the "shortcut cannot be created in this location". Just agree to create the shortcut on the desktop then.

Now look for that "Touchup.exe - Shortcut". Right-click on it and choose "Properties". Look for the line "Target" then, and click at the end of the line of code, where the (end-)quotation mark is. Hit the space bar once, and put the following parameters in.

Code:
install -locale en_US -installPath "C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4" -autologging 


So that the whole line of code under "Target", look like this.

Code:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer\Touchup.exe" install -locale en_US -installPath "C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4" -autologging 

Click on Apply -> OK, in the Properties window of the "Touchup.exe - Shortcut". Close the window. Now double-click on the shortcut and wait about 10 seconds. Log into ZClient/ZLOrigin then. See if now your TS4 shows up as "installed". If so you can right-click on the game's thumbnail and choose "repair".

If that still does not work, you will have to consider re-downloading this thing, through ZLOrigin. It's good to have a "parallel-running" ZLOrigin-installation of TS4, plus the classic "offline TS4". In the event something is borked up, you can let your TS4 installation repair through ZLOrigin.

The reason that simply moving folders into Origin Games does not make the games actually show up is, that in Origin/ZLOrigin you need to go through the awkward install procedure for the games to "register" properly. I've seen it myself when moving to a new computer, that I couldn't simply back up the install folders, because putting them back into the new computer will still make them not recognizable. The above tweak with the Touchup.exe - Shortcut is a possible workaround to the problem, though we have not tested it sufficiently yet.

In Steam for example, you can simply move game install folders "back in", and they will be automatically (re-)recognized by Steam, and you won't be forced to re-download the games. But stupid Origin works differently (and ZLOrigin is based on Origin).

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16463
Points : 22070
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start: "required game data is missing or damaged"- Sims 4 not working after new update

Post by Laninani on Thu 31 May 2018, 23:20

Hiyah! Sorry about your inconvenience. I was wondering if you tried to delete the Default.ini file in your game folder. It might be a little easier than redownloading your game Oh my...

Laninani
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4

Posts : 2
Points : 132
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum