Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store. Empty Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:00

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Sims 3 Complete Store, but it refuses to show up in the Downloads section of the launcher. I've gone through recent posts concerning this, though I can't find anything with the exact same circumstances - I'm using Windows 10, and there's no Electronic Arts / Sims 3 folder in My Documents by default, if that changes anything.

I originally placed the folders in the Program Files folder, then created Electronic Arts and Sims 3 folders in Documents and put them over there, but that's not working either.

I have all expansion packs other than Island Paradise, Into the Future, and Showtime on Origin. I downloaded Showtime and the following Stuff Packs from the site: Diesel Stuff, Town Life Stuff, 70s 80s & 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff.

Has anyone else had this issue but solved it? Is there a way I can get the Complete Store to work on Windows 10?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store. Empty Re: Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:20

First of all: When you have played the game before, there MUST be a The Sims 3 folder in User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so most probably you now have 2 such folders. One created by the game itself and one you made manually.
In windows 10 clcik in the taskbar on the magnifying glass and type version.tag in it.
You'll now see all foldors with version.tag in it. No doubt there is also one for the Sims 3.
Rightclick on it and select open file location.

Back to top Go down

Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store. Empty Re: Trouble installing Sims 3 Complete Store.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Aug 2017, 18:58

EdmundS wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to install the Sims 3 Complete Store, but it refuses to show up in the Downloads section of the launcher. I've gone through recent posts concerning this, though I can't find anything with the exact same circumstances - I'm using Windows 10, and there's no Electronic Arts / Sims 3 folder in My Documents by default, if that changes anything.

I originally placed the folders in the Program Files folder, then created Electronic Arts and Sims 3 folders in Documents and put them over there, but that's not working either.

I have all expansion packs other than Island Paradise, Into the Future, and Showtime on Origin. I downloaded Showtime and the following Stuff Packs from the site: Diesel Stuff, Town Life Stuff, 70s 80s & 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff.

Has anyone else had this issue but solved it? Is there a way I can get the Complete Store to work on Windows 10?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum,

Also check whether you have this "OneDrive" active on your current system. If you do, please de-activate it, start the game once, and exit once you get to the main menu. See if the folder shows up again under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 00:14

Tarac wrote:First of all: When you have played the game before, there MUST be a The Sims 3 folder in User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, so most probably you now have 2 such folders. One created by the game itself and one you made manually.
In windows 10 clcik in the taskbar on the magnifying glass and type version.tag in it.
You'll now see all foldors with version.tag in it. No doubt there is also one for the Sims 3.
Rightclick on it and select open file location.

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum,

Also check whether you have this "OneDrive" active on your current system. If you do, please de-activate it, start the game once, and exit once you get to the main menu. See if the folder shows up again under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Using version.tag I managed to find the right folder under OneDrive. I've put everything into there and all appears to be working now. Thanks for the help in getting everything working!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top