Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods Empty Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jan 2016, 08:50

Have a legit copy of sims 3 from origin
Downloaded the mods I wanted from here
Following the "Must read How To Install Sim 3 Correctly" guide I downloaded the 2 things linked in it (the manual patches)

Run TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update as admin and get "This setup has determined no version of the sims 3 installed. this update requires that a previous version be installed.

Try to skip that and go into the downloaded mods, extract them and auto run but Im left with a "enter product code here" and after watching videos of people installing these mods they say the codes are in the pack but I can't find it.

Am I just using the wrong version of that manual patch since the guide was posted over 2 years ago?

Back to top Go down

Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods Empty Re: Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jan 2016, 20:32

ok...I found the codes..Im retarded..close this thread

edit: just a quick question though before you do, when it says select which packs you want to play as and you select all I assume all packs will load and you'll have mods galore? or can you only play with one at a time

Back to top Go down

Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods Empty Re: Having trouble installing all these sims 3 mods

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jan 2016, 09:56

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I assume you're talking about expansionpacks? I'm a little confused as to the message you're getting asking which packs you want to play. I've never heard of that. Can you show a screenshot?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 01:08

the game runs like crap, no fix can solve the lag issues on a 2 grand computer. FPS indicator in game says its running at 60 fps but every 2 seconds it goes down to 10 fps. Wont be playing sims 3 anymore, maybe I'll try sims 4 but the graphics look so cartoony and there doesnt seem to be farming in the game or nectar making which is what I liked to do. Also the obvious problem is there doesnt seem to be many expansions for the sims 4 to download off here. Shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Jan 2016, 01:31

dudejake00 wrote:the game runs like crap, no fix can solve the lag issues on a 2 grand computer. FPS indicator in game says its running at 60 fps but every 2 seconds it goes down to 10 fps. Wont be playing sims 3 anymore, maybe I'll try sims 4 but the graphics look so cartoony and there doesnt seem to be farming in the game or nectar making which is what I liked to do. Also the obvious problem is there doesnt seem to be many expansions for the sims 4 to download off here. Shame.

Hello and sorry to hear about all that,

The Sims 3 is known for not being a very "optimized" game, due to poor programming. All these lag/crash/poor performance issues are attributed by most people to hardware issues, when in fact, it is (really) for the most part just due to poor programming of the game, by EA or whoever they hire to do these things. You could have a 10,000 USD computer, and still run into issues with that game.

If you haven't seen them yet, there are these 2 threads, which you may want to look at (but I'm not sure if they can help in your case):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-fps-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Also, about The Sims 4, it is still a "relatively new" game, and not much official content has been released yet by EA. Games4theworld's stuff on Sims 4 includes the base game as well as all commercially available DLC, until the "Get together"-expansion pack.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top