Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma Empty Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 16:50

Hello games for the world!   I tip my fedora.

I've been playing with your games and updating with it for almost two years now ( thank you for the wonderful memories) and this is my first time posting on your articulate site (oh & dont get alarmed by the title btw) im just a wee bit side tracked is all. Enough with the formalities; heres my so called dilemma

1) Downloaded the fix (Base game only) using the Mirror 1(cause I have mondo slow connection and unable to download dem torrents and have 0 patience points) link through Mega from this link/post games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix (bless you guys have for being thoughtful Very Happy )

2) Finished download, and here it is, when I unzipped the file it goes halfway only (70% if you want the specifics) and it says the thing where the archive is damaged/file is incomplete/can't complete operation etc

Just wanna let you know if you guys left any parts in that download or it could be my connection problem but I tried it twice just to make sure aaannd same thing occurs

The only folders that were extracted is the

Installer
Data

I know what to do after the downloading and where to put the folders cause I still have the archaic but still valuable pdf instructions you guys left for us in the old "Ultimate Fixes" (those were the days)

Anyway,  is it my connection or that Mega probably left out a few files from me or could it be something else? My winRaR?  Btw I've used this for all your "Ultimate Fixes" from V 1.0 till 1. 25 no updates were installed on my winRar whatsoever. Uh,  no rushing for this because I'm still on V 1. 25 and still having a blast (for now) and if this topic has been point out is there a link to it? I did a search already but I think I didn't put in the correct search query   Oh my...

Finally you reached the end of my post (finally!  No shit, Sherlock. )
Thank you for reading it and thanks again for your hardwork and memories G4TW *hugs I love you

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma Empty Re: Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 18:04

I guess the download was not fully completed.
Download it again.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma Empty Re: Ultimate Fix (Update Only V 1. 31) dilemma

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 18:20

Heya!

Thank you for the fast reply, apparently I forgot to mention 1 bit  Facepalm  actually 2.96 gbits of it. Ha

Its supposed to be 2.82 gb right?  but when I look at the winRar file detail its 2.96 gb

Hmmmmmm Hmmm, sure?  

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Aug 2017, 18:50

Ur0b0r0s wrote:
Heya!

Thank you for the fast reply, apparently I forgot to mention 1 bit  Facepalm  actually 2.96 gbits of it. Ha

Its supposed to be 2.82 gb right?  but when I look at the winRar file detail its 2.96 gb

Hmmmmmm Hmmm, sure?  

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

The current update-only should indeed be 2.82GB in filesize. If you cannot get it working with the direct download links, please give the torrent links a shot.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Aug 2017, 19:54

I do apologize but i have a rocky relationship with the torrent client. I dunno whats wrong with it but it keeps on being idle and not downloading and i even searched on youtube on how to resolve the "connecting to peers" idle thing. I just dunno, when I torrented the base game in the past it was sluggish but at least it was downloading.

Ugh  What he said.

Thats why i prefer direct downloads nowadays

I'll give it a shot but it'll be a looonnnggg time for that to happen *sigh* guess im sticking to 1.25 for a while and I probably shouldn't delete the already downloaded Fix (should I? It took two hours  Why. )

But when my torrent finally works (amen) though i'll let you know and judging from the forum's help section, i'll definitely get my answer you guys are awesome cheers  

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Aug 2017, 20:54

Ur0b0r0s wrote:
I do apologize but i have a rocky relationship with the torrent client. I dunno whats wrong with it but it keeps on being idle and not downloading and i even searched on youtube on how to resolve the "connecting to peers" idle thing. I just dunno, when I torrented the base game in the past it was sluggish but at least it was downloading.

Ugh  What he said.

Thats why i prefer direct downloads nowadays

I'll give it a shot but it'll be a looonnnggg time for that to happen *sigh* guess im sticking to 1.25 for a while and I probably shouldn't delete the already downloaded Fix (should I? It took two hours  Why. )

But when my torrent finally works (amen) though i'll let you know and judging from the forum's help section, i'll definitely get my answer you guys are awesome cheers   

What about the guide here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top