Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 5? Empty The Sims 5?

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 21:12

I just read on facebook that they are going to start working on sims 5 only if they start seeing people buying alot of the packages for sims 4. Im like wtf yall still havent delivered on seasons, world adventures and unversity life for sims 4 and now you jumping to sims 5.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 5? Empty Re: The Sims 5?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 23:16

I found this here:
http://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-5-rumors/

I'll quote some brief excerpts:

The Gamer wrote:8. Rumor: The Lack Of Sims 4 Content Could Mean The Sims 5 Is Already In Development

LOL. 

The Gamer wrote:14. Rumor: The Customization System Will Receive An Overhaul

However, like many features of this installation, the developers – for some strange reason – decided to remove a vast majority of the customization options. This has profoundly limited the characters in terms of fashion choices and material.

As the article hinted in a different place, I also think one of the motivations in the entire TS4 game was to make it playable for little kids (and tired/frustrated adults looking for some distraction). Achieved through "simplifying" everything, even if it meant the removal of some things/features.

The Gamer wrote:6. Rumor: It Will Be A Vast Improvement On Previous Games

Many wouldn’t be surprised to find out that The Sims 4 hasn’t performed as well as EA and Maxis had initially planned. The developers of the series have even chosen to speak out about the financial crisis that threatens the series – and as it turns out, the next installment of The Sims relies solely on the success of the fourth game.

The real question: what could you possibly do different in the game? Most of the "rumors" mentioned in the article are the usual generic yada-yada: more realism, more (customization) options, more interactivity, more content, better gameplay, etc. You could take e.g. The Sims 3 and then improve technical optimization, add more features in it, and make it better in the end. But would I myself pay for such a The Sims 5? Probably not, because I played so much The Sims 3, that I saw nearly everything.

One new thing you could introduce is, like the article mentioned, VR-capability, since that seems more and more of a thing now. OK. 

Another feature that could be interesting is some sort of multiplayer mode where you can interact with other player's sim(s), something the article doesn't mention. Then again, they may not want to go the same route as Second Life.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 20:23

The Sims 4 base game has sold more than 6 million copies. So I guess all those rumors are just false as the game is doing extremely well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 13 Sep 2017, 23:33

KidDude wrote:The Sims 4 base game has sold more than 6 million copies. So I guess all those rumors are just false as the game is doing extremely well.

I wonder how many of those sales are from people who bought this thing for the Gallery access, though. Or because they thought they could add cracked DLC "into" their Origin accounts. And let's not forget the people buying part of a game series in order to make them feel "less guilty" when pirating new updates or DLC. A.k.a. I don't think numbers alone have to mean much.

And I don't think that - apart from little kids who haven't played the earlier Sims titles - anybody will want a Sims 5 that simply repacks or rehashes features from previous games. My guess would be that they will try considering some form of online play in Sims 5, to make something new.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 18:30

Making a multiplayer thingie in the game is a very big stunt. But if it's implemented well, it'll be amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 22:01

According to Wikipedia, The Sims 4 has sold 5 million copies, not even close to The Sims 2. But then again, just because the game could sell over a million copies doesn't mean the fan base remains faithful. E.g. The Sims 2 sold fewer than The Sims 3 but the fan base remains larger than The Sims 3.

Now I'm wondering how many The Sims 4 EP, GP, and SP has been sold to this date given that it has 22 add ons, the most in the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Sep 2017, 18:11

johannshah wrote:E.g. The Sims 2 sold fewer than The Sims 3 but the fan base remains larger than The Sims 3.

In addition to that let's not forget that The Sims 2 - when compared to The Sims 1 - was almost a quantum leap ahead. Not just because it was in 3D, but also because of its gameplay. I imagine the excitement back then must have been tremendous about TS2. And by the time TS3 came out people were already somewhat spoiled, so the excitement may have been a bit smaller.

Comparable to e.g. way back when electricity became available to the common people. People must have also been wondering in awe, so that when newer & efficient power lines were introduced, the wonder was less.

Will The Sims 5 be a quantum leap or revolution compared to previous titles? Not impossible, but it will be tough.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Sep 2017, 18:27

Unless The Sims 5 proves to be a real quantum leap I don't give it much of a chance.
People get bored and as a result you see many falling back to The Sims 3.
Seasons must be the next expansion or else more and more players will turn their backs on the Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:12

Polarbear wrote:Unless The Sims 5 proves to be a real quantum leap I don't give it much of a chance.

Then we'll just move on to Minecraft or YouTuber's Life.

Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 18:11

Hello,

Long time lurker whose taken an interest in this topic.

In my personal opinion, as someone who purchased Sims 4 only AFTER it "Got Good", I'm really not looking too forward to TS5 aside from having something to communally mock. I honestly expect its launch to be worse than TS4. This is what I've noticed:

TS1 -> TS2 was a big jump in graphics, interactions, customization and overall gameplay. 

TS2 -> TS3 was a HUGE jump in the above categories to the point where some people missed the overall simplicity and went back to TS2 (By no means did that mean 3 was a failure)

TS4, after its predecessor, felt more like a downgrade with gameplay "Changes" instead of improvements. More Customization here / less customization there, but definitely better graphics and one could argue "easier play ability".

Now TS5 already has a huge obstacle to overcome and that's gamer's opinions of TS4's entire lifespan. I personally feel like its not finished and hope they don't attempt a launch of a new title until this one has been completed.

Some things I am hopeful for, however, is improvements instead of changes.

TS4, to me, feels like it should have come after TS2. They have very similar Gameplay styles and TS4 feels like beautiful evolution of 2. If EA can hustle backwards like that for one game, why not for the other?

if TS5 looks anything like TS3 in what they did with Open World gameplay and open recolor options, ALL they would need to do for me is upgrade or KEEP the graphics style of TS4, improve "Emotions" and maaaayyyybbbe create a default scale difference between Teen - Adult / Male - Female Sims: not a huge difference, but noticeable. (Its a really minor request, I know, but I can't be the only one who wants it).

That's my personal opinion on the subject. If they revisit the Game Play and openness of TS3 with all the upgraded goodies of TS4, they can have my money. If not, don't waste your Seeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Oct 2017, 18:29

A major drawback on the Sims 3 was that often, even with a good computer and a good graphics card, one could not play the game with all DLC's.
Reason why update 1.69 made it possible to switch off unwanted expansions.
The Sims 5 should have the gameplay of TS3 with less strain on the PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2018, 12:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
KidDude wrote:The Sims 4 base game has sold more than 6 million copies. So I guess all those rumors are just false as the game is doing extremely well.

I wonder how many of those sales are from people who bought this thing for the Gallery access, though. Or because they thought they could add cracked DLC "into" their Origin accounts. And let's not forget the people buying part of a game series in order to make them feel "less guilty" when pirating new updates or DLC. A.k.a. I don't think numbers alone have to mean much.

And I don't think that - apart from little kids who haven't played the earlier Sims titles - anybody will want a Sims 5 that simply repacks or rehashes features from previous games. My guess would be that they will try considering some form of online play in Sims 5, to make something new.
no, online play, that would ruin the sims game feeling, it would turn it into 3d facebook or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2018, 04:33

Ena87 wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

no, online play, that would ruin the sims game feeling, it would turn it into 3d facebook or something.

3d facebook? more like imvu. im at that stage with sims 4 where i'm leaning to go back to sims 3, just installing cc on 3 is a pain  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Apr 2018, 23:43

Ena87 wrote:no, online play, that would ruin the sims game feeling, it would turn it into 3d facebook or something.

I don't like the idea either, but "online" is the trend these days. If they really introduce some online component, I guess there would still be a singleplayer mode too; maybe even some co-op style modes where you can invite friends only, etc.

Either that, orrrrr...they start getting creative with their singleplayer-only gamemode. I think I mentioned it earlier here, but in case not: what would they do dramatically different in a potential Sims 5? It's clear that the creativity-level in the TS4 content is literally taking a nosedive. And just re-hashing the old stuff over and over (Pets, Seasons, Toddlers, etc.) alone isn't going to cut it.

It would appear that The Sims (4) is still popular, but that is in my opinion mostly because there is no real "alternative" - yet. There are a couple of games that feel somewhat similar in gameplay like The Sims (YouTuber's Life, E-Sports Life), but in essence EA have no competition in that game genre.

Scuxxx wrote:
3d facebook? more like imvu. im at that stage with sims 4 where i'm leaning to go back to sims 3, just installing cc on 3 is a pain  Why God.

While I think that this genre of "general life simulation games" may not necessarily have a viable future, there are still The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Very Happy  As for TS3 CC, you should be able to install most .sims3pack files with CC Magic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

(instead of using EA's atrocious "launcher").

However, .package files are the way to go, wherever possible. Games4theworld's complete store collection torrent (on the main website) for example, consists mostly of .package files, that you just need to put under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, basically. I myself converted a couple of .sims3pack into .packages, using Delphy's Extractor.

Also noteworthy in this context, that there is no "store system" in The Sims 4. My guess is they left it out partly due to dumbing down simplifying The Sims 4, and maybe also because they thought it would most likely get cracked anyway, so the work effort wasn't considered to be worth it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 5? Empty I agree

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2018, 13:53

I am not touching five Ea cares nothing about the simmers anymore it all about the money I was told Season will be the last expansion so no university or any more supernatural sad if you ask me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 08:48

Luckily, that is not the case. They are planning Sims 4 content for the next three years. There are many articles on gaming websites about it. We will get University, it is just a matter of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2018, 04:50

i'm pretty sure EA is leaning more towards Sims mobile then concentrating its resources on PC alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2018, 05:12

Sims University is the next one or automobiles or sims adventures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:17

Scuxxx wrote:
Ena87 wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Well, TS3 has also this social media thing since Showtime. You can connect to facebook and there is this simport. I always turned those things off. First off all i don't have facebook and second i don't like simport nor that i use it.
Installing cc on ts3 a pain? It's a bit more work then with ts2, since by default there is no downloadfolder (you can download the framework from simswiki though, the wiki from mod the sims) and now you have an override folder as well. And with adding sims3packs you need that damn launcher, where in the sims 2 you just use clean installer from Mootilda to install it and can even prevent corruption with it. Also, all the stuff from sims3packs are installed in DCbackup and DCcache as well. But overall it's not really a pain, just more work. If if you got alot of cc, like i have, then you're busy for a while. Ah well, keeps you out from the streets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top