Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game? Empty Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 17:33

so i've downloaded sims 3 expansions here in the past so when i decided that sims 4 vanilla was too boring i decided to get some packs for that as well. (i have the offical sims4 base game) i used utorrent to get all the .rar files, i unzipped them, and applied them to my C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 (i moved it from electronic arts to its own file like the directions said). i believe i followed the directions perfectly and everything was in the right place, but when i open the game i get the "origin needs to be running" error, and when i leave origin open, theres no packs in my game. i read all other forum posts about this issue and did the following:

-I closed origin with task manager before opening my game. i recieved the "origin must run to play this game" error and it wouldnt start.

-I left origin open when it opened itself but my game insisted on downloading an update that is apparently 20 hours long.( i paused it because i was afraid it would mess things up) when sims did open with origin open, it had no expansions and i received a pop up saying my saved games had a newer patch than i was running at the moment (explains why my origin had a million updates running)

-i factory reset and used a whole new sims 4 file

-ran origin offline & ran it online

i really would rather not use the ultimate fix because it took me forever to get these games to download and i don't want to re do it if its probably not going to help.

So i guess my questions are: what on earth did i do wrong? all of my packs seem to be in the right place. i really didn't want to have to make my own forum post, but every other one i found with this issue was on a linux ( im on windows 8 so it doesn't exactly help )or ended up with someone linking them back to the original instructions WHICH I HAVE READ OVER AND OVER AGAIN. i assume i'm missing something or skipped a step. if anyone could help that would be great Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game? Empty Re: Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 17:40

i also forgot to mention that once when i attempted to start up the game without origin it will actually open but end up stuck on the spinning plumbob for like 45 minutes and for some reason i just started it up and its doing that again. ill probabaly let it load longer this time instead of using task mnaager to cancel it.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game? Empty Re: Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 17:54

Hi @coldsoup and welcome to the forum!

Take note: The ultimate fix is intended for those who only wants their base game to be updated to 1.33 (currently). As such, your DLCs will be gone if you apply that fix. Seeing that you want to play the game with DLCs, avoid any ultimate and update-only fix in future.

Regarding origin, by right, you are not supposed to have it running or even open. Seeing that you have the base game, should you run origin, it will update the game for you, (as it had already done so), unless you turn off automatic updates for the game. 

Every game uses the same stored 'data' folder which is in Documents\EA\The Sims 4. I'd suggest should you wish to play the legit base game, to rename your current folder to The Sims 4_crack so that a new sims 4 documents will be created. And when you want to play the crack version, rename the new sims 4 to The Sims 4_Origin and The Sims 4_crack to The Sims 4. The guide for this can be found at the link below:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

For now, rename your current Sims 4 folder in Documents to sims4backup, and paste these .dll files to your Game\Bin. Run the game as administrator and see if any error still comes up.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-33-38-1020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:00

Thank you! i will try that and reply back if it solves anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:15

Okay so i did that but now im getting an error saying my video card is out of date or cannot run the game or something. not sure if you are familiar with that error or if i should get a screenshot. im pretty sure my norton didnt delete any of the files i added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:19

Sims 4 games downloaded perfectly but not showing up in game? Dddddd10this is what my bin looks like right now. am i missing anything or are there any doubles in here ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:22

Go to your folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and remove the file Config.log.
The start your game again.

Also, based on your screenshot you have a couple of files called DiP_STAGED.
That means that they are not yet installed completely.
Most probably they are caused by an (unfinished) ZLOrigin or Origin installation .

EDIT:
I also noted a .rar file. That should be unpacked first.

Last edited by Polarbear on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:30

Polarbear wrote:Go to your folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and remove the file Config.log.
The start your game again.

Also, based on your screenshot you have a couple of files called DiP_STAGED.
That means that they are not yet installed completely.
Most probably they are caused by an (unfinished) ZLOrigin or Origin installation .
will the dip_staged files cause a problem? i deleted the config file and it didn't change anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 18:36

The dip-staged files are incomplete files, the installation still has to finish.
Maybe you broke off an installation.
Redo it again.

Your Game/Bin folder is pretty messed up.
I suggest you either remove all installations and start again OR you let ZLOrigin repair your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Oct 2017, 21:22

ok well now its just saying that my graphics card cant run the game. should i run it as like windows 7 or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:22

Hi @coldsoup ,

By now you should have already restarted your pc at least once. Try running the game as administrator again. I had this problem recently after messing around with my game files and the next day I was able to load it.

Else, you can run the troubleshoot compatibility to see if it can run.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top