Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED] Empty Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 21:24

So I have a cracked Sims game (always have). I'm not sure where I downloaded the base game and expansion packs originally but I did download the Pets expansion from here. Anyway, I wanted to update my game to 1.29 so I came across the one here and applied the fix.

At first, it worked. Kinda. The game would load and everything but once I went to load a town the game would crash and it said that something had gone wrong and Windows was trying to fix the problem.

So then I decided to fix this problem. Re did everything. Then it just stopped working altogether. Then I downloaded Pets and applied the fix and it was still broken. Now I get "Unable to Start Game - Service Initialization Failed (0x024e424f)" whenever I try to start it.

I've tried to apply the manual patch but it won't let me. My game is currently patched to 1.29.55. I followed all the steps in the Installation guide for the fix. I have even tried running the game as an admin and that hasn't worked. I don't have any mods that have not been updated for this patch/expansion pack but I have not tried running the game without CC because nothing has ever conflicted and I've checked to make sure everything is up to date. I have removed mods that would cause the most conflict (Nraas' Story Progression and Master Controller, for example) even though they've never caused me problems. And I actually only wanted to patch my game so I can run awesomemod (which I do not currently have so that it's conflicting either).

Someone help. I miss playing Sims. ): Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 20 Jan 2012, 22:31

Hello,

First of all, try re-downloading the latest version of the Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
After that, re-apply it and see if it solves your problem.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Applied the Ultimate Fix, still have problems.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 22:34

I have already done that today. I should have specified that downloading Pets and applying the fix all happened today so I've already used the latest version of the fix.

Also, I don't know if it's relevant but at one point when I went to start up my game it told me that it did not detect a graphics card and I saw somewhere (although only briefly and only once) that occasionally that error is related to a graphics issue. My game has never crashed according to a graphics issue before, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 20 Jan 2012, 22:52

Hello,

Ah, I see.
With the release of Pets, the requirements for the game drastically changed. So it's possible that your PC can't run the game. If you PC can run The Sims 3, it doesn't mean that it can run Pets.
Test your system to see if it supports Pets: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Awaiting the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 23:07

Sooo now I feel really stupid. I managed to get the manual installation of the patch to work (I'm not sure why it wouldn't before, it just kept giving me errors) and then I applied the crack from the fix again (without replacing all the other game files for the other expansions, just the crack) and it works now. Smile

At least it did five minutes ago. Let's hope it still does. :p Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 21 Jan 2012, 08:41

Hello,
Glad to see your problem is solved. Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
Don't hesitate to post if you run into problems again. Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top