Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 On External Hard Drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 On External Hard Drive Empty Sims 3 On External Hard Drive

Post by Guest Fri 27 Oct 2017, 18:36

My apologies if this has been posted before, but I wasn't sure how to search it since it's so specific. A few months ago I moved all of my Sims 3 games to my external hard drive, everything is perfect there. Anyway today I'm cleaning up my computer and I noticed all of the Sims 3 games are still under my control panel. My question is are they supposed to be there even though my game is on my external drive? Can I delete them to free up the space that I wanted when I originally moved the games? It just confused me seeing that. Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 On External Hard Drive Empty Re: Sims 3 On External Hard Drive

Post by Guest Fri 27 Oct 2017, 19:01

As far as I know, you cannot move a sims 3 installation to another location. You must delete the old installation and install everything again on your (externa) hard disk.
When you did not remove the Sims 3 it still is visible in Control Panel.

As you state that everything is working fine, I suggest NOT to delete the entries in Control Panel. It only takes approx 1 kb of disk space there, so you're not gaining anything at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Oct 2017, 19:37

Polarbear wrote:As far as I know, you cannot move a sims 3 installation to another location. You must delete the old installation and install everything again on your (externa) hard disk.
When you did not remove the Sims 3 it still is visible in Control Panel.

As you state that everything is working fine, I suggest NOT to delete the entries in Control Panel. It only takes approx 1 kb of disk space there, so you're not gaining anything at all.

I'm quite aware of how to install ts3 on a hard drive, as I have done it already and uninstalled everything from the computer itself. They're only in the control panel as well, but when I go to settings - storage - applications they aren't there, but they are there on the hard drive when I do the same thing on there. And they're actually taking up much more than just 1 kb based on what the control panel that's why I was even concerned with it. I just wondered why that was is all.

//EDIT

Never mind, I figured out why they're there. From what I've been reading if any program that needs to execute is installed on a hard drive and uses a proper windows installer it will show up in your programs. Weird, but it makes perfect sense why it's under my control panel but not really on my computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top