Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2 Empty The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 15:13

Hi, I have a similar question as the last one I asked a few time back (vìhttps://www.games4theworld.club/t34869-the-sims-on-external-hard-drive-solved). It worked just fine, but now I want to ask something else: what if I want to play the Sims 4 on my brothers computer with my savings and cc, without putting my folder on his computer and override his savings? I mean, is it possible to change the path for the folder on Documents, I meanm just occasionally? My brother in his computer has the game and his savings. In order for me to play with my savings and cc, I would have to move the folder on his computer and then rename his folder, right? What if I want to keep my folder on the hard drive, but I also want the game to find his folder on his hard drive too? I have to change the registry everytime I want to play and then put it back to how it was for him to play? 
OMG, what did I say? Is it clear? Did you understand? LOL. Anyway, thanks!

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2 Empty Re: The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 15:18

Create a new account on the computer.
That new account his its own Documents folder.
When you login under that new account you can play your own games as soon as you have copied your \Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder to this new folder Documents

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2 Empty Re: The sims 4 on external hard drive - part 2

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 May 2019, 18:25

Dia wrote:Hi, I have a similar question as the last one I asked a few time back (vìhttps://www.games4theworld.club/t34869-the-sims-on-external-hard-drive-solved). It worked just fine, but now I want to ask something else: what if I want to play the Sims 4 on my brothers computer with my savings and cc, without putting my folder on his computer and override his savings? I mean, is it possible to change the path for the folder on Documents, I meanm just occasionally? My brother in his computer has the game and his savings. In order for me to play with my savings and cc, I would have to move the folder on his computer and then rename his folder, right? What if I want to keep my folder on the hard drive, but I also want the game to find his folder on his hard drive too? I have to change the registry everytime I want to play and then put it back to how it was for him to play? 
OMG, what did I say? Is it clear? Did you understand? LOL. Anyway, thanks!

Indeed, creating a secondary user account (on your brother's computer) is probably the easiest solution, especially if you are new to all of this.

I myself am doing this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

It does say it's about "G4TW and Origin versions", but you can basically apply the same principle to your own situation too. Again, since you seem to be new to this kind of problem, I would also recommend to just create a secondary user account.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top