Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install on second drive.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Install on second drive. Empty Install on second drive.

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2019, 08:56

Hello everyone!

I just had a quick question that I could not find the answer to searching easily...how would one install The Sims 4 on another hard drive? I have my C drive, but I want to install the game on my D drive. When I attempted to install the base game, I put the D drive as the target, but it still installed on the C drive...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Install on second drive. Empty Re: Install on second drive.

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2019, 09:17

The G4TW download for the base game alwayus installs in C:\Program Filkes(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
When that's done, just move the folder The Sims 4 obver to your D drive.
The install other DLC by copying the files/folders from the downloads to your The Sims 4 folder on drive D

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Feb 2019, 00:47

AlwaysSimming wrote:Hello everyone!

I just had a quick question that I could not find the answer to searching easily...how would one install The Sims 4 on another hard drive? I have my C drive, but I want to install the game on my D drive. When I attempted to install the base game, I put the D drive as the target, but it still installed on the C drive...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Just an additional thought:

I presume that in the past you probably have had TS4 (with at least some of the updates/DLC) installed earlier, but for some reason you now want to install the game again. You can also backup your entire TS4 installation folder on an external hard-drive, so that in a later scenario you don't need to go through the tedious install routine again.

Additional recommendation: pack the TS4 installation folder into a .rar/.7z archive, or maybe even an .iso image file. Yes, this packing/unpacking process takes a little time, but it will greatly reduce the risk of file corruption later on.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 03:52

can i ask a question on this.. do you have to change anything in any of the files to change the location? or simply move the whole folder and then just start the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 10:30

You can simply move them to another drive. All you have to change is the shortcut.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top