Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't respond in live mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't respond in live mode Empty Sims 3 won't respond in live mode

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2018, 03:32

I just recently got The Sims 3 to run on laptop, but after being is CAS, (which works like a charm) and putting my household into their house (again, works perfectly fine) and went into gameplay, it just stops for a few seconds and doesn't respond anymore.

I've tried doing everything the forums say what's best to do, but nothing seems to be going hand in hand when it's going into Live Mode, as it's the same result every time.

Thanks in advance for the person who can help me with this!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't respond in live mode Empty Re: Sims 3 won't respond in live mode

Post by Dracos66 Fri 30 Mar 2018, 04:32

If its your first time loading the game it may take a few minutes, during which the game may not respond to you. The length of time is proportionate to the amount of expansion and/or stuff packs you have installed as well as any CC you added.

My game takes about 5 minutes to fully load but I not only have all the expansion and stuff packs installed, I also have about 600 CC items at the moment ( I have had as many as 2000 CC Items).

If you have any CC installed there may be a conflict with CAS caused by a piece of clothing, a hair style, etc. thats causing the game to hang going back into live mode. Try running the game with no CC to see if the issue persists.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2018, 04:37

I did as you told me, but the problem still persisted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sat 31 Mar 2018, 05:09

OK which version of the Sims 3 are you using? Origin? Steam? G4TW cracked? Retail (un-cracked)? What expansions and stuff packs do you have installed? Are they cracked or legit? Which patch level are you running? 1.67? 1.69 (Origin only)?

What are your system specs? OS? RAM? GPU? CPU?

We can try the tried and true trick of forcing the game to recreate it files. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts and rename The Sims 3 folder to something like The_Sims_3_Backup. Now launch the game and wait for it to load completely. Start a new game and see if the issue persists.

If the issue no longer affects the game you can then start copying your save games, mods, and etc. from the backup folder to the new game folder. Do this with one or two items at a time though and test in game to see if the issue repeats itself. If the game acts up, remove the last one or two items you added, delete the scriptcache.package file, all the files in DCCache and all files except ccmerged.package from DCBackup and try again.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top