Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED] Empty Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 05:47

So I have placed everything from the torrent into my game folder...and there's no freaking green Expansion icon listed in the freaking menu...and I'm getting really impatient having to deal with this stupid battle for no reason...so can someone plz help?  Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 06:14

also I am getting this:
---------------------------

Unable to start:

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

[85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]
OK   

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 08:14

You probably skipped some step from this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Or did them in wrong order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 08:50

or you might have forgotten to switch of your Virus protection and did not include your downloads folder and everything concerned with sims 4 in your exclusions of your virus protection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 12:06

I have the same problem, but I am 100% sure I did everything correctly. I've installed it from scratch 3 times now. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Never had any issues with G4TW sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 13:13

Are you using mods, custom content ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 13:54

I've been having issues with my av since an update it not showing up on the tray nor being able to open it automatically...
My av is off and I placed everything into the main folder and removed ALL my mods and cc and it still doesn't work...if someone has teamviewer now is a good time to let me know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 14:13

Renamed the folder to Game_ and it did nothing...are the strings supposed to go into the main folders or not?
My teamviewer is: 
214 786 060

Going to keep this on til the issue is resolved cause I followed everything and I don't know what I did wrong... I is confused
Anyone...please...

Last edited by GummyPop on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 14:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't know what to do anymore...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 15:03

Getting desperate since I waited so long for this...and can't even play it for god knows why...so can someone please help?!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 15:23

GummyPop wrote:Getting desperate since I waited so long for this...and can't even play it for god knows why...so can someone please help?!

What I am thinking is this. If the torrent is still seeding for you in the client, right-click in the main window on the torrent and look for something like STOP. Then right-click again on it and choose "Force re-check"...the exact wording of this can vary between torrent clients. Now the client will show your torrent as "checking".

Once the checking is done, it is possible that some parts of the file will be re-downloaded. And once you get there the torrent will be seeding again.

Re-extract the files with WinRAR, and try again.

If that still does not work, please try transferring the file on a GoogleDrive account of yours, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33408-the-sims-4-seasons-version-1-44-77-1020-out-now#194203
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 15:23

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GummyPop wrote:Getting desperate since I waited so long for this...and can't even play it for god knows why...so can someone please help?!

What I am thinking is this. If the torrent is still seeding for you in the client, right-click in the main window on the torrent and look for something like STOP. Then right-click again on it and choose "Force re-check"...the exact wording of this can vary between torrent clients. Now the client will show your torrent as "checking".

Once the checking is done, it is possible that some parts of the file will be re-downloaded. And once you get there the torrent will be seeding again.

Re-extract the files with WinRAR, and try again.

If that still does not work, please try transferring the file on a GoogleDrive account of yours, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33408-the-sims-4-seasons-version-1-44-77-1020-out-now#194203
Ok I'll try it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 15:25

GummyPop wrote:Ok I'll try it

Torrenting is mostly reliable, but on occasion there is still some file corruption taking place. In which case you can either try the trick I mentioned above, re-download with a different torrent client, or use a direct download.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 15:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GummyPop wrote:Ok I'll try it

Torrenting is mostly reliable, but on occasion there is still some file corruption taking place. In which case you can either try the trick I mentioned above, re-download with a different torrent client, or use a direct download.

Good luck!
The other torrents have all the packs though...I can't find just seasons alone..
Also the DDL isn't working anymore...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:03

GummyPop wrote:The other torrents have all the packs though...I can't find just seasons alone..
Also the DDL isn't working anymore...

I can only imagine that you must be frustrated or tired now, but please try having another closer look at the message that I linked to, above. You must create a Google-account yourself, and then "import" the link to your GoogleDrive. Plus, you must choose the option "make a copy". Only then can you download the file.

If everything was done right, you should have a file in your GoogleDrive that says "Copy of The Sims 4 - Seasons". Owner is "me". And THIS is the file you need to download.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:06

But this one is buggy why would I need to redownload it if it has the same problem?
What I really need is someone looking through my files to see what I did wrong and wth went missing!  No shit, Sherlock.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:10

GummyPop wrote:But this one is buggy why would I need to redownload it if it has the same problem?

You need to think of this as for example a factory-produced item. The quality of items once they leave the factory is always the same (again: NOTHING is wrong with the original .rar file, it has been confirmed as working by most users on here).

But now there are transportation trucks or something. During the transportation of items, things can go wrong. One truck might be experiencing problems, in this case the torrent. Which is why you should try a product transported by a different truck (the direct download).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GummyPop wrote:But this one is buggy why would I need to redownload it if it has the same problem?

You need to think of this as for example a factory-produced item. The quality of items once they leave the factory is always the same (again: NOTHING is wrong with the original .rar file, it has been confirmed as working by most users on here).

But now there are transportation trucks or something. During the transportation of items, things can go wrong. One truck might be experiencing problems, in this case the torrent. Which is why you should try a product transported by a different truck (the direct download).
Or call the driver of the truck and yell at him for doing a crappy job on delivering fragile cargo  Mad
I don't have time to wait for a 9 hour deliver to be made...would just rather go back to the conveyor belt and make it myself!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:16

GummyPop wrote:Or call the driver of the truck and yell at him for doing a crappy job on delivering fragile cargo  Mad

I'm going to be diplomatic now and say: if you do not trust the quality of the download here, then you are more than welcome to use items from other sources. I have given you a possibility above, with the GoogleDrive-import, and that is that. Use it, or don't.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

I'm going to be diplomatic now and say: if you do not trust the quality of the download here, then you are more than welcome to use items from other sources. I have given you a possibility above, with the GoogleDrive-import, and that is that. Use it, or don't.

again a 9-10 hour wait for the package to arrive...like seriously its just a bunch of language strings!

//EDIT

My patience is paper thin right now I am TRYING to upload it like you said and it's just tearing down my patience even further...Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED] 1146282549

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:23

GummyPop wrote:again a 9-10 hour wait for the package to arrive...like seriously its just a bunch of language strings!

//EDIT

My patience is paper thin right now I am TRYING to upload it like you said and it's just tearing down my patience even further...Seasons not showing up. [SOLVED] 1146282549

Or wait, I'll try making it even easier for you. I don't normally do this, but here is my reserve link for the Seasons DLC:
(link removed)

Open the site, and click on where it says "Google Drive". You'll then be re-directed. People have pointed out that when the GoogleDrive works, it is much faster than the torrent.

P.S. this is a different GoogleDrive, than the one from the official announcement.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 17:44; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:26

I don't know...that depends if I can get a Estimated DL Time since it just wants to keep loading without telling me anything...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:34

There is a button in the top right that says "Download". Please click on it. If you get a prompt that "GoogleDrive can't scan this file for virusses", then choose download anyway.

I can't give you an ETA. But these filehosting services typically download to the maximum of your internet speed's capability.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:There is a button in the top right that says "Download". Please click on it. If you get a prompt that "GoogleDrive can't scan this file for virusses", then choose download anyway.

I can't give you an ETA. But these filehosting services typically download to the maximum of your internet speed's capability.
My speed isn't the best it took me 5-6 hours just to download the torrent for seasons...
patience is now at at 9%

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:42

GummyPop wrote:My speed isn't the best it took me 5-6 hours just to download the torrent for seasons...

What about the first suggestion above, about re-checking in the torrent client?

If you are too tired, then take a step back for the moment and do something else. Believe it or not, it's not much fun for me dealing with this problem here either. The Seasons DLC will still be there after a day or so.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 16:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GummyPop wrote:My speed isn't the best it took me 5-6 hours just to download the torrent for seasons...

What about the first suggestion above, about re-checking in the torrent client?

If you are too tired, then take a step back for the moment and do something else. Believe it or not, it's not much fun for me dealing with this problem here either. The Seasons DLC will still be there after a day or so.
I rechecked it at least 4 times already...and it still gives me that error. No shit, Sherlock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top