Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Households don't load. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Households don't load. [SOLVED] Empty Households don't load. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:08

so i just installed seasons for my sims 4 game and while the game loads fine & lets me choose a season, when i click to play a household, it goes to the loading screen for a bit and then just reverts back to the neighbourhood selection screen.

i also tried making a new household, and while CAS worked fine, when i tried to move the new sim to an empty lot, the same thing happened and i was kicked back to the neighbourhood screen.

what do??

edit: forgot to mention i tested this with mods enabled and disabled, happens regardless.

Back to top Go down

Households don't load. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Households don't load. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:16

remove all mods to desktop and run vanilla game. If it works, you have outdated mods.
You can go to sims vip to see which mods broke the game, which have been updated etc. Sims4 studio helps to fix cc. Run the batch fixes. It is a very nifty program and I recommend downloading it. http://sims4studio.com/ You have to register, buts its worth wile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:17

Loonieloose wrote:remove all mods to desktop and run vanilla game. If it works, you have outdated mods.
You can go to sims vip to see which mods broke the game, which have been updated etc. Sims4 studio helps to fix cc. Run the batch fixes. It is a very nifty program and I recommend downloading it. http://sims4studio.com/ You have to register, buts its worth wile

dude, i literally said i tried this without mods and it happens anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:20

does not help to only disable them you have to take them out completely. run a vanilla game and I am only trying to help, dude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:26

Loonieloose wrote:does not help to only disable them you have to take them out completely. run a vanilla game and I am only trying to help, dude.

i completely removed the entire mods folder and the problem still persists.
sorry, i didn't mean to get snappy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:32

appology accepted. some times it also helps to rename the documents electronic arts the sims 4 to the sims 4 _old and run a completely new game. check what happens. if it works you might have a borked save file or your tray file might have stuff which uses cc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 13:41

Loonieloose wrote:appology accepted. some times it also helps to rename the documents electronic arts the sims 4 to the sims 4 _old and run a completely new game. check what happens. if it works you might have a borked save file or your tray file might have stuff which uses cc.

just tried that, didn't work either  Why God.
i do have cc in the tray file but since this didn't fix it, it must be something else.. i've no idea what the problem is if the entire Sims 4 folder being renewed doesn't fix it, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jun 2018, 16:10

Vynuxys wrote:
i do have cc in the tray file but since this didn't fix it, it must be something else.. i've no idea what the problem is if the entire Sims 4 folder being renewed doesn't fix it, though.

Two things:

1) Did you at least once in the recent past rename the folder "Game", inside your TS4 installation? If not, please do it now:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-44-77-1020

2) Stick with the topic I linked above. Under #3, you can find additional information there...it is possible that this can be caused by corrupted savefiles as well. You will need to move out or delete the folder saves, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 16:23

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Vynuxys wrote:

Two things:

1) Did you at least once in the recent past rename the folder "Game", inside your TS4 installation? If not, please do it now:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-44-77-1020

2) Stick with the topic I linked above. Under #3, you can find additional information there...it is possible that this can be caused by corrupted savefiles as well. You will need to move out or delete the folder saves, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

just tried 1, didn't work.

for 2, yes i have already done that: as with the previous poster's recommendation, i renamed the entire The Sims 4 folder, and so when i launched the game it treated it as if was the first time i've ever played, no save files or anything, and still the households wouldn't load.

i've seen people in another thread say they are having this issue even after reinstalling the entire game & expansion packs, so it might be a bigger issue for some systems..  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jun 2018, 16:44

Vynuxys wrote:i've seen people in another thread say they are having this issue even after reinstalling the entire game & expansion packs, so it might be a bigger issue for some systems..  Why God.

This would actually imply that the issue happens with people who have not (yet) renamed their Game-folders, and replaced it with a fixed one, such as in the download links from the thread I posted before.

Can't suggest more at this point, I'm sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 17:20

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Vynuxys wrote:i've seen people in another thread say they are having this issue even after reinstalling the entire game & expansion packs, so it might be a bigger issue for some systems..  Why God.

This would actually imply that the issue happens with people who have not (yet) renamed their Game-folders, and replaced it with a fixed one, such as in the download links from the thread I posted before.

Can't suggest more at this point, I'm sorry.

oh.. at any point, i've done the re-naming before, so i really don't know why it's happening. maybe i'll try reinstalling and re-naming again later, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 18:06

UPDATE: i managed to get it to work!!

i think something went wrong with my download. i had to re-download the torrent, then installed seasons again, and it worked.

now if i try turning mods on, it stops working again, so i'll have to do some combing to find what's breaking it, but otherwise it's all fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jun 2018, 23:52

Vynuxys wrote:UPDATE: i managed to get it to work!!

i think something went wrong with my download. i had to re-download the torrent, then installed seasons again, and it worked.

now if i try turning mods on, it stops working again, so i'll have to do some combing to find what's breaking it, but otherwise it's all fixed.

Interesting..thanks for letting us know?

P.S. may I ask which torrent client you used initially? I honestly doubt it matters, but I hear more frequently that uTorrent seems to be mucking up, as of lately...

Hmmm, sure?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 15:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Vynuxys wrote:UPDATE: i managed to get it to work!!

Interesting..thanks for letting us know?

P.S. may I ask which torrent client you used initially? I honestly doubt it matters, but I hear more frequently that uTorrent seems to be mucking up, as of lately...

Hmmm, sure?

i use bittorrent, but it may also have been a network issue on my side. the original download took forever, possibly because my internet was acting up. it went a lot smoother the second time!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jun 2018, 19:37

Vynuxys wrote:
i use bittorrent, but it may also have been a network issue on my side. the original download took forever, possibly because my internet was acting up. it went a lot smoother the second time!

Alright, thanks for letting us know! And have fun with the DLC. Smile  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top