Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance. - Page 2 Empty Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 17:34

First topic message reminder :

Hi there, my sims 3(1.67) runs generaly acceptable (playing with everything at max) howerver when i move the camera the game framedrops drastically. some people says the game has a warning like "unknown graphics card" but i don't have that problem. is there something to fix this??

Back to top Go down

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Post by Dracos66 Fri 06 Jul 2018, 03:27

I was thinking the same thing, it sounds like it could be a hardware issue. One way to check if its the HDD is to run chkdsk at startup and see if it reports any errors such as bad sectors and/or high file fragmentation.

Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance. - Page 2 Empty Re: Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 10:07

No everything else runs perfectly fine. WhatDidUJustCallMe? so far i only had this problem with two games but the other game is an ancient game by programers with questionable programing skills. and the other game is sims 3 (which is also by programers with questionable programing skills).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 06 Jul 2018, 21:41

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
yomama wrote:
what do you mean by version of driver? it only says "24.21.13.9836" though im using msi(zotac) motherboard so if thats what you mean yes i use msi, for date it says "24.6.2018" so not realy outdated.

So let's see...

=> you appear to have the latest drivers installed

=> you didn't mention it, but I assume you also tried using the 4GB patch I mentioned before, and also the "tweak" with the Vertical Sync, in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Edit: sorry, didn't see. You actually did mention it above.

=> plus the tweak with the GeForce Experience

The question I have now is, to what extent does the framedrop you experience, impact the gameplay negatively? Such, that the game is absolutely unplayable? Or is it more like a nuisance?

In case of the latter, I'm not sure what else to suggest, I'm sorry. I recall @Sim Architect once mentioning that having the game installed on an SSD drive (instead of the classic HDD) can also impact game performance positively. But apart from that, the game was never fully optimized, and some form of lagging will always be there I guess, regardless of how bada$$ one's gaming machine might be.

But of course, if someone else has a better idea, they are free to share it with us here.
Thanks for tagging me, @The_gh0stm4n!

Yes, having both the Sims 3 folder inside Program Files AND the Sims 3 folder inside your Documents is very important (sometimes the latter makes an even larger difference, if you have the entire store and/or lots of CC). I also like running the game in windowed mode at 1200 lines or less (1920x1080 or 1600x1200 maximum, the smaller the window, the better, but you have to set the resolution and not just drag the window corners, or you will make things worse by re scaling) and I reduce details of the stuff that won't matter too much to me (like sims), turn of anti aliasing and reduce the distance a little. I do NOT recommend hiding objects on inactive floors, because it makes the game reload objects all the time, plus give you an awful experience, and you have a great video card that should be more than enough for not too low settings.

Also, I always felt the game to be more CPU than GPU intensive (the clock speed and processing efficiency being more important than number of cores/threads, as long as you have at least 4, of course), and having at least 8 GB of RAM (16+ desirable if multitasking) is always nice...

There are many nice tutorials around the forum about how to enable better memory handling and things like that. If your SSD is small, you can get away by creating symbolic links to accommodate just the folders you want in it, like the two mentioned above.

OH! And if you are going to buy an SSD, it better be NVME or a PCI-Express that is NOT SATA, otherwise the performance gain won't be too impressive, unless you're doing RAID 0 with 4+ Sata3 disks and you have enough IO available for it and the disks are laying around. The game loads large files into the memory and, even though random access makes a big difference, sequential reads AND writes impact massively!

I hope my suggestions help!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 23:25

i actualy do run it with 1920x1080 in windowed mode all these time.

i did try turn AA, didnt make a major difference.

i do have 16 gb of ram and 4 cores.

the game isnt in my ssd (and my ssd has 2 gb of free space and i cant make more space its too little).

plus to these i test the game with all my data in documents removed it did improve the performance however it definetly doesnt run like its on a gtx 1070 gaming system.

if its about the ssd i think i realy need to give up (dolar is up there and im not american nor european) and hope for sims 5 to be out in 2019 and not a total f- up like sims 4 in the meantime i can deal with this framerate.

however thank you very much! if i some how save some money i'll consider what you said.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jul 2018, 02:15

yomama wrote: and hope for sims 5 to be out in 2019 and not a total f- up like sims 4 (...)

You may be out of luck with that line of thinking; someone said here that they are planning further TS4 DLCs for a couple of years to come...
Edit, here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31666-the-sims-5#193981
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 10:37

yeah.. WhatDidUJustCallMe? im avare of that but dreaming wont hurt will it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jul 2018, 14:59

yomama wrote:yeah.. WhatDidUJustCallMe? im avare of that but dreaming wont hurt will it?

Of course, of course; don't let your personal beliefs be influenced by me. I am only here to provide support, and to "clean up" if Forum rules are violated. 

With that being said, I am not necessarily known for being a flowery person. Whenever possible I prefer keeping people honest, which mostly means to voice unpleasant things. Moreover, I also believe that this genre of a singleplayer general life simulation game is dead. If there were a The Sims 5 in the future at some point, what else would they do different there? Most people would reply generic things like "more realism", "more features", "better technical optimization", etc. I would see some potential in a multiplayer-mode, in any future installment of The Sims.

But other than that: try playing The Sims 2, The Sims 3, or move on altogether to some other game series.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 01:24

Smile there has to be an realist in such community I totally respect that.

But it really bothers me how no one (except for quick cash android "developers") tries to make a sims game, there is cities skylines and cities XL for beating simcity (which they did) in their own genre but when it comes to life simulation no studio didn't touch such cash grab is kind of unreal.

Also I wish I played sims 2 in its time so it would be nostalgic about it and enjoy it. but due to my computer at the time I couldn't run it, and when I get a new computer I just skip 1 to 3, and now playing it looks technologically disastrous, even sims 3 frustrates me time to time.

Yet if I cannot get a proper sims 5 I'll might try sims 2, ea said the most irresponsible thing about sims 5 when sims 4 newly arrived which I don't remember exactly but it was like "if sims 4 don't sell well enough we will not make an new sequel" which makes me concerned even today. I mean if its going to be like sims 4 please don't make it but darn that sentence is one hack of a way to lose all your fans, yet no one tries to protest it like they did in battlefront II.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Jul 2018, 17:00

yomama wrote:ea said the most irresponsible thing about sims 5 when sims 4 newly arrived which I don't remember exactly but it was like "if sims 4 don't sell well enough we will not make an new sequel"

I believe that is or was a rumor, spread by various "gaming fake news sites". But if you or anybody happen to have an official EA link to that statement, I'll gladly change my opinion. 

I also find it slightly strange that such a statement would be made in public, by a major game publisher. Because it could be seen as whiny, or some kind of "blackmail".

yomama wrote:But it really bothers me how no one (except for quick cash android "developers") tries to make a sims game,

Yes, the general mainstream trend these days is leaning toward mobile devices. I think it also has a bit to do with what I hinted at above: what would a different game publisher do differently, than EA? There are games like YouTuber's Life and Esports Life, that somewhat resemble the traditional Sims games, but focus on a relatively narrow aspect of (real) life: "professional" gaming, streaming, YouTube let's plays, etc. Maybe there is some potential as well, in making these simulations 'focus' on more narrow areas. Who knows.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 20:01

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I believe that is or was a rumor, spread by various "gaming fake news sites". But if you or anybody happen to have an official EA link to that statement, I'll gladly change my opinion. 

I also find it slightly strange that such a statement would be made in public, by a major game publisher. Because it could be seen as whiny, or some kind of "blackmail".

Here is the article i read: https://www.pcgamer.com/sims-4-developer-warns-there-wont-be-a-sims-5-if-this-one-doesnt-sell/
Here is another article that i just find: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137296-Sims-5-Wont-be-Made-if-Sims-4-Isnt-Successful-Says-EA

Unsuprisingly they deleted the original post but i find it on waybackmachine: https://web.archive.org/web/20140907175603/http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12589796/

The_ghOstm4n wrote:Yes, the general mainstream trend these days is leaning toward mobile devices. I think it also has a bit to do with what I hinted at above: what would a different game publisher do differently, than EA? There are games like YouTuber's Life and Esports Life, that somewhat resemble the traditional Sims games, but focus on a relatively narrow aspect of (real) life: "professional" gaming, streaming, YouTube let's plays, etc. Maybe there is some potential as well, in making these simulations 'focus' on more narrow areas. Who knows.

There is that one game called "software inc." the building mechanics are phenomenal if the guy just implemented interactions and ai it would be a great game despite its bad graphics (which I wouldn't really care if it looks bad or not) but he is just one guy which makes creating an ai really hard. Plus to that I don't think he would care to create a life sim, even though his source code would really help. It would be awesome to find some dedicated people to make this kind of game just like how some people on 4chan one day said "lets make a dating sim about disabled girls, they also deserve love!" and created katawa shoujo. I wonder if that's possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Jul 2018, 15:16

yomama wrote:
Here is the article i read: https://www.pcgamer.com/sims-4-developer-warns-there-wont-be-a-sims-5-if-this-one-doesnt-sell/
Here is another article that i just find: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137296-Sims-5-Wont-be-Made-if-Sims-4-Isnt-Successful-Says-EA

Unsuprisingly they deleted the original post but i find it on waybackmachine: https://web.archive.org/web/20140907175603/http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12589796/

Ah, thanks for sharing! 

This thing about "if Sims 4 is not successful there won't be a Sims 5" is a recent discussion that - as hinted - was brought up by various gaming fake news sites. Note that I don't generally follow these mainstream news sites, but in that case I assumed that some recent press statement from EA has led to said news outlets "reporting" about it.

But from what I've seen, the statement in question is a Forum comment from September 2014, which apparently somebody dug out (recently)? At the time they surely weren't actively planning for a Sims 5, because Sims 4 just came out at that time. 

Well, one way for these gaming fake news sites to generate more clicks on their sites (although: more and more people these days use adblockers anyhow, so maybe not as much click-revenue as expected?).

Haters gonna hate Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top